So Abercrombie or Bakker?

Ghjhero

As I recall, the exact nature of the trees in the Mop (and sentient trees in general) is left pretty fuzzy. We are mostly told these are "witches" or folk tales (then again that kind of shit usually ends up being true in Earwa), and that it has something to do with people burying bodies under trees instead of burning them -- burning bodies is considered the "right" way to do things among Inrithi, and indeed there's a distinction made there between Nonmen, who bury their dead. There is some off-hand text about older trees eventually developing rudimentary souls though, implying some form of sentience.

The Mop itself seems to almost be like a miniature Mengedda -- not quite a topos, but perhaps on the path to becoming one?

In terms of OPs question - if you like hijacking threads with discussions about one of your favourite book series, Bakker may well be the one to go for :P

It does show a certain level of passion which can only be a good indicator.

Arborification of humans

would be indeed be a source of salvation, undoing whatever damnation had been amassed. It would be a wise course of action for the Consult, one wonders why it didn’t work on a larger scale.

In the dreams it seemed to be

the consults victims who were being sent in, not them?

I don't know why it'd be a source of salvation.

Though it may be a source of suspended animation, I guess.

Last page of a thread isn't what I thought it will be :drunk:

I have to choose Abercrombie over Bakker simply because I wasn't able to finish reading Bakker's book (I can't even remember what it was called like qq).

I quit around page 50 or something like that. Just not my cup of tea. I think there were some orcs masturbating, but maybe that's something I dreamed of. :blushing:

I like Abercrombie's books...and I don't. I enjoy most parts of books but then a fight scene comes around and my girl genes/hormones/whatever turn on and I find them a wee bit boring. :dunno:

Archived