Did the Frey deserve to be cooked into pies?

Seaworth'sShipmate

No, I haven't considered that because I don't think it's illogical at all. I'm not talking about all of the Freys if that's what you thought, I'm talking about the ones that participated in the RW. We don't know for sure if Rhaegar, Symond and Jared took part in the Red Wedding, but I was under the impression that they did, they were recalling events that happened there in White Harbour. They were false events obviously, Robb didn't turn into a wolf, but it's implied that they were there nonetheless. Even if they weren't physically at the RW, the amount of disrespect they showed Manderly by lying about his sons death, and the mockery of Robb's death is enough for me to say that these guys are awful human beings and the world would be better if they weren't around. You may think that the whole eye for an eye concept is illogical, but you can't tell me that those three didn't deserve what came of them.

They deserved to die, everyone agrees. Did they deserve to be eaten?

That's rather the crux of the matter.

Classic protagonist behavior regarding abominable acts like the RW is to mete out justice. Usually there's no pleasure in justice, otherwise its just revenge. Manderly was taking revenge in what he did to the Freys. He answered outrage with outrage. It's the sort of moral greyness that characterizes the series. Everyone is capable of carrying out monstrosities, especially when they feel they deserve to do so.

Yes, they deserved whatever came of them and more imo. I said this in my first post, mutilating someone's corpse is a horrible thing to do, but in this circumstance I personally give Manderly a pass because of the Red Wedding and how they Freys were acting in White Harbour.

I am inclined to think that they were.

They seemed pretty nasty, and perhaps in being such a delicious meal, helped atone for their shininess in life.

Would they have tasted good? What might they have tasted like?

Absofuckinglutely they deserved it, and worse.

Doesn't everything taste like chicken?

I would say that the Freys probably deserved to die and that baking them into pies was well done by Wyman. However, i think that makes him just as bad as the Freys in a way. they did not deserve to be mutilated and consumed but for their role in the RW house Frey should have been destroyed and removed from power

So all the family should die for what their Lord did? Because that is what people is saying. AFAIR, Symond, Rhaegar and Jared took no part in RW. So why they deserved something like this?

It's assumed all of the Freys, with the noted exceptions of Olyvar and Perwyn, were at the Twins and therefore complicit in the Red Wedding.

It's assumed all of the Freys, with the noted exceptions of Olyvar and Perwyn, were at the Twins and therefore complicit in the Red Wedding.

So all Freys and Frey's kin (except Olyvar, Perwyn and Alesander) who were at theTwins should be killed? Sure makes sense.

yes they were the only ones not there so therefore they should be sparred but the rest should be executed and then given proper burial.

So everyone; women, children, teens. Everyone. People who most likely have no choice or saying to what happened they should all die. I just love it!

if they locked the doors or fired a crossbow or did anything to facilitate the RW taking place are guilty of crimes punishable by death. an individual always has a choice to do what is morally correct or face the consequences. they thought the consequences of not obeying Walder were worse than the act that they were going to perform so they all made the choice to participate

Anyone who had direct knowledge of the plan and failed to act to stop it or help the victims: dead if they are 13 or older.

Anyone who had direct knowledge of the plan younger than 13: sent to an order/no marriages. no more Freys after this generation.

if they locked the doors or fired a crossbow or did anything to facilitate the RW taking place are guilty of crimes punishable by death. an individual always has a choice to do what is morally correct or face the consequences. they thought the consequences of not obeying Walder were worse than the act that they were going to perform so they all made the choice to participate

Anyone who had direct knowledge of the plan and failed to act to stop it or help the victims: dead if they are 13 or older.

According to wikia Walder, Lothar, Merrett, Petyr, Danwell, Ryman, Black Walder, Hosteen, Whalen, Raymund, Walder Rivers,Tytos, Benfrey and Roslin were present at the RW. They could be guilty. Even tho I believe only the "architects" and not the pawns are guilty.

Anyone who had direct knowledge of the plan younger than 13: sent to an order/no marriages. no more Freys after this generation.

So destroy the lives of children because of what their parents have done?

According to wikia Walder, Lothar, Merrett, Petyr, Danwell, Ryman, Black Walder, Hosteen, Whalen, Raymund, Walder Rivers,Tytos, Benfrey and Roslin were present at the RW. They could be guilty. Even tho I believe only the "architects" and not the pawns are guilty.

So destroy the lives of children because of what their parents have done?

Life is hard. Though I'm not sure why being a silent sister or the male equivalent is destroying the lives of the children. It's better than being dead, a lot better. No more House Frey, no more twins, no more heirs. Sometimes the innocent pay the price for the guilty....more reason for people not to act like barbarians and put their entire House at risk by breaking guest right. Tough luck. All bad things that happen to Freys as a result of the RW are on Walder Frey.

That would include Rosylin Tully.

Archived