Season 5 Casting, News and Speculation V 6 [show spoilers]

Seneti

It's still possible to be out before Season 6, given that GRRM usually defines two groups of writing - what he has finished-finished, and what he is written that isn't finalized. It's possible half of the book he's talking about is totally done, and he's being conservative with his most recent estimation of completion in a long time, but I wouldn't hold out that much hope.

This is really true!

I think George has satisfied his wish to Sprawl.

I would be appalled if there are new major characters and new lands to elaborate, he's got enough already! The arcs he has right now, and I have lost count, are enough to converge on the end.

More and it's beyond 7 books.

I believe they showed some new clips in a season 3 wrap up video or something like that.

HBO shows a few clips near the end of December showing what is on in the coming year. This is not put up on HBO's youtube list as far as I know. You usually see someone post that they saw it, and it takes a while until someone can record it and put it up because it comes up unexpectedly between shows. I know last year that we saw quick clips of the Meereen champion riding toward Daario and Sansa smiling (she was looking at the snow). There was some more, but I don't remember them. I expect we will get the same this year.

HBO shows a few clips near the end of December showing what is on in the coming year. This is not put up on HBO's youtube list as far as I know. You usually see someone post that they saw it, and it takes a while until someone can record it and put it up because it comes up unexpectedly between shows. I know last year that we saw quick clips of the Meereen champion riding toward Daario and Sansa smiling (she was looking at the snow). There was some more, but I don't remember them. I expect we will get the same this year.

Thanks for these information :cheers:

Hopefully!

Not relevant but i am asking here. Who do you think dies during the battle of Winterfell? Stannis , Roose , Ramsay , Reek or Asha?

^

Damn you, GRRM, for putting so many favourites of mine together at the same place! :bawl:

- I think Stannis won't die in the battle; I, for one, believe he has still some more (at least a bit) story to tell.

- I guess, at least one Bolton and one Greyjoy will/might die.

Thinking logically (without considering George's twists), one would say it's Theon and Ramsay. Everybody up there North wants to see Theon dead, even he himself thinks death would mean an ending of the pain, and death doesn't frighten him anymore... Which all makes me think GRRM might let him live longer. Asha on the other hand is in a way better condition, she's useful to Stannis, she could really change things at her home (and knows now the story of Torgon "The Latecomer" Greyiron, mhm...) and may end up as ruler of the Iron Island... but who knows :/

- Ramsay is dumb, brutal and impulsive, so one would assume he's going to die now, after his Reek escaped with his bride, all those angry Northmen in Winterfell, Stannis' plans,... However Roose, always discrete, sly, smart, calculating, will have some aces up his sleeves, he knows he can't trust the other Northmen, but maybe something will backfire and the Boltons will drive themselves into their own ruin... I could actually very well imagine Roose getting away with everything and is able to flee, but there may be more, mhm...

- And who really knows what will happen (I don't take any GNC-stuff as fact or canon), there are thousands of revengeful Northmen, treachery and betrayals and unknown loyalties everywhere, winter has come, the Others are coming, aso.

Is there going to be a slaughter? Historical Battle of Ice? Something with the crypts? What will be Wyman's, Barbrey's and the Karstarks' roles? When are Davos&Co. going to show up? What's with Mance? The Pink Letter? There are so many unknown variables...

To cut a long story short: I have no clue =(*

(And I usually don't try to think about it, it makes me nervous :( )

* But I think at least my wishful-thinking of a dead Ramsay will become true.

This,

But to take this a little further, Dany has been saying since the end of AGOT "if I look back I am lost" which in many ways was a coping mechanism. Her journey up to ADWD was basically powered by her forward momentum but that could no longer guide her journey and thus we see many of her struggles through ruling in Meereen.

However, if you notice Dany last words in ADWD are not fire and blood, she says to herself "to go forward, I must go back". These words to me are of reflection and acknowledgement or looking back to see what went wrong. Metaphorically speaking throughout her walk in the Dothraki sea she is constantly looking back at Dragonstone 2.0. Her time in Slaver's Bay is about growing up and growing strong, it's about fighting for what you believe is right, she stopped fighting in ADWD and it was to the detriment of herself and the freemen and slaves. Which is ironic because she had stopped fighting believing that would help them.

