Acrophilia #3: Results

a free shadow

Hell!! Shadow told me the clue was right there if I just looked, and when she first started the game I wondered if she'd try something new - specifically including having something spelled out by the first letters - but I'd decided after the first round she was going with pretty traditional clues so I DIDN"T EVEN LOOK.

Granted I am travelling and not able to give it the same obsessive attention as usual.

but I'd decided after the first round she was going with pretty traditional clues

I had very different ideas, but I have ruled against myself so many times that I almost wonder now why I am a host at all :laugh: Although I still tried to do some things. A couple of clues in the first round relied on logic -- it was not absolutely needed, but helpful in figuring out why Brienne and Oberyn were on the list. The second round was more of a puzzle, rather than remembering facts, too. And the third one is also arguably a little different from the usual ones, I think :ninja: I definitely do not say that nobody else would have thought of those things, I just wanted to add them to the game as soon as possible. I also have many things that I have not used, so if anyone will need an evil co-host, they can come :ninja:

9. "Winter's," gentleman talked musingly, "coming."

Answer – Eddard Stark

Author – a shadow

I got this one correct, but it was a total guess. If musingly is supposed to indicated Ned, I didn't see it.

I tried to do the easiest clue I could think of. Eddard Stark is the first gentleman of ASoIaF -- both for what matters (his honour) and also technically, for being a highborn. "Winter is coming" is his House words, so I thought it might be enough to think of him right away. Letter 'm' was an unnecessary letter, but he always added "Winter is coming" after some grave observation, so I thought 'musingly' just might fit.

Leaving here after a bit for Thanksgiving. I may or may not have much internet access other than my phone (and my data is GONE! (resets on Saturday.))

I am saying all this to let the Boss and the rabble know that I may not have my entries entered much more than they are.

:'(

It seems there will be an uncertain extension. Uncertain because it is not very easily defined.

Hopefully it will end soon, when all the late people turn everything in as soon as they can. It might also end quite soon, if my schedule changes. Under no circumstances will the deadline extend for over 24 hours, counting from the initial deadline.

If you have sent me everything already, but decide to change some things, you must notify me separately and not edit the old lists, because I have counted everything up.

At least one person has correctly guessed the theme :ninja:

THIRD RESULT

1. Fantastic wife outliver. False, prickly, aged, belated.
Answer – Walder Frey

Author – Ser Not Appearing

Author Points: 8 (all the guesses were correct)
Guessing points: 39
Theme: 0
Favorite clue points: 0
TOTAL: 47

First winged overlord fought pedestrian Andals, brutally.
Answer – Aegon the Conquerer
Author – shadow

All the guesses made were correct.

"Farewell, wife!" *opens fully, pushes* "Aaaaaahhhhhhhh!" "Bwahahahaha!"
Answer – Petyr Baelish
Author – Emmit

Guessing points: 24 (not all the guesses were made)
Favorite clue points: 0 (4 favorite clue votes + 2 bonus points, disregarded for not turning in own vote)
TOTAL: 32

Donned notoriously broken rubies - known fallen.
Answer – Rhaegar Targaryen
Author – Reek Havoc

Author Points: 7
(other guess was for Brienne of Tarth)
Guessing points: 0 (no guesses were made)
TOTAL: 7

Funeral was outdoors -- floating peacefully atop boat.
Answer – Hoster Tully
Author – shadow

Feebleness' woeful outcome - famous precipitation avengement ballad.
Answer – Tytos Lannister
Author – Woofless

Author Points: 8 (other guess was for Edmure Tully)
Guessing points: 33
Favorite clue points: 2
TOTAL: 43

Father, wealthy; odours faulty, privy accursedly boltless.
Answer – Tywin Lannister
Author – shadow

Faked wifely obligations. Fooled partner about brood.
Answer – Cersei Lannister
Author – Fragile Bird

Author Points:
8 (all the guesses were correct)
Favorite clue points: 1
TOTAL: 48

Despite nomination, butchered rabid king, forswearing.
Answer – Jaime Lannister
Author – yomi

TOTAL: 47

Dying nag. Beleagured refugee.Knowingly fled.
Answer – Alys Karstark
Author – redriver

Author Points: 7 (other guesses were for Jorah Mormont and Osha)
Theme: 4
TOTAL: 50

Dude nabbed. Brotherhood refereed. "Killed" Firebearer.
Answer – Sandor Clegane
Author – Q the Cat

Author Points: 8 (other guess was for Rattleshirt
)

Guessing points: 9 (only the preliminary guesses were made)
TOTAL: 17

Failed weaning. Obsessions: flying people, and breast.
Answer – Robert Arryn
Author – Castellan

Author Points: 7 (other guess was for Tyrion Lannister)
Favorite clue points: 2

TOTAL: 48

Following wife of fat Pentoshi. A bedwarmer.
Answer – Serra
Author – Dolorous Gabe

Author Points: 7 (other guess was for Illyrio Mopatis)
TOTAL: 46

Dead Northerner. Bald, rambunctious knight. Hefty.
Answer – Wendel Manderly
Author – lil' ghost

Author Points: 7 (other guess was for Smalljon Umber)
Guessing points: 30

TOTAL: 37

THEME – Have namesakes in the Frey family.

redriver made the rivers run red by slaying the Freys the theme for the first and only time in the game.

