TTTNE 439 Anyone for Pizza?

KJR the PR of TaFW

^Is that an invitation? :o what will you do back!?

I can't hit you without purpose, you're too sweet, I'd feel like a real bitch!

For your CV, do you happen to qualify for an internship? Or volunteer work? Just to gain the experience you need?

Yes, wise one you! Gave it a whole new meaning ;)

Nothing :P I wouldn't hurt you! But if you ever want to take your frustrations out on me feel free to do so

I'm thinking of doing an internship next year, I am already volunteering at a charity. I'm looking for something a bit more... unique, I have general work experience already. Checked my emails and there were so many... :o

In my field you can never have 'too much experience'. Problem is, I have regular work experience and legal work experience but no 'interests/societies' at all. That is really important too, they want you to be a well-rounded individual and right now I look as though I live and breath work, lol

Nothing :P I wouldn't hurt you! But if you ever want to take your frustrations out on me feel free to do so

I'm thinking of doing an internship next year, I am already volunteering at a charity. I'm looking for something a bit more... unique, I have general work experience already. Checked my emails and there were so many... :o

In my field you can never have 'too much experience'. Problem is, I have regular work experience and legal work experience but no 'interests/societies' at all. That is really important too, they want you to be a well-rounded individual and right now I look as though I live and breath work, lol

:Shocked: you have to be joking!? I wouldn't make you my punching bag! That'd horrible! I would never do that to anyone! Especially not to you! Thats just sick! Gosh! I feel awful just thinking about that!

I have been someone's abused stress doll (if you will) and its no fucking field day!

Good luck on your internship, I think it will be great to showcase a wider range of experience that way! Not only with work, but with people as well.

Inbox full of potential jobs! That's great news? Yes?

I think spending more time in social settings will assist where you see fit

So I was at the faculty. There was no lesson, big surprise there. <_<

I am looking forward to going away for a short course tomorrow. That might cheer me up.

Lol of course not Buckie!

Well ... they really cannot drive in Sicily.

Bucky- Sorry if I sound like I'm pestering you, but if I was tutoring kids privately I'd definitely note that on my cv, it would make me stand out (doing a job that not many students do - here, anyway) while being relevant to my field in some way. If you got like a 'proper' job, what would you have to show for it? If I write down I work in a supermarket, that's it. Maybe they'd make some enquiries, and in my case I have a reference to back me up. Perhaps your future employer could make similar enquiries - that's what you'd have to show for it.

I know what you mean... I've been feeling pessimistic a lot lately too. I think we all have :( we need to chin up, the spamily grows strong, like Cora said :grouphug:

The fact that you can dance makes you a talented person in itself. I'd fall over my own feet if I tried

Probably you are right. :dunno: Either way, it is moot, I am not teaching anybody and know nobody who might need that.

So he's a blonde little shit ?

I thought we were over calling people insulting names in here? :rolleyes:

Hahahaha Buckie! Look! Look at THAT!

<----------
ALL OF THAT! Nym has joined Rhae, Helena, and I, in our unofficial support Buckie club from young woman!

Lol you guys aren't singled out! We are all in the support Buckie club
Just there are some of us who try to encourage, and we just get the back of the hand :P UNLESS we gang up on her, then she feels inclined to accept the gesture.

Yes, we're the support Bucky club :smug: Bucky is pure awesomeness and will do fantastically when she gets a job.

Please stop.

Cora, you should not work if you are sick.

I lost all my posts again :bawl: (I actually only remember two things, even though I had 8 posts collected *sigh*

Happy October my lovelies :kiss:

Had a great karate class last night. Working on the fine tuning...looking like an upper belt instead of a lower belt. ;)

Our next test is in 5 weeks, which means I have 3 weeks to show I am ready for it (permissions are given out 2 weeks before the test as the form has to be mailed in). I need to hit some extra classes the next few weeks. I am very excited. I am 90% sure I will get permission to test.

Had a weird dream this morning that I was a few shades crazier than I actually am. it was so strange to be able to feel the tether to reality slip away. :eek: I think I need to post the full dream in the dreams thread.

KTI: Glad you are feeling better

Bex & Lady O: sorry you are not feeling well

Lady O: About kids in martial arts: A lot of schools won't take kids that are not yet in school. If you find this is the case, maybe try a tumbling/gymnastics class for 4 yr olds at the Y (or similar place)

A few suggestions on picking a class: Visit several classes while they are in session so you can see how they are handled. Be wary of schools that make you sign a long term contract (2 yrs) AND promise a certain belt level by the end of it (usually the level just below black). There is no way to HONESTLY promise a certain belt by a certain time. All kids learn at different paces.