TWOIAF Spoiler:

We learn in TWOIAF that Egg was also trying to change Westeros society by empowering the smallfolk, however, his initiatives where constantly met with opposition and he had to acquiesce over and over again. He did not have dragons and could not make his reforms stick. This is actually a very good parallel to Dany, however, she unlike him does have dragons.

Back to the show, I hope that they are able to show this struggle within Dany well and I'm really looking forward to the Dothraki sea episode. I want to see Harry Lloyd and perhaps a couple of other guest.

:agree:

Very well said and explained, you both!

Why thanks ! :cheers:

I had to google "MST3K", I fear I'm either too European or too young (Although I find nothing more funny than Monty Python or Mel Brooks) to know it =(

You should watch it sometime. They take bad movies and make fun of them. It's about the only way I can watch any bad movie anymore. MST3K was canceled a long time ago, but they now do it in downloadable form and in movie theaters, called Rifftrax. I recently watched one called "The Sword and the Sorcerer", and there were a ton of GoT jokes XD

MST3K has always thrown out a lot of pop culture references, often times they are very obscure. When I go back and watch some of the older episodes, a lot of them fly right over my head. I love that some of their new Rifftrax movies throw out GOT/ASOIAF references.

MST3K has always thrown out a lot of pop culture references, often times they are very obscure. When I go back and watch some of the older episodes, a lot of them fly right over my head. I love that some of their new Rifftrax movies throw out GOT/ASOIAF references.

One of my favorites was "I thought fantasy writers had to have double initials for their middle name"

^

Damn you, GRRM, for putting so many favourites of mine together at the same place! :bawl:

- I think Stannis won't die in the battle; I, for one, believe he has still some more (at least a bit) story to tell.

- I guess, at least one Bolton and one Greyjoy will/might die.

Thinking logically (without considering George's twists), one would say it's Theon and Ramsay. Everybody up there North wants to see Theon dead, even he himself thinks death would mean an ending of the pain, and death doesn't frighten him anymore... Which all makes me think GRRM might let him live longer. Asha on the other hand is in a way better condition, she's useful to Stannis, she could really change things at her home (and knows now the story of Torgon "The Latecomer" Greyiron, mhm...) and may end up as ruler of the Iron Island... but who knows :/

- Ramsay is dumb, brutal and impulsive, so one would assume he's going to die now, after his Reek escaped with his bride, all those angry Northmen in Winterfell, Stannis' plans,... However Roose, always discrete, sly, smart, calculating, will have some aces up his sleeves, he knows he can't trust the other Northmen, but maybe something will backfire and the Boltons will drive themselves into their own ruin... I could actually very well imagine Roose getting away with everything and is able to flee, but there may be more, mhm...

- And who really knows what will happen (I don't take any GNC-stuff as fact or canon), there are thousands of revengeful Northmen, treachery and betrayals and unknown loyalties everywhere, winter has come, the Others are coming, aso.

Is there going to be a slaughter? Historical Battle of Ice? Something with the crypts? What will be Wyman's, Barbrey's and the Karstarks' roles? When are Davos&Co. going to show up? What's with Mance? The Pink Letter? There are so many unknown variables...

To cut a long story short: I have no clue =(*

(And I usually don't try to think about it, it makes me nervous :( )

* But I think at least my wishful-thinking of a dead Ramsay will become true.

yeah I would not count on a dead Ramsay, I think he will end up killing roose, too much foreshadowing there. I have a feeling roose will rue the day, he sired ramsay.

yeah I would not count on a dead Ramsay, I think he will end up killing roose, too much foreshadowing there. I have a feeling roose will rue the day, he sired ramsay.

Accely i dont hope Ramsay dies . I hate him , but for me he keeps the story interesting like Joffrey did. Things got boring in KL when Joff died. You always wonder what evil thing they wil do next and i think that makes the story better.

Accely i dont hope Ramsay dies . I hate him , but for me he keeps the story interesting like Joffrey did. Things got boring in KL when Joff died. You always wonder what evil thing they wil do next and i think that makes the story better.

I think the story is going to start focusing on the "BIG" evil soon...the Others. Once they make a real appearance, worrying about people like Ramsay will seem trivial.

Archived