You have an army: choose your general.

James Steller

Bob. Polk High, four touchdowns in one game Summerhall, three battles won in one day, baby! And the men loved him, for some reason. Ned's men loved him, too, and his record is spotless, he wouldn't be a bad choice, either. Conversely, Stannis' men would sometimes switch sides even before the battle was over, and I'm not sure I can afford that.

Bloodraven. Highly intelligent, can warg people and use glamors. Plus weirwood arrows and he would definitely be leading from the rear of my army, so I won't have to worry about my general dying unless my whole army is destroyed.

He was a Targ loyalist so I would probably have to side with Dany or Aegon (only if he's real) or if R+L=J Jon to keep him on my side.

Reported for stealing my idea. :bawl:

Give me euron then, since bloodraven is already off the board, with victarion as his fleet commander. :cool4:

Victarion lost the only major battle he was ever in.

Uh...no? That was the only battle he ever lost, more like it. He whipped the lannister's asses in lannisport, and I think it's fairly obvious the iron fleet was heavily outmanned/outnumbered vs the combined naval forces of the seven kingdoms.

Give me euron then, since bloodraven is already off the board, with victarion as his fleet commander. :cool4:

Uh...no? That was the only battle he ever lost, more like it. He whipped the lannister's asses in lannisport, and I think it's fairly obvious the iron fleet was heavily outmanned/outnumbered vs the combined naval forces of the seven kingdoms.

Euron made the plan, he burned ships at anchor basically. Not really "whipping their asses," the Shield Island raids were Euron too, his plan (again using stealth) to come at them unseen and undetected to win.

Victarion captured a defenseless Moat Cailin, defeated and captured several ships from a few actual warships (Serry's few) to merchant and slaver vessels. He lost in the one real battle at Fair Island where Euron wasn't there to hold his hand and where "SMASH RIGHT THROUGH!" wasn't a real strategy. Outmanned and outnumbered? Isn't the one thing the Ironborn have going for them, the one thing they are known for, naval combat? Yet he got "smashed." That one stroke basically ended the war, the rest was mopping up.

I would take Victarion on my team any day of the week as he is a fearsome warrior, but never as a leader or planner. Just like I would take Gregor Clegane on my team, but never ask him to do anything other than what the plan is or "brutalize people."

Euron made the plan, he burned ships at anchor basically. Not really "whipping their asses," the Shield Island raids were Euron too, his plan (again using stealth) to come at them unseen and undetected to win.

Victarion captured a defenseless Moat Cailin, defeated and captured several ships from a few actual warships (Serry's few) to merchant and slaver vessels. He lost in the one real battle at Fair Island where Euron wasn't there to hold his hand and where "SMASH RIGHT THROUGH!" wasn't a real strategy. Outmanned and outnumbered? Isn't the one thing the Ironborn have going for them, the one thing they are known for, naval combat? Yet he got "smashed." That one stroke basically ended the war, the rest was mopping up.

I would take Victarion on my team any day of the week as he is a fearsome warrior, but never as a leader or planner. Just like I would take Gregor Clegane on my team, but never ask him to do anything other than what the plan is or "brutalize people."

Or stomp on pesky Vipers.

And Euron is likely to kill you. At least Victarion is loyal.

Or stomp on pesky Vipers.

And Euron is likely to kill you. At least Victarion is loyal.

If I must die, then let it be humorous and fitting! Hopefully drowned in a vat of wine with lewd photos of Natalie Dormer posted on the inside.

That's the kind of death Euron offers.

Vicky? Lacks imagination.

If I must die, then let it be humorous and fitting! Hopefully drowned in a vat of wine with lewd photos of Natalie Dormer posted on the inside.

That's the kind of death Euron offers.

Vicky? Lacks imagination.

That does sound like a good death.

But Victarion would die for you, as long as you didn't sleep with his wife, or laughed at him.Easy to do.

You realize he burned the Lannister fleet at anchor? That means they had no idea it was coming and didn't even have a chance to fight back. The fact that his greatest "victory" is burning an anchored fleet(which wasn't even his own plan) should tell us all we need to know about his military prowess.

You realize he burned the Lannister fleet at anchor? That means they had no idea it was coming and didn't even have a chance to fight back. The fact that his greatest "victory" is burning an anchored fleet(which wasn't even his own plan) should tell us all we need to know about his military prowess.

Not a huge Victarion For Brainpower advocate, but the execution of a cutting out operation is the only actually credible part of the deal. Burning your enemies ships at anchor is about as original a military plan as 'catch them off guard."

Edmure Tully. Seems to be a capable commander without being a bloodthirsty asshole or backstabbing schemer. Has a touch with the common folk so hopefully they would come around to me as well. He is the perfect guy to command troops without too much of his own agenda. Just have to make sure you tell him EXACTLY what you want him to do.

Archived