So Abercrombie or Bakker?

Ghjhero

I have only read the first trilogy of both (German Version) and have to say I enjoyed both but slightly prefer Bakker although reading Abercrombie is more "fun" at a first glance.

I am also a big fan of Joe`s blog and his written thoughts on Videogames, TV Shows etc. as well.

As a fan of adult Fantasy literature you owe it to yourself to read them both sooner or later.

I have only read the first trilogy of both (German Version) and have to say I enjoyed both but slightly prefer Bakker although reading Abercrombie is more "fun" at a first glance.

I am also a big fan of Joe`s blog and his written thoughts on Videogames, TV Shows etc. as well.

As a fan of adult Fantasy literature you owe it to yourself to read them both sooner or later.

Bakker's 2nd trilogy is awesome, I'd you liked the first you'd love the 2nd

Choose Abercrombie. He wrote 4 books in the space it took George Martin to write one.

I'm half way through BTAH, and I'm enjoying it by all means. But, I wouldn't put on the level of ASOIAF. And Bakker had me way more intrigued this far into his first trilogy. Now, I could be singing a different tune after I've finished The First Law trilogy, we'll see.

GRRM was not so much slower with the first 3 of ASoIaF. And ASoIaF has probably 5 times as many important characters, so it does not really compare. All 6 of Abercrombie's are rather straightforward (they are probably the better for that, this is not meant as a criticism).

@ op - but seriously if you just wanted to know who'd win in a fight, Cnaiur or the Bloody Nine, the answer is Caine.

Ha, Caine, always Caine. Although the bloody fucking Nine is pretty damn close.

I like them both, and enjoy how Bakker can spin a yarn, but i'm all in on Abercrombie. His style is a lot more accessible, and he seems like a swell dude. Not to mention, he is the fucking Lord Grimdark. How could you turn away from that?

Archived