Also, check out much contact is allowed. For kids that young, it should be very light to no contact. (we are a no contact school---for the kids; for adults, it is light contact to the body, NO contact to the head)

The no contact means the kids have to have a lot more control.

I will admit, I don't think our school is big on the "discipline" aspect. We are not like the Cobra Ki's. Our school was founded by an actual teacher, and they use methods more like those used in schools than the military. Don't misunderstand though, kids that won't listen at all, will be made to sit out (like last night when we were teaching the beginners sparring for the first time. There is no room for horseplay as that could lead to someone getting hurt. We had one boy who just wouldn't be serious, and he had to sit out for a few minutes. Let me say the other boy who is proned to not listening was very well behaved when he saw that)

That is why I think you need to actually watch a few classes first, before deciding. You need to find one that has the right balance for your son. Alex would shut down if it was a really strict discipline environment.

But the one thing that has been really great with our school is the added self confidence. To me, this is much more important than the discipline. Alex has grown so much from this! And I do relate it to his school work. (How hard was _______ when you first learned it? And now how easy is it? How did it get easy? (practice ;) ) Well, school work is the same way. You have to practice it, not just read it once blah blah blah.

So I'm a midget being 165? :dunno:

I want to sleeeeep :crying:

Nah , you're just right ;)

You will , but not much on the coffee and repeat after me "two more days . Two more days. Two more days. " and when you get home this https://33.media.tumblr.com/736f7338b46fb83644e5cf45cf30f322/tumblr_ncmap3t3rO1tq4of6o1_500.gif

Then next day I'll pull you out http://splatter.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/4-moping-in-bed-gif.gif

:grouphug:

Morning!!

Woke up at 5:37 AM on my own. Not sure I'm digging that.

Had a weird dream that involved white shoes. And I believe driving a car into water. And I think I was back in college. Obviously, my brain was working like clockwork orange.

Lany!

I'm still laughing about Cobra Ki's :lol:

I don't want ultra discipline, Alex would not mesh well with that. More like the routine of going every week, learning new moves, practicing and goals. I also think he'd be good at it - actually the kid seems like a natural wrestler but I haven't seen any classes for lil wrestlers. There's also the learning self defense part. If he ends up short like me I want him to be able to defend himself. Hubby trained with Israeli army for a while and wants him to learn to some of that once he's an adult.

And if I can find something he enjoys to motivate him for other things I'm all-in :)

I think I'm going to make your spinach skillet recipe tonight, wish me luck!

Taters, I don't get the blonde hate. Is it an inside joke? Cause it grates on this blonde :(

Morning!!

Woke up at 5:37 AM on my own. Not sure I'm digging that.

Had a weird dream that involved white shoes. And I believe driving a car into water. And I think I was back in college. Obviously, my brain was working like clockwork orange.

Lany!

I'm still laughing about Cobra Ki's :lol:

I don't want ultra discipline, Alex would not mesh well with that. More like the routine of going every week, learning new moves, practicing and goals. I also think he'd be good at it - actually the kid seems like a natural wrestler but I haven't seen any classes for lil wrestlers. There's also the learning self defense part. If he ends up short like me I want him to be able to defend himself. Hubby trained with Israeli army for a while and wants him to learn to some of that once he's an adult.

And if I can find something he enjoys to motivate him for other things I'm all-in :)

I think I'm going to make your spinach skillet recipe tonight, wish me luck!

Taters, I don't get the blonde hate. Is it an inside joke? Cause it grates on this blonde :(

Good! Sounds like you know what to look for in a class. But do sit in on a few :) I bet he will love learning it! (and really, it was how I got started. I learned the moves to help Alex practice and found I was really liking it)

Good luck with the recipe. It is rather easy, just don't worry when you first add the spinach and it is over flowing the skillet...it will shrink down real quick

(and I keep laughing that we both have Alex's....and they seem similar in temperament)

I suppose it is a sort of an inside joke , I just never found blonees to be kind looking . And it became funny to me . :dunno:

I don't chop up blondes and keep them in the freezer if that's what you're asking. :p

I suppose it is a sort of an inside joke , I just never found blonees to be kind looking . And it became funny to me . :dunno:

I don't chop up blondes and keep them in the freezer if that's what you're asking. :p

I was starting to wonder.

Giant Potato snacking on blonde morsels.

:uhoh:

Archived