John Wick - It's Theon! [Spoilers]

teemo

I saw this on a whim with friends and had no idea Theon (Alfie Allen) was in it. It was the perfect role for him too - a spoiled brat with a father completely annoyed with him, surrounded by whores and killing innocent things. I just thought it was funny to see the similarities between his role in the movie and Theon. He also played a Russian guy, which I tohught was cool because honestly I think he looks a bit Russian (I'm Russian). He's such a great actor! The movie got a little boring to me after Theon died, but it was a pretty stylish, fun movie for what it was. What did you guys think?

I'm on the fence about seeing this movie. Alfie Allen being it is definitely a positive, but I'm not really a fan of Keanu Reeves.

The trailer made it look like a generic action flick with a pretty basic plot. Would you say that it's worth watching anyway? Maybe it'd be a lot better in the theatres. I'm not trying to say that all movies like this are bad because I'm sure that this is 'good', but it just isn't appealing to me so far.

I'm on the fence about seeing this movie. Alfie Allen being it is definitely a positive, but I'm not really a fan of Keanu Reeves.

The trailer made it look like a generic action flick with a pretty basic plot. Would you say that it's worth watching anyway? Maybe it'd be a lot better in the theatres. I'm not trying to say that all movies like this are bad because I'm sure that this is 'good', but it just isn't appealing to me so far.

I just talked to Keanu. He said he wasn't really a fan of yours either.

He also hates your avatar.

It's a classic well done action flick , mindless (plausibly so) and filled with dry comic relief . The cinematography is top notch with great shots and angles and the soundtrack is nice.

It is what it is , it doesn't try to make you think it's deep or that there's something more to it , it's just a couple of hours of fun that you'll forget rather quickly but won't regret.

I'm Russian too btw :cheers:

That's exactly what it is, but it's very well executed. There's a hint of something deeper, when it makes you wonder why you're rooting for a guy whose body count probably approaches a hundred, but it fades.

That's exactly what it is, but it's very well executed. There's a hint of something deeper, when it makes you wonder why you're rooting for a guy whose body count probably approaches a hundred, but it fades.

Because puppies ! Duh !

Yeah, this isn't a movie that pretends to be or wants to be more then it is. It's just a straight up revenge-action flick that's executed REALLY REALLY well.

Easily the best action movie of the past many years.

I've seen it twice in theatres now. Easily the best straight up action flick, or one of the best, in...10 years. Struggling to find something that works better. It's quick and dirty, has good beats, nice little bits of humor that surprise you, and the action is truly wonderful - its fluid, really fluid, fun, and easy to follow.

And the world building is really cool. Honestly, it would make a great action series on HBO or something.

And honestly, if you don't like Keanu Reeves you sort of suck.

I've seen it twice in theatres now. Easily the best straight up action flick, or one of the best, in...10 years. Struggling to find something that works better. It's quick and dirty, has good beats, nice little bits of humor that surprise you, and the action is truly wonderful - its fluid, really fluid, fun, and easy to follow.

And the world building is really cool. Honestly, it would make a great action series on HBO or something.

And honestly, if you don't like Keanu Reeves you sort of suck.

Hm, Arthmail said everything I was going to say. Definitely a must see if you like action movies. Do not watch if, for example, you saw Crank and then complained about the character development.

I thought it was good for what it was. I'm not really into action flicks usually, but this was very stylish and well done. Like I said, it starts to get a bit repetitive after awhile, but for an action movie it's the best I've seen in a long time. I was so sad about the dog, it almost made me want to leave, lol :P

• 2 weeks later...

This movie is the first time in a long time I'm gonna say is an action movie worth watching in theater. These are the sort of roles Keanu Reeves must play.

Yeah, this isn't a movie that pretends to be or wants to be more then it is. It's just a straight up revenge-action flick that's executed REALLY REALLY well.

Easily the best action movie of the past many years.

I agree. Although The Raid is also a serious contender. I think I prefer JW though. The action was so easy to follow and it had a lot more humour.

Archived