Season 5 Casting, News and Speculation V 6 [show spoilers]

Seneti

- I think Stannis won't die in the battle; I, for one, believe he has still some more (at least a bit) story to tell.

- I guess, at least one Bolton and one Greyjoy will/might die.

That's been my thought too, and Theon and Ramsay makes sense to me, but GRRM is certainly willing to wipe out swathes of people at once.

Dying at Winterfell would be a crummy end for Stannis. Seems like he should die saving the realm rather than as part of a regional power struggle, where even the side that he's fighting for doesn't particularly like him.

I think the story is going to start focusing on the "BIG" evil soon...the Others. Once they make a real appearance, worrying about people like Ramsay will seem trivial.

That's a mystery in the novels, after the 5th book the limited amount of evidence is the Others are gonna be antagonist numero uno even pulling Essos into the conflict.

However GRRM has left that part of the story un-elaborated.

I think the story is going to start focusing on the "BIG" evil soon...the Others. Once they make a real appearance, worrying about people like Ramsay will seem trivial.

Any guesses for how the show will do that this season? Last season they had the Darth Maul lookalike giving us a cute little Baby Other. I assume the main reason they did that was to keep the threat present (unlike in a certain book series I could name). They'll probably do something similar this year - Hardhome, perhaps? Or speed up whatever their plan is? I consider the latter unlikely, seeing as how the Others' big move probably has to come after Jon's assassination.

Any guesses for how the show will do that this season? Last season they had the Darth Maul lookalike giving us a cute little Baby Other. I assume the main reason they did that was to keep the threat present (unlike in a certain book series I could name). They'll probably do something similar this year - Hardhome, perhaps? Or speed up whatever their plan is? I consider the latter unlikely, seeing as how the Others' big move probably has to come after Jon's assassination.

No clue. But the big takeaway is that the can do it. I hope they do, because I think the books are seriously lacking when it comes to making them a tangible threat.

Anyway, I'll leave off now. No reason to turn this into a Dany thread.

Great idea. Thank you.

Sadly... not much news here. (They are filming brothel scenes? You don't say...)

Jerome Flynn is heading to Belfast to film his last scenes.

Thanks for the info. Putting this into the OP.

Has this been posted here (I mean the info): http://watchersonthewall.com/teaser-trailer-telltales-game-thrones/

Hm... does this article actually include any info about season 5?

---

Anyways, please everybody let's stay civil and on topic. Thank you.

Updating the OP now. As always, look to the stars.

Hm... does this article actually include any info about season 5?

thought maybe it was related because Lena Heady, Natalie Dormer, Peter Dinklage, and Iwan Rheon have voice their characters for the first episode, but on second thought maybe it's not related to season 5 at all.

The first episode takes place well before the Red Wedding, so not really. As the TT games draw closer to episode six - which will take place around the end of S4, it will might hint at plots the TV show will cover, such as the oft mentioned Deepwood Motte. But that conclusion has two faces. They might do DM in the game to tie in with the coming of S5 in the show, or they might do it because the show is avoiding it, and it has a rich book background to work with in regards to sidestory crafting.

If Telltale's release schedule works as it usually does, the game would still be releasing episodes during season 5. I don't think it will tie in with season 5 until we've already seen some of it.

It could possibly hint at something in season 5 in the episodes before then, though.

It could possibly hint at something in season 5 in the episodes before then, though.

Maybe. Telltale has become notorious for having great games, but trouble hitting estimated deadlines though. It will likely only have two or three episodes out by then, so it could have hints relating to whatever Ramsey's role will be but Tyrion will likely still be in King's Landing at that time so there's not much to give away.

Maybe. Telltale has become notorious for having great games, but trouble hitting estimated deadlines though. It will likely only have two or three episodes out by then, so it could have hints relating to whatever Ramsey's role will be but Tyrion will likely still be in King's Landing at that time so there's not much to give away.

Oh, I'm not counting on it or anything. I just mentioned it as a slight (if remote) possibility.

That's been my thought too, and Theon and Ramsay makes sense to me, but GRRM is certainly willing to wipe out swathes of people at once.

Dying at Winterfell would be a crummy end for Stannis. Seems like he should die saving the realm rather than as part of a regional power struggle, where even the side that he's fighting for doesn't particularly like him.

GRRM has surprised use before and i wouldent be surprised if Stannis actually dies. But of course he deserves better.

Stannis is not going to die just yet. There is too much in place to set up some kind on interaction with the Iron Islanders resistant to Euron, which would all be pointless if he died just now:

1. Patchface and Davos, two drowned men with his party.

2. Asha and Theon now his prisoners. At least one will survive events at Winterfell (my hope is Asha because unlike Theon she does not want to die). I won't completely rule out both surviving but things don't look great on that front.

3. Tristifer ransomed by Tycho. Why? Anyone else bet he heads back to the II, tells them Theon is (for now) alive so Kingsmoot is invalid, and reconnects with Damphair's activities?

4. Talk of men under the sea by Patchface combined with strangely related sightings by peasants and wildlings around Eastwatch. Then there is the fact that it was an Iron Islander who led the doomed excursion to Hardhome.

Stannis is not going to die just yet. There is too much in place to set up some kind on interaction with the Iron Islanders resistant to Euron, which would all be pointless if he died just now:

1. Patchface and Davos, two drowned men with his party.

2. Asha and Theon now his prisoners. At least one will survive events at Winterfell (my hope is Asha because unlike Theon she does not want to die). I won't completely rule out both surviving but things don't look great on that front.

3. Tristifer ransomed by Tycho. Why? Anyone else bet he heads back to the II, tells them Theon is (for now) alive so Kingsmoot is invalid, and reconnects with Damphair's activities?

4. Talk of men under the sea by Patchface combined with strangely related sightings by peasants and wildlings around Eastwatch. Then there is the fact that it was an Iron Islander who led the doomed excursion to Hardhome.

I think Theon will be executed in front of the weirwood on Winterfell and Bran will use this to do something.

Archived