What's for Dinner #5

TerraPrime

Huh, tried to PM you, didn't seem to work...

8oz shrimp

6oz fresh linguini

3-4 oz butter

6-8 oz kale, spinach or other flavorful greens, roughly chopped

1 lemon (zest outer skin with zester or vegetable peeler & chop fine, juice lemon)

3+ cloves garlic, sliced thin

Olive oil, salt, plenty of fresh ground pepper (2-3 tablespoons), maybe red pepper flakes

Boil a pot of water

Hear 3 tablespoons oil on medium. Sautée garlic 1-2 minutes until lightly golden. Remove garlic and set aside, leave oil.

Toss greens into pan of garlic oil, 1-3 minutes until slightly wilted, add red pepper flakes to taste. Add shrimp, stir until cooked through (3-5 minutes?)

Add pasta to boiling water, cook until al dente, save 1/4-1/2 cup of hot water.

Add pasta to shrimp & greens, toss, add butter, lemon zest and juice, a little of the hot pasta water, pepper, and salt to taste. Cook 2-4 minutes until combined, add water if necessary. Remove, plate, top with garlic chips.

Feel free to add Parmesan cheese, capers, what have you.

Ground Chicken Sloppy Joes

2 teaspoons olive or canola oil
1 pound Ground Chicken
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped green or red bell pepper
2 cloves garlic; finely chopped
1-1/4 cups fire-roasted crushed tomatoes or tomato sauce
1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
6 whole-wheat Kaiser or onion rolls, split and toasted

https://www.goldnplump.com/recipes/ground-chicken-sloppy-joes

I throw everything in a crock pot for 8 hours on the "Keep Warm" setting. A half hour before dinner I will turn it to low. It is great on potato rolls too. Great for a busy day (cleaning all day :thumbsdown: ).

Huh, tried to PM you, didn't seem to work...

8oz shrimp

6oz fresh linguini

3-4 oz butter

6-8 oz kale, spinach or other flavorful greens, roughly chopped

1 lemon (zest outer skin with zester or vegetable peeler & chop fine, juice lemon)

3+ cloves garlic, sliced thin

Olive oil, salt, plenty of fresh ground pepper (2-3 tablespoons), maybe red pepper flakes

Boil a pot of water

Hear 3 tablespoons oil on medium. Sautée garlic 1-2 minutes until lightly golden. Remove garlic and set aside, leave oil.

Toss greens into pan of garlic oil, 1-3 minutes until slightly wilted, add red pepper flakes to taste. Add shrimp, stir until cooked through (3-5 minutes?)

Add pasta to boiling water, cook until al dente, save 1/4-1/2 cup of hot water.

Add pasta to shrimp & greens, toss, add butter, lemon zest and juice, a little of the hot pasta water, pepper, and salt to taste. Cook 2-4 minutes until combined, add water if necessary. Remove, plate, top with garlic chips.

Feel free to add Parmesan cheese, capers, what have you.

lovely and easy! Thank you! PM bank was my problem. I had no idea I had reached a "full". I have some dinosaur conversations I am going to save forever, but dictionary can probably go. I want to put the capers in with the greens. I'll cook it your way first.

Made Huevos Rancheros for brunch the other day. It was my first attempt and first time I have eaten them, they were awesome. Used some green chilli I had frozen from the glut of chilli peppers last fall, leftover Easter ham, fresh farm eggs, and black beans. Definitely a meal I will be revisiting.

Made Huevos Rancheros for brunch the other day. It was my first attempt and first time I have eaten them, they were awesome. Used some green chilli I had frozen from the glut of chilli peppers last fall, leftover Easter ham, fresh farm eggs, and black beans. Definitely a meal I will be revisiting.

So much YES. Probably my favorite breakfast, maybe favorite meal.

Most mornings I usually do it up lazy - breakfast burrito: eggs, cheese, beans, plain yogurt instead of sour cream (trust me it's amazing), and hot sauce. A couple days a week I throw in leftover meat from dinner. Bacon or ham is best, I roasted a ham shank about a month ago that provided some of the best smoky breakfast burrito meat ever.

But huevos rancheros is even better. That big heaping plate, and so many options. I love just chucking in appropriate leftovers. Last nights leftover tomato salad? Some avocado? Why not? Poached eggs for a change? Wonderful. Sometimes I like to fry the tortillas first (might be blasphemous and make it not huevos rancheros) and get them crispy like tostadas.

lovely and easy! Thank you! PM bank was my problem. I had no idea I had reached a "full". I have some dinosaur conversations I am going to save forever, but dictionary can probably go. I want to put the capers in with the greens. I'll cook it your way first.

Nice, let me know what you think (I really hope I didn't miss a step... )

I bought an enameled Dutch oven, mostly to make bread in, but I'm interested to know what else I can do with it. Suggestions and recipes welcome.

• braising

soups

stews

stocks

broths

confit

you get the picture. at home i rarely cook in anything aside from cast iron pans and le creuset dutch ovens.

years ago kair and i bakes bread rather regularly in a cast iron dutch oven that originally belonged to my grandmother. it worked so nicely. the crust was just amazing.

nothing really beats a properly braised meat. i know you are not much for eating meat these days but a properly seared short rib then braised with mired poix in red wine for a few hours smells great cooking and tastes even better.

Archived