Ranking the Regions of Westeros (Poll) --> Voting Closed

Bustard

* Results Page: http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/121712-poll-results-ranking-the-regions-of-westeros/ *

Rank the following regions from favorite to least favorite: North, Iron Islands, Vale, Riverlands, Westerlands, Stormlands, Crownlands, Reach, and Dorne. Take geography, culture, infrastructure, history, and current leadership into consideration.

#1 = 9 points, #2 = 8 points, and so on. Indicate ties where you see fit; 2-way tie at #1 = 8.5 points. Voting will close after 100 submissions.

My list: (1) Vale (2) Dorne (3) Iron Islands (4) North (5) Stormlands (6) Riverlands (7) Reach (8) Westerlands (9) Crownlands

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Results from Previous Polls:

I'll consider AGOT status quo since the ADWD is too chaotic.

1. The Reach (Nice weather, manpower, money, military, best city, great history, pretty green landscape, shitty leader though)

2. The Vale (Best landscape, good manpower, nice weather, nice leadership, history)

3. The Westerlands (Nice weather, great city, pretty rich, loyal banners, strong leadership)

4. The Riverlands (Manpower, comfy, nice history, is a punching bag but I'll consider peacetime)

5. The North (Great history, bad weather, good leadership, good culture, great geography)

6. Dorne (Great culture, good leadership, terrible weather, good history, deserts aren't nice)

7. Stormlands (Rated M for Macho, poor, bad weather, leadership [who managed stuff while Renly was in KL?] is ok)

8. Crownlands (Stinky city, bad leadership, rest is meh)

9. Iron Islands (History is nice and naval culture is nice, rest not so much)

The North - my favorite houses are up there, Starks and Boltons, contending for generations, an emnity that I hope some day will be detailed and focused appropriately, although I am grateful for the info contained in TWoIaF. The Reeds are super cool too, would like to see the swamps from the Neck as a setting. There is also of course the proximity to the Lands of Always Winter and the threat of the Others.

The Riverlands - Tullys, Blackwoods and Harrenhal. Most of the action happens there.

The Vale - I wished the battles in the North were as detailed as in the Vale chapter in TWoIaF. The Eyrie is beautiful, the land is great and the Royces are pretty cool.

The Iron Islands - bunch of assholes but it grasps my attention and Theon is from there.

Dorne - although contrary to popular opinion I think it's a terrible place to live with a fair share of houses with sinister reputations. That is what is entertaining though.

The Stormlands

The Crownlands

The Westernlands

The Reach

Archived