Metal Thread Vol. VIII -- The Angry Red Planet

Xray the Enforcer

It will have to wait until I am not drunk (cannae focus on lists). Sadly, the show is Jan 31, so outside your visit time. But if you are in town, drop me a line. we'll find some Proper shenanigans.

Oh no doubt, it's all good.

And hell, isn't Artificial Brain playing Deathfest anyway? But yeah, just need to double check at work, but it's seems more probably now... And I wouldn't dream of visiting with out saying hi and/or shenanigans, of course.

Not really familiar with Horrendous, but I'm checking out a track on bandcamp now. This is some hot shit. Where have you been all my life?

Oh no doubt, it's all good.

And hell, isn't Artificial Brain playing Deathfest anyway? But yeah, just need to double check at work, but it's seems more probably now... And I wouldn't dream of visiting with out saying hi and/or shenanigans, of course.

Not really familiar with Horrendous, but I'm checking out a track on bandcamp now. This is some hot shit. Where have you been all my life?

horrendous is anything but.

I think all of their stuff was put out by Dark Descent records. So, might want to check DDR's site.

Or try Metal Detektor, which searches a bunch of distros simultaneously

http://themetaldetektor.com/

Their demo -- Sweet Blasphemies -- is straight-up Sunlight Studio worship. The first full-length -- the Chills -- has the band branching out, but still solidly in cavern-core mode. The second LP -- Ecdysis -- is definitely showing their experimental side.

Yeah I really like what I've heard so far.

I looked it up at work and apparently we carry it.... But the only copy is up in like Manchester goddamn New Hampshire. I might see if the buyer will transfer/order another...

But either way, that metaldetekor is the shit! Never heard of it before, thanks!

It takes me a long time t really digest music. So, I don't listen to new music all that much.

I haven't heard the two latest Blind Guardian albums. NiME is one my favorites and IFtOS also holds a special place in my heart. I even liked ANatO.

I've heard ATitM is kind of boring and know nothing about the latest album.

What do fans on this board think about their two latest releases?

It takes me a long time t really digest music. So, I don't listen to new music all that much.

I haven't heard the two latest Blind Guardian albums. NiME is one my favorites and IFtOS also holds a special place in my heart. I even liked ANatO.

I wasn't a fan of A Twist in the Myth. It's not terrible, just not particularly compelling (and certainly no Nightfall..).

At the Edge of Time on the other hand is a tour de force, easily my 2nd favorite album of theirs and a top 10 power metal album of all time for me. Like Nightfall, it hooked me from the start and I never tire of listening to it.

A twist in the myth is not bad, but it's not great song-wise. Plus it has awful, awful production. Not raw or unpolished, it just sounds like shit. I find it physically painful to actually listen to it.

At the edge of time is great though. I'd rank it right up there with tgeir best albums, personally.

• 3 weeks later...

AtEoT was quite great. ATitM has some nice songs but like already mentioned the production quality was subpar.

I still did not find the time to give BtrM a complete listening. Judged on the first 4 songs it is quite complex. Production quality is again not very great. However I am a fan for more than 20 years and will always be.

If you are searching for similar style Power Metal compareable to what they did in the past you should check out the latest albums by Persuader, Orden Ogan and maybe Winterstorm.

Another great release is the debut by Serious Black (As daylight breaks).

new melechesh march 15th.

here is one of the songs off the album

and here is another featuring max cavalera on vocals.

both songs are solid. i cannot wait to hear this album its entirety and see melechesh again.

I've never listened to them, the only Middle-eastern bands I know are Acrassicauda and Orphaned Land...

which album should I start with?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived