Hey, that sounds familiar!

Feast, Cersei:

"Would that we could do the same to the rest of this foul castle," said Cersei. "After the war I mean to build a new palace beyond the river." She had dreamed of it the night before last, a magnificent white castle surrounded by woods and gardens, long leagues from the stinks and noise of King's Landing. "This city is a cesspit. For half a groat I would move the court to Lannisport and rule the realm from Casterly Rock."

Aerys II:

"offended by “the stink of King’s Landing,” he spoke of building a “white city” entirely of marble on the south bank of the Blackwater Rush."

He actually moved the court there, btw. She's definitely going to burn the whole thing :lol:

What else?

When Aerys II took the throne he declared that he would be the best king Westeros has ever seen. It reminded me of Cersei thinking that after her, Tywin would only be remembered as Queen Cersei Lannister's sire and nothing more.

And cue Jaime killing her ass when she tries! Perhaps she tries to get him to go along? That they burn the city together and die with each other? She has said that her and Jaime are destined to die together as they were born together. Then Jaime kills her, using his golden hand to strangle her.

Feast, Cersei:

"Would that we could do the same to the rest of this foul castle," said Cersei. "After the war I mean to build a new palace beyond the river." She had dreamed of it the night before last, a magnificent white castle surrounded by woods and gardens, long leagues from the stinks and noise of King's Landing. "This city is a cesspit. For half a groat I would move the court to Lannisport and rule the realm from Casterly Rock."

Aerys II:

"offended by “the stink of King’s Landing,” he spoke of building a “white city” entirely of marble on the south bank of the Blackwater Rush."

He actually moved the court there, btw. She's definitely going to burn the whole thing :lol:

What else?

Nice catch :D

Fodder for A+J=C+J. Perhaps her imprisonment by the Faith will be Cersei's "Defiance of Duskendale" moment

So know Cersei commands the Tyrell and Lannister men to destroy the Faith Militiant within Kings Landing and the streets run red. Wicked.

Resulting in the Wyldfyre plot of course. Jaime could take some time to get to the city though.

Just to say that I find this "byname" that seems to have been applied to him quite tone-deaf.

Any suggestions for a better nickname for him, to help keep him apart from all the other Daerons?

For what it's worth, from Barristans quote from Dance (that all the sons of Aegon V married for love), I conclude that Daeron and Jeremy were together as a married couple would be, married in all but name, so to say, which I think is very sweet. And apparently their relationship was openly enough for Barristan, who wouldn't even be part of the KG for almost another 10 years when Daeron and Jeremy died, to have learned about it, which makes it even a sweeter story for Daeron.

It's just that the guy doesn't have an in-universe nickname that can be used, and having read this "fan-made" nickname quite a few times already by now, it came to mind.

Well, when I first used that name I actually went for the double meaning of 'gay', and considering that he lived a happy life with Jeremy there is no reason to assume that he had no reason to be not 'gay' in the older sense.

I don't really see why his sexuality should be seen as a defining trait when we learn that there was, of course, much more to him than just his sexual proclivities, especially proclivities that they have no choice over. Being a soldier, fighting heroically in defense of the realm or one's families, these are things one chooses.

Yeah, the soldierly thing is clearly his defining trait as a person, as far as we know about him as of yet. Daeron the Soldier and Daeron the Knight sound much more boring, though. Perhaps Daeron the True?

By any chance, do you a little bit more about him, that is, how GRRM imagined him as a person. Can we compare him with any of the characters from the main series? Was he ever tempted to join the KG, for instance?

Archived