Trystane merge with A & Q? (Spoilers)

Jayuk83

Big apologies if this has already been discussed. I did a search and could find this specific point but I could be wrong.

Anyway, I just wanted to come by to talk about the show version of Trystane Martell.

As far as we know, no Quentyn has been cast so a lot of people are speculating that Trystane has been merged with him.

Has anybody speculated that perhaps Aegon has been merged with him as well?

Think about it; it could work. It fits with Doran's secretive and subdued personality that he has harboured baby Aegon at Dorne for all this time / or if he's fake, they pretend that Trystane is Aegon.

Think about it; it could work. It fits with Doran's secretive and subdued personality that he has harboured baby Aegon at Dorne for all this time / or if he's fake, they pretend that Trystane is Aegon.

If they are cutting Aegon, it's obviously because of the complexity of the storyline. It makes no sense whatsoever they will "relocate" him to Dorne.

Think Trystane's part in the tv show is to try to make Myrcella the Queen and fail, just like Arianne did.

He's going to play Arianne's part.

I don't believe the show will need to merge Quentyn in anyone, once he dies without any success in his mission.

If they are cutting Aegon, it's obviously because of the complexity of the storyline. It makes no sense whatsoever they will "relocate" him to Dorne.

They cut Aegon because they have done a very poorly job portraying Rhaegar. Some people still don't know who he is, what he did and why he died.

I thought about that possibility, but only because Trystane is totally white whereas most of the other Martells/Sands are PoC. I think I strike that up more to D&D's clumsiness than anything else, though

I would agree, but if the show has done something right, it's to accurate portray relatives.

If you go to wotw's article about the shoot beginning in Spain there are pictures linked in the article and the comments that show both Siddig and Toby Sebastian with fans (in separate photos sadly). Sebastian has more of a tan than he did in the casting video and if you compare the pictures he actually looks like he could be Doran's son. Remember that Siddig is half-English himself, so their background aren't really as different as people seem to be saying.

As for this thread's spec...it is POSSIBLE that Trystane will take on Aegon's role by being someone who leads a force to KL, but he WILL NOT be Aegon himself.

Well, i feel they cannot cut Aegon.

He is Varys and Illyrio motivation, and they showed their meeting under the Red Keep in Season one.

He is already in, or Varys and Illyrio are doing this just for the Targaryen.

Daenerys even asked Viserys about Illyrio's motives in season one!

Aegon might be late, but he cannot be totally missing.

They cut Aegon because they have done a very poorly job portraying Rhaegar. Some people still don't know who he is, what he did and why he died.

I would agree, but if the show has done something right, it's to accurate portray relatives.

oh, yes, one girl I know read the books after watching season one and she still doesn´t know who Rheagar was.

Well, i feel they cannot cut Aegon.

He is Varys and Illyrio motivation, and they showed their meeting under the Red Keep in Season one.

He is already in, or Varys and Illyrio are doing this just for the Targaryen.

Daenerys even asked Viserys about Illyrio's motives in season one!

Aegon might be late, but he cannot be totally missing.

TYSHA!!!

Why not? It's a smart move that saves them from having to cast and pay 3 different actors. I feel they can easily cut Arianne if they cut Aegon and have Varys and Illyrio support Dany all the way. Merging Trystane with Aegon could also still work because then you don't need to bring him over to westeros and you could then keep Varys' and Illyrio's plans as they are in the books. Condensing and simplifying means just that: trimming the fat and moving the story along at a pace that does not slow down the whole thing to a grinding halt.

Well, according to the latest set report, show!Trystane has a kind of Aegonish personality.

To sum up the god-awful scene description:

Jaime and Bronn arrive at Dorne, find Myrcella and Trystane kissing, Trys gets mad for some reason and draws his sword, Bronn knocks him unconcious, the Sand Snakes show up, a fight ensues, and Hotah appears to calm things down

Yeah, I might be done with this shit

Well, according to the latest set report, show!Trystane has a kind of Aegonish personality.

Jaime and Bronn arrive at Dorne, find Myrcella and Trystane kissing, Trys gets mad for some reason and draws his sword, Bronn knocks him unconcious, the Sand Snakes show up, a fight ensues, and Hotah appears to calm things down

Yeah, I might be done with this shit

I might be done as well.

Overreactions regarding changes the show makes are nothing extraordinary on here sadly enough. People judge things out of context and before they have actually watched any of it. I might also add that a criticism leveled against the Bran and Jon storyline in season 4 was that while it deviated somewhat, it didn't deviate enough from the books. At least here this is wholly original content and I can accept that.

If you already use words like 'godawful' before you even watched any of it, then I don't trust whatever it is you have to say because you are prejudging.

Overreactions regarding changes the show makes are nothing extraordinary on here sadly enough. People judge things out of context and before they have actually watched any of it. I might also add that a criticism leveled against the Bran and Jon storyline in season 4 was that while it deviated somewhat, it didn't deviate enough from the books. At least here this is wholly original content and I can accept that.

If you already use words like 'godawful' before you even watched any of it, then I don't trust whatever it is you have to say because you are prejudging.

He called the scene's description "god-awful." And I think it's hard to argue against that. I'm trying to think of a better adjective than "god-awful." What's the complete antonym of "nuance"?

Yeah, I might be done with this shit.

I will think calm, serene thoughts. My mind is calm and clear as a tropical lagoon. I will not let HBO ruin my life, I will not let HBO ruin my life, I will not let HBO ruin my life...

How is anyone surprised that HBO is diverting further and further from the books? I daresay that was their intent all along. The writers obviously think they can do Martin's story better than he can and they've been working towards that for some time now as each season just seems to get worse (season 3 was a little better than 2, but 4 went down the shitter with Tywin's last meal, in my opinion).

By the time they pass the books they'll be making it all up anyway, I don't buy the whole "they know the ending and plan honor it" or whatever. They haven't cared to really honor the spirit of the story this far, occasional bright spots aside, so why would they for the ending? I'm sure they know a "better" way to end the story than George does.

Archived