There are no other dragons on Planetos besides Drogon, Viserion and Rhaegal

Suzanna Stormborn

That's how I interpret it. But each to their own... ;)

It doesn't need to be interpreted you just have to read what it says.

He makes two points:

1) Targaryen are not immune to fire.

2) The birth of Dany's dragons was a miracle.

He's an author and chooses his words carefully. If he wanted to say that Dany not being burnt is the miracle that's what he would have said. But that's not what he said, he said the Birth of the Dragons was a miracle. Therefore, the dragons hatching and her walking through the fire is the same miraculous event.

Quaithe is not omniscient; she has an obsidian candle and can see the present. She may have seen things in the fire as well as a priestess of R'hllor, but she could be wrong, just like Melisandre. :)

Quaithe is a Shadowbinder from Asshai and the Shadow Lands so she would know if there were dragons in the East.

Melisandre is a shadowbinder, the world book says only shadowbinders dare the Shadow. If there was dragons in the Shadow, then she would have know that.

Good old transitive properties, they let you down every time. Mel was enslaved and taken away from Asshai. We have no idea what her life was like before the red god.

Quaithe isn't proof of anything. At this point she could be Dany going schizo.

Except for the fact that Dany's bloodriders saw her in Qarth, before Dany even met her.

Basically this thread is attempting the impossible. UNLESS we are dealing with a known third person omniscient POV (which we aren't) then proving a negative is... impossible. I can't prove God doesn't exist or unicorns or dragons. Some things must be taken on faith or extremely unlikely but prove the absolute non-existance of a thing? Not without omniscient knowledge.

TWOIAF Spoiler:

On its way from the mountains, between towering cliffs so steep and so close that the river is perpetually in shadow, save for a few moments at midday when the sun is at its zenith. In the caves that pockmark the cliffs, demons and dragons and worse make hideous lairs.

This is what we know of Asshai -- from shadowbinders, who are the only ones that will venture up the Ash river. :)

Edit: And curse your hide for making me read ahead in TWOIAF! ;)

Edit 2: Spoiler tag fix. :)

Basically this thread is attempting the impossible. UNLESS we are dealing with a known third person omniscient POV (which we aren't) then proving a negative is... impossible. I can't prove God doesn't exist or unicorns or dragons. Some things must be taken on faith or extremely unlikely but prove the absolute non-existance of a thing? Not without omniscient knowledge.

Exactly. :)

Ok,now I'm gonna do an exact approach in this matter according to our sources.

Based on the books so far,there is no evidence about exisiting ice dragons,stone dragons and water dragons save for legends.

About the usual dragon term,however,yes,there are possibilties they actually exist.so let's go with evidence from the asoiaf triology itself.

1.In the second book,Bran sees a vision of dragons stirring in Asshai.

2.This clue,however,very few of the readers have noticed,but I caught in my first read of affc.

((Dragons in Meereen,Dragons in Qarth,Dragons in Asshai))

The first two obviously refers to Dany's dragons,but the third seemed the strangest to me.Dany never went to Asshai,so whose dragons are they?!

Then,about Mel knowing about them,first Mel wasn't there at the specific time,and the second ,according to twoiaf ,Asshai is the city of shadows,specifically,if you look at the city's portrait,you will understand me better.So in shadows of such a dark city,or even better,the caves around it,their presence shall go unnoticed.Or maybe the city residents themselves try that word of their secrets doesn't come out.But as we all know,the truth will eventually reveal itself.

TWOIAF Spoiler:

This is what we know of Asshai -- from shadowbinders, who are the only ones that will venture up the Ash river. :)

Edit: And curse your hide for making me read ahead in TWOIAF! ;)

The World book is written by a Masster (whose never been East ) and your taking his world over someone like Quaithe who actually lives in the shadow land? Okay.

BTW - you need to put that spoiler under spoiler tags.

Yeah but not being able to disprove something is a bad reason to believe it. Lots of people believe that there are other dragons in the story and there's good reason to believe that's not the case.

GRRM's opinion on what constitutes lying to the reader paired with the numerous textual references to dragons being extinct is sufficient evidence to conclude that Dany's dragons are the only ones that exist.

The World book is written by a Masster (whose never been East ) and your taking his world over someone like Quaithe who actually lives in the shadow land? Okay.

BTW - you need to put that spoiler under spoiler tags.

Of course, I'm from the Citadel! ;)

I couldn't find the spoiler quote tool; if you could advise me I will fix it. :)

There's also the fact that in ACOK, the alchemists' productivity suddenly takes a big surge, and when Tyrion asks about it the head pyromancer asks whether any dragons have been seen lately. He says that wildfire production got harder after the last dragon died.

If dragons were still extant anywhere in the world between the death of Westeros' last dragon and the hatching of Dany's three, what accounts for the alchemists' spells suddenly working better? Since Dany and her dragons are in Qarth when this happens, I don't think distance has anything to do with it.

There's also the fact that in ACOK, the alchemists' productivity suddenly takes a big surge, and when Tyrion asks about it the head pyromancer asks whether any dragons have been seen lately. He says that wildfire production got harder after the last dragon died.

If dragons were still extant anywhere in the world between the death of Westeros' last dragon and the hatching of Dany's three, what accounts for the alchemists' spells suddenly working better? Since Dany and her dragons are in Qarth when this happens, I don't think distance has anything to do with it.

perhaps daenerys dragons could be hatched with magic because something else brought magic back.

that does not mean that as animals, dragons still could breed in other parts of planetos.

Archived