TTTNE 441 - In honor of PISSED!

KJR the PR of TaFW

If anyone is wondering, it's "Scone" as in "bone."

(Also, unintelligible, as the documentary evidence linked here demonstrates.) The earthquake was added for dramatic effect, but the rest is definitely real.

I dunno how I missed this :lol:

Not sure about this northern speak but I worked in a coffee shop to pay for college and I had this customer that would come in every morning and order a sconce :lol: I would say "oh, what kind of scone would like?" He would point (I should say tap the glass loudly) and say "that sconce right there". Never failed. I always wondered if he went to home decor stores and ordered scones :idea:

It's 5:39 am and I'm awake. On a Saturday :bang: wrong on so many levels.

Mine takes a while, first time I had blood tests it took like.. 20 mins to get my blood out? I almost fainted.

I usually drink a lot of water beforehand but not food, because I get confused whether it's a fasting blood test (no food, only water) or a regular one. This time I don't need to fast for it so hopefully no fainting.

Also that makes no sense, why would living in Germany prevent you from donating blood?

Good luck with the secret projects!

Actually, it does make sense, even if it disappoints me. I was there in the late 80's/early 90's and there was a lot of beef contaminated with mad cow disease, so anyone who lived there then could have been exposed and it might not show up for years.

I have found the perfect tee for my son

Mine takes a while, first time I had blood tests it took like.. 20 mins to get my blood out? I almost fainted.

I usually drink a lot of water beforehand but not food, because I get confused whether it's a fasting blood test (no food, only water) or a regular one. This time I don't need to fast for it so hopefully no fainting.

Also that makes no sense, why would living in Germany prevent you from donating blood?

MAD COWS EVERYWHERE :P Honestly, my daughter donates blood as well, she got asked if she was in Britain more than six weeks in a row in the 90s. MAD COWS, MAD COWS EVERYWHERE !! :D

Americans live in Germany in the 90s: not ok.

Germans live in Britain in the 90s: not ok.

I guess Germans live in Germany and Brits in Britain is ok, because you should have known better, being born in a BSE country is so 90s :rolleyes:

Hello spamland.

Adara - still makes little sense to me :P but in the 90s I was too young to remember all this anyway..

Hello! and Bye! Cus I have work. I dislike this job. Or more accurately, the staff. But I need the experience and changing job for no serious reason will look bad on my cv. :(

Anyway cya all later

I finally got up the courage to try and trim my toe nail since it hasn't hurt in a few days. Bad news :( I was thinking it wasn't too bad, but it is. It is disconnected all down the right side and half way across the bottom and 3/4 of the way down the left side. I trimmed it 3/4 of the way down. Looks like I will indeed lose it. I am very disappointed. I was hoping a bit of tape and I would be good to go :(

@h c, Bex, Lany: It's so frustrating. On one hand, it's a little comforting to know that many parents turn like this. My mom is 76 now On the other hand - I don't want to. . I don't want to slowly turn into her, I want to become a nice old lady, one of those who always has some candy or ice cream for the neighbour kids, one with a cat, one who offers you a cup of tea when you feel like shit, one who tells you it's always sunshine after rain, one who smiles and says hi when you meet her on the street, even at a bad hair day.

There's a scene in HP that I think is so brilliant with regard to situations like this.

HP is in Dumbledore's office, waiting for the great wizard. He puts the sorting hat on his head and asks it about that moment when it said to him that he could have been in Slytherin. HP is tormented by the thought that he could have been a dark wizard. And the hat tells him in essence, "that was a choice you could have made, but you did not and that marks you. It makes a different person than Tom Riddle and the Malfoys and all the children who went willing down that path." (paraphrasing like crazy, because I don't recall the exact words). There are many things you could be, but what you want to be in your heart is what matters - if you let your heart lead you.

I'm convinced you will be that woman you want to be. :)

There's a scene in HP that I think is so brilliant with regard to situations like this.

HP is in Dumbledore's office, waiting for the great wizard. He puts the sorting hat on his head and asks it about that moment when it said to him that he could have been in Slytherin. HP is tormented by the thought that he could have been a dark wizard. And the hat tells him in essence, "that was a choice you could have made, but you did not and that marks you. It makes a different person than Tom Riddle and the Malfoys and all the children who went willing down that path." (paraphrasing like crazy, because I don't recall the exact words). There are many things you could be, but what you want to be in your heart is what matters - if you let your heart lead you.

I'm convinced you will be that woman you want to be. :)

awwww HC :grouphug: that was so sweet!

For dog lovers: leaf pile fun

Lany,

Thanks. Now I should go dig that quote out of the book and get it right . . .or maybe later. :)

The elimination game needs your help!!!

Sort of. :blushing:

We are a bit tied up in our voting - should we do actors from GOT next, or Men of the Night's Watch? voting on next EG topic, here

eta

thanks to KT I and RB for voting!! :)

For dog lovers: leaf pile fun

Lany,

Thanks. Now I should go dig that quote out of the book and get it right . . .or maybe later. :)

The elimination game eeds your help!!!

Sort of. :blushing:

We are a bit tied up in our voting - should we do actors from GOT next, or Men of the Night's Watch? voting on next EG topic, here

Totally looks like a blast!

I think I figured out why I'm so tired all the time. I have no weekends. I clean on the weekends and cook but more importantly, I'm stuck with Hodor.

I have Sgt. Hodor barking and Hodoring around for 2 days :lol:

Thank GOD I have good tv on Sundays. Otherwise, I don't think I would survive with my hair intact.

* jumps into the pile of autumn leaves in TTTNE *

Hi SpamFam! I hope you are all doing well. :grouphug: and :kiss:

And what's this about TTTNE being on page 2?

Crazy work week and I've become recently addicted to the acrophillia game. So, that's me over there in the corner attempting to work out the puzzle/clues.

Oh, and I'm also completely obsessed with The Walking Dead. :love:

My veins are hard to find as well, but once they get them, I am also fast.

Food and water or juice beforehand might help with the light headedness.

I am no longer allowed to donate because I lived in Germany for a while. Seems I might have turned into a mad cow or something :P

Another boring day in store for me. Might try to figure out what Homeland's I missed as I was sure I saw them all, but the first one last week was weird.

Still working on secret projects, but it is harder than I thought it would be.

I'm the only person in my (admittedly small) family who can donate now. My uncle had jaundice I think, when he was young, so he is ineligible. My mam has had a blood transfusion that makes her unable to do it, and my Dad is on medication and has Crohns, so he can't either.

I imagine living in Germany now wouldn't change anything though?

Yeah, it sounds like its from not drinking enough to me. Check beforehand if it is a fasting blood-test (I think those are mostly for things like diabetes though. I know I've never had one, and believe me, I have had many a blood test in my time. There was one point where they were taking about 6/7 vials every week :lol: I was like a pincushion.) and if not try to have something to eat. By drink lots, how much are you talking?

If anyone is wondering, it's "Scone" as in "bone." Speaking in Northern-speak is not pleasant... (Also, unintelligible, as the documentary evidence linked here demonstrates.) The earthquake was added for dramatic effect, but the rest is definitely real.

:crying: :crying: this cuts me deep. It truly does :crying: Let me go find Leap, he will stick up for me :idea:

And it is "scone" as in "gone."

Helena - I hope I'll be able to donate too! My mum also had a transfusion so she'd be ineligible too.

I only had a fasting blood test the first time I had one, I think I drink a good 6-8 glasses of water beforehand.

I'm with you on the accents! And finally someone who pronounces scone the same way I do!!! The proper way ;) take that ab!!

Archived