THE RANKING OF THE THIRD ROUND

1. redriver 50

2-3. Castellan 48

2-3. Fragile Bird 48

4-5. Ser Not Appearing 47

4-5. yomi 47

6. Dolorous Gabe 46

7. Woofless 43

8. lil' ghost 37

9. Emmit 32

10. Q the Cat 17

11. Reek Havoc 7

12. Leave it to your goat N/A

13. northernwarg N/A

14. Visenya Stark N/A

FINAL STANDINGS

â™› Castellan 93+48 = 141

2. Dolorous Gabe 90+46 = 136

3. yomi 84+47 = 131

4. redriver 76+50 = 126

5. Woofless 78+43 = 121

6. Fragile Bird 69+48 = 117

7-8. Emmit 68+32 = 100

7-8. Ser Not Appearing 53+47 = 100

9. Q the Cat 69+17 = 86

10. lil' ghost 48+37 = 85

11. Reek Havoc 42+7 = 49

12. Leave it to your goat 37

13. Visenya Stark 31

14. northernwarg 11

Castellan increased her lead in the last round and won the crown and the kingdoms :ninja: Her win of the game was guaranteed in part by more correct guesses in the second round, and in part by the favorite clue votes throughout. Dolorous Gabe held on to the second place, although he was well challenged by yomi. The first five end with Woofless and redriver, who switched places once again.

redriver is the only one in this game to notice the theme and he did so with his first guess of the third round, in the preliminaries, while Woofless got most favorite clue votes of the game, nine total.

The PtwP (prizes that were promised), for the winner:

Jon Snow: Well done.

Tywin Lannister: Now throw the rest of them in it :ninja:

Thank you for playing :ninja: I hope you liked it a little. Good luck :ninja:

Congratulations Castellan, well done! :bowdown:

Also very well done to redriver for working out the theme. :bowdown:

Finally, thank you very much to shadow for a fascinating game. :bowdown:

Ditto.

Have to say I'm an idiot! Got one pre wrong and it never occurred to me it was the failed breast feeding acro. How stupid is that! That I never even thought of SR? Geesh my mind was on Tyrion losing his mother, his fascination with dragons and boobs. :lmao:

It ended up with me changing Serra to Illyrio! Nuts! Thinking it was maybe a different POV of the clue.

Thank you - the two of you - who gave me fav votes. Emmit got mine. :)

Congrats to redriver getting the theme. That was a great theme, Shadow. Thanks for favourite clue votes, those who gave me one.

A very interesting game. And even though they themes were hard, I actually hardly ever get them anyway.

Congrats to redriver getting the theme. That was a great theme, Shadow. Thanks for favourite clue votes, those who gave me one.

A very interesting game. And even though they themes were hard, I actually hardly ever get them anyway.

Thanks Castellan,very consistent play throughout and you deserve the win! :cheers:

Great hosting Shadow and I'm delighted to have guessed one of your themes.I thank Davos and his great line,- "Ser Rhaegar Frey,I name you liar."

See y'all in Acrophilia 4.

See y'all in Acrophilia 4.

I guess that's my keyword :D

Should any of you just have forgotten to sign up till now or missed the sign-up thread for acroPHILIA 4 instead of having decided not to play (I'm mainly looking at you, Fragile Bird. You've gotten a point more than I did this round, so you seem an active player and I'd like to have you in my game.), please follow the link and sign up. I won't start the game tonight nor tomorrow. Apart from that it's not yet decided when we start. I will be away for a short trip from the 5th to the 8th of december. My proposal would be to hand out the first round characters on thursday the 4th december, be avaiable for advice and feedback on your clues on the 9th december and set the deadline for handing in your clues sometime during the 10th or maybe better the 11th december (depending on how much feedback you want).

I could also start earlier (e.g. 1st december), or only after I returned from my trip (i.e. hand out the characters on the 9th december).

Please tell me, which way you would prefer.

edit: Btw, it's "Jared of House Frey, I name you liar."

Archived