R+L = J v.109

BearQueen87

Aerys himself?

So the line would be from Jaehaerys, with 7 descendants.. Jaehaerys, the man who made his son and daugher wed, to turn the 2 into a 7..

I suppose that's possible, although it would seem more likely that if it did apply, it would relate to the descendants of his line. Aerys by definition is not from the line of Aerys and Elia.

Rhaego, Dany's son.

Does he count? I'm a pro-lifer, but I wouldn't really count it as a living Targaryen.

Does he count? I'm a pro-lifer, but I wouldn't really count it as a living Targaryen.

Ask J.Star....I was just following his explanation

I think Rhaego does because he was obviously living in womb before the tent. But I admit it's one of those "ehhhh" ones.

A lot of evidence farming to get to 109 threads guys, well done. Anything conclusive yet?

Yeah. Jon is the son of Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark.

And not that this is in any way cannon, but Kit Harrington (the actor who plays Jon Snow) is also a voice in How to Train your Dragon 2. The world is lining this stuff up for us...

Why do the descendants have to be from he line of Aerys and Elia?

“Ser Barristan went on. “I saw your father [Aerys] and your mother [Rhaella] wed as well. Forgive me, but there was no fondness there, and the realm paid dearly for that, my queen.”

“Why did they wed if they did not love each other?”

“Your grandsire commanded it. A woods witch had told him that the prince was promised would be born of their line.

“A woods witch?” Dany was astonished.

“She came to court with Jenny of Oldstones. A stunted thing, grotesque to look upon. A dwarf, most people said, though dear to Lady Jenny, who always claimed that she was one of the children of the forest.”

- ADwD, Daenerys IV

Why do the descendants have to be from he line of Aerys and Elia?

Aerys and Rhaella's line will produce the prince that was promised.

Doesn't leave us many options in the story.

- ADwD, Daenerys IV

Aerys and Rhaella's line will produce the prince that was promised.

Doesn't leave us many options in the story.

Yeah, but the count earlier on thread included Rhaella.. Rhaella does not descend from Aerys, so either, for the seven rubies, we should count only their descendants, which would bring the count to five.

Or we should count both Aerys and Rhaella, because without that union there would.be no descendants..

But counting Rhaella yet excluding Aerys does not sound right to me.

Yeah, but the count earlier on thread included Rhaella.. Rhaella does not descend from Aerys, so either, for the seven rubies, we should count only their descendants, which would bring the count to five.

Or we should count both Aerys and Rhaella, because without that union there would.be no descendants..

But counting Rhaella yet excluding Aerys does not sound right to me.

Agreed. Their line is their children, their children's children, etc.

This is known how?

Jaehaerys forced them to marry because a woodswitch told him that the Prince that was Promised would come from their line- the exact quote is right above.

That would only leave Dany, Jon and Aegon (if he's real, of course).

Jaehaerys forced them to marry because a woodswitch told him that the Prince that was Promised would come from their line- the exact quote is right above.

That would only leave Dany, Jon and Aegon (if he's real, of course).

I see, thanks! Sorry didn't feel like searching in 3 pages of new info :|

This also has the requirement that this is one of the prophecies that does come true (since not all of them will according to GRRM). But it would be lame if it wouldn't since it's a major thing in the series.

My money is on Jon though.

Archived