Has Craster doomed Westeros?

DeathYon

If Craster is the main reason why the Others came back, that will be extremly bad writing, and I'll probably never read the books again.

Highly unlikely. He'd have to have taken that first son up to the Lands of Always Winter and stood there calling "Here, Other, Other, Other!"

Highly unlikely. He'd have to have taken that first son up to the Lands of Always Winter and stood there calling "Here, Other, Other, Other!"

Lol hahaha

:agree:

It would be just unbelievable bad writing.

Yes. I said it: it that's the reason why the Others came back, I'll never read the books again. Of course, it isn't.

Somewhere between 0.0% and 0.00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001%.

That's going to be a huge number if you think his contribution is less than 0.1 %

The NW is going to have a pretty hard time.

Since no one has read my thread (haha) here is some pivotal others information. Yet to read it myself because of spoilers http://io9.com/george-r-r-martin-reveals-the-worst-fate-that-could-be-1651431666/all

. Admittedly,this play was stupid. We only see some artwork that I wasn't too impressed by. Yup. The page misled me.

No.

That piece from the show is pure BS. Don't even try to base any theories about the books on the show.

Why not?

The show and the books are both heading to the same conclusion, aren't they? They may take different routes, though I have watched the show and read the books and all of the major character plot points translate, so why wouldn't all of the mythological plot points translate also?

Also,

I don't understand how Craster supplementing the Other ranks equates to Craster making them come back?

I don't think they ever went away. I think they have been acting via the Nights King - since the last Long Night - just waiting for the next one.

Since no one has read my thread (haha) here is some pivotal others information. Yet to read it myself because of spoilers http://io9.com/george-r-r-martin-reveals-the-worst-fate-that-could-be-1651431666/all

I haven't seen the artwork - but the write up in that link makes me ask a question about it.

What is so bad about a dark and cold and world, with big spiders, compared to the world we have seen so far in ASoIaF? That dark cold place has no conflict, no destruction, no humans abusing and killing each other over their petty squabbles.

I suggest that the only reason the humans in ASoIaF fear the Long Night is because it is anti human - but humans in ASoIaF are (as a whole) anti Westeros,

I haven't seen the artwork - but the write up in that link makes me ask a question about it.

What is so bad about a dark and cold and world, with big spiders, compared to the world we have seen so far in ASoIaF? That dark cold place has no conflict, no destruction, no humans abusing and killing each other over their petty squabbles.

I suggest that the only reason the humans in ASoIaF fear the Long Night is because it is anti human - but humans in ASoIaF are (as a whole) anti Westeros,

good thinking. Although,depending on whether they are evil or not,the probably wouldn't want to be slaughtered by The Others

Psst: The Others were coming long before Craster began the terms of his agreement.

I get that. I never meant to imply that Craster was the soul reason that the Other's were coming back.

I was just wondering how much of a contribution Craster's sacrifices has made to their cause.

The title was meant to be kind of click baity.

Psh, Craster has saved the north by bolstering Jon's Snow army. After joining the wildlings, getting to know their ways, and bringing them across the wall before getting the shit stabbed out of him; what better next step than to go join the Others after spending some time warging in Ghost while they drag his body back to their seat of power, getting to know their ways, and bringing them back across the wall? Then Jon gets to save Westeros from the dragon conquerors like the coward Torrhen didn't have the balls to do...before having the shit stabbed out of him by literally everyone who could possibly stab him in the back, including Sansa BaelStark orchestrating the betrayal, faceless-Arya doing the dirty work to set it in motion, and Rickon riding a Bran-warged-Shaggydog in at the last moment so that they can both start eating him before his chapter ends.

good thinking. Although,depending on whether they are evil or not,the probably wouldn't want to be slaughtered by The Others

Human's survived the last Long Night.

Perhaps it was the Last Hero, on which Azor Ahai is based, and all the world needs is a new hero to drive them back again and bring the dawn. Perhaps that would also be very much in line with every single fantasy novel everyone has ever written.

Perhaps, just perhaps, Martin has something different in store. Perhaps, just perhaps, the dawn will come, when balance has been restored and the Others will either happily melt in the suns rays, or go back to the Lands of Always winter and wait for human mischief to get out of control again. Perhaps the final trick to pull on all the fans, who have become so interested in the lives of his flawed and feuding characters, that are deliberately written to remind us so much of ourselves, is to let us know that it is us, not them, who are fucking it all up.

Archived