Bran Stark won't appear in season 5 (confirmed)

Brandon the Wise

Bran's 'visions' don't contain ANY spoilers so that shouldn't be a problem. Its one of those things that is shown and will make sense later

His visions in the books don't. But I seriously doubt the show will use the visions Bran sees in the books.

His visions in the books don't. But I seriously doubt the show will use the visions Bran sees in the books.

I was actually only expecting them to show that scene from season 1 when Ned is cleaning ice in the godswood,

just to demonstrate he can view the past through the weirwoods

It they keep delaying things to be shown and make sense later, final season is going to feel like

. "Drop the info, boys!!!!".

:bowdown:

I was actually only expecting them to show that scene from season 1 when Ned is cleaning ice in the godswood,

just to demonstrate he can view the past through the weirwoods

:bowdown:

I don't see why they need that particular scene, though. I think any visions we get are going to be completely necessary.

I disagree that they would need to stretch Bran's journey. I do think that he is in a position to help D&D better develop the Night's King and the White Walkers, assuming Bran will take on a role akin to that of Bran the Builder, except this time communing with the White Walkers. Perhaps at the behest of Bloodraven and the Children, or just Bloodraven,

This would have been cool, too...

Arya's dream in Mercy, the tree watching her as she ran.

Of course, she probably won't "warg" the cat, either... The one Stark who was allowed to have a meaningful connection with his direwolf/warging is out of the picture for a whole season.

This would have been cool, too...

Arya's dream in Mercy, the tree watching her as she ran.

Of course, she probably won't "warg" the cat, either... The one Stark who was allowed to have a meaningful connection with his direwolf/warging is out of the picture for a whole season.

I completely forgot about that. Also, Jon has shown no evidence of warging with Ghost so that's a bit weird

Honestly, why don't they make every episode 60 minutes long. its HBO's most watched show. Their other shows seem to be able to run for a full hour. it doesn't make sense, it seems it would solve a lot of their time problems.

I often wondered that. I know some episodes are longer than others but generally they're shorter than most HBO shows. I assumed it was just down to budget, GoT is already a fairly budget sucking show so perhaps that's why they keep the episodes shorter?

I often wondered that. I know some episodes are longer than others but generally they're shorter than most HBO shows. I assumed it was just down to budget, GoT is already a fairly budget sucking show so perhaps that's why they keep the episodes shorter?

I don't know how these things work either, i'm guessing more filming would obviously cost more. but screentime? i'm not sure how that would cost HBO more, they do allow 60 min episodes towards the end of the season.

My guess is they want people to buy their service, and get less for their money than other shows, because a lot of people get HBO just for GOT

I don't know how these things work either, i'm guessing more filming would obviously cost more. but screentime? i'm not sure how that would cost HBO more, they do allow 60 min episodes towards the end of the season.

My guess is they want people to buy their service, and get less for their money than other shows, because a lot of people get HBO just for GOT

One reason are commercial breaks. HBO may not have them, but the channels the show is sold to overseas certainly do. It is a wide known industry standard that "an hour of TV" is never really 60 minutes of TV. As a matter of fact, it's usually closer to 42 - 45 minutes. We can count ourselves lucky to get as much as we get.

As for more episodes: D&D have stressed multiple times how it is physically impossible to produce more than ten episodes in one year, what with all the sets, costumes and special effects required. They start writing for the next season as soon as the old one starts and finish the last effects two weeks before the last episode airs. So maybe we will get an extended final season (if we are really lucky), but right now, 10 episodes is all we can and will get.

season three should have been 16 episodes

E09- More or less like S4 premiere

E10- Purple Wedding

E11- Dany takes Meereen, Cersei talking to judges

E12- Tyrion trial

E13 -Tyrion looks for champion

E14- Mountain vs. Viper, Arya and Hound inn fight, Sansa + LF arrive at Eyrie

E15- Battle of Castle Black, Stannis saving the day

E16- More or less like the S4 finale plus "Only Cat", Balon's death and Brienne starting her mission

One reason are commercial breaks. HBO may not have them, but the channels the show is sold to overseas certainly do. It is a wide known industry standard that "an hour of TV" is never really 60 minutes of TV. As a matter of fact, it's usually closer to 42 - 45 minutes. We can count ourselves lucky to get as much as we get.

As for more episodes: D&D have stressed multiple times how it is physically impossible to produce more than ten episodes in one year, what with all the sets, costumes and special effects required. They start writing for the next season as soon as the old one starts and finish the last effects two weeks before the last episode airs. So maybe we will get an extended final season (if we are really lucky), but right now, 10 episodes is all we can and will get.

i understand only getting 10 episodes a season.

HBO doesn't have many ad breaks, you pay for this service so the need for ads is minimised. i think there is only one ad break in the middle of the episode. Anyway i know its standard for shows to run for 42 minutes, what i was making a point of is it actually isn't that standard for HBO. Most of the big shows i've watched from them go for a good hour (without ads in between) for nearly every episode.

Plus to show an ad during Game of Thrones would surely cost someone more, therefore extending the one ad break for a minute may be enough to extend the episode by 10 minutes.

I just think its a shame to not give Game a thrones a longer running time when its clearly the show that is giving them the most money, subscriptions and media.

I've never seen an ad break on HBO... But I have seen shows go up to and over an hour quite a bit. Also, we know they cut things that have already been filmed. The episodes could be longer.

When they showed Sex and the City (another HBO show) on a basic cable channel, which has ads, they cut the nudity/sex stuff they couldn't show, and other things (they planned ahead for it).

Here's an article that gets into that:

In preparation for syndication, producers of the show (who include Parker, 38), have filmed alternate scenes so a less racy "Sex" could be utilized outside of pay cable. TBS will reportedly emphasize the show's comedy when it advertises that "Sex and the City" will join its prime-time lineup, alongside "Seinfeld" and "Friends" reruns.

The episodes will be also shortened from how they appeared on HBO in order to accommodate time for commercials, says AP.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,626841,00.html

Archived