What do you NOT want to happen in the next few books?

Roose Trollton.

Damn. Unless the WWs win someone has to sit in the Iron Throne, and I don't want to see either Daenerys or Stannis die [ idc if Aegon dies. He seems pretty cool but not a fav of mine ]

I don't wanna see anyone on the IT in the end... would be more interesting if there was a complete reform, and Westeros in the end was run by a council with members from each kingdom (with semi-autonomy).

I don't wanna see anyone on the IT in the end... would be more interesting if there was a complete reform, and Westeros in the end was run by a council with members from each kingdom (with semi-autonomy).

^^

I like this!

I don't want jon to be fully dead but I'd rather him be dead then coming back as an other which is ridiculous people who say that I feel like his story has to be concluded more. so yeah and also can anyone tell me why a lot of people care so much about shireen tommen myrcella etc I could not care about them as well as the tyrells and like all of dorne

Mercy was the answer to my prayers. I have never been so excited by a released chapter. THAT is what I was waiting for. More evidence that she is never totally going to succumb to that FM crap. It showed trouble in paradise, and that the LIST wins over any FM rules. She is so blowing out of there soon…with Needle in tow.

My day was already made.

I agree that Mercy was really amazing and with what you said...but this is a thread about what you don't want to happen :p

For my answer

Arya dying (please don't let it happen)

The Starks fighting each other

Dany and Jon becoming romantically involved

A Iron Throne at the end of the series

Dany becoming queen of the 7 kingdoms

Jon choosing his targaryen side over his stark side.

Since the IT has come up, I don't want to not see it melted into a slag pile by a dragon or other suitable heat source, and I don't want to not see that accompanied or closely followed by a development of something along the lines of the Magna Carta, to get Westeros started moving in the direction of stuff like due process and the common folk having some rights that the nobles cannot ignore or ride roughshod over.

I don't want to see all of the Seven Kingdoms breaking up to form their own countries. That would just lead to unnecessary fighting between them (like how the Seven Kingdoms were before Aegon's Conquest). But I wouldn't mind as much if they just divided into North and South.

Jon will almost certainly resurrect, whether as AA or not I can't say...

What I don't want to happen is Littlefinger dying, especially by some weakling like Sansa. I think his evil machinations and keen intellect are a irreplaceable in the series. I think it would be too cliche if all the (semi-) villains died, and lets face it, good ole Littlefinger ought to outwit death!

Seeing Tyrion die. I hope that his end will be like he said he'd like to die.

Stannis sitting the IT.

Yes, losing Tyrion would be the saddest moment in the books for me.

To be honest though, I'am kind of resigned to it, but I 'll be able to deal if:

a) his death is heroic

b)it is recognized by other important characters(Jon and/or Dany) and

c) it doesn't happen anytime before the last 30 pages of the series

In the end, I think GRRM is going to take good care of the little guy :D

Bran waking up and this all being a dream

I don't think that would be a disaster... I can see it now. Bran wakes up from his coma after a year or two since having been pushed from the tower and his whole family is alive and well living in Winterfell, cause Eddard had refused to become the Hand of the King citing the need to stay in Winterfell with Bran. Nobody ever found out who tried to kill him. Renly/Tywin became The Hand instead and Robert is still alive. Littlefinger was executed by Robert for treason after his role in the murder of Lord Arryn was found out. Prince Joffrey was sent to be a ward of Stannis (LOL) after mutilating a whore Robert bought for him for his nameday. The Targaryens were never able to find any allies overseas after the horselord refused to marry Daenerys so she married Viserys instead as they have done for ages. Jon was legitimized as Stark. The realm is at peace.

I don't see Tyrion going anywhere. Here's why....

- He is the first character GRRM dreamt up in the series, dating all the way back to the early 1980's.

- It's well documented that Tyrion is his favorite character.

- GRRM is empathetic towards disabled and physically challenged individuals. (Hence why he writes characters like Tyrion, Bran, Hodor, Samwell, Davos etc having prominent and important roles, doing things that break the stereotypes placed on them).

What I DON'T want to see is The Others to be some negative, evil presence hell-bent on killing everyone. GRRM writes all his characters with many layers, often making them "Gray" then "good or evil". I would be very disappointed if The Others end up being shallow, evil creatures with no back story.

I don't see Tyrion going anywhere. Here's why....

- He is the first character GRRM dreamt up in the series, dating all the way back to the early 1980's.

- It's well documented that Tyrion is his favorite character.

- GRRM is empathetic towards disabled and physically challenged individuals. (Hence why he writes characters like Tyrion, Bran, Hodor, Samwell, Davos etc having prominent and important roles, doing things that break the stereotypes placed on them).

What I DON'T want to see is The Others to be some negative, evil presence hell-bent on killing everyone. GRRM writes all his characters with many layers, often making them "Gray" then "good or evil". I would be very disappointed if The Others end up being shallow, evil creatures with no back story.

I agree! Like their invasion is simply 'just cause'. And if we don't learn anything more about them! Would absolutely do my head in. :bang:

Archived