Any thoughts on Preston Jacobs?

King Jon Targaryen I

Do you think GRRM would be that obvious and predictable?

R+L=J is only obvious and predictable for people who've sat on this board for years. I, for example, completely missed it on my own and I am fairly certain large majority of people did too. Not everyone reads books with as keen minds as some of the people here (that's a compliment).

R+L=J is only obvious and predictable for people who've sat on this board for years. I, for example, completely missed it on my own and I am fairly certain large majority of people did too. Not everyone reads books with as keen minds as some of the people here (that's a compliment).

Yeah, some people think it's obvious because they've read about it on here for years, if you don't know GRRM's writing style, it's much tougher to analyze everything.

How is he assuming Dany was born earlier? One of the points he made very well was that we actually don't know much about Dany, what we've been told about her doesn't hold up against strict scrutiny, just look at her experiences growing up and compare that to what we know about Braavos, they don't equate.

We know for a fact that Dany was born "9 moons after" the sack of KL. Lyanna died around the time of the sack of KL. Common sense.

As far as B+A=J, the timelines actually do line up. If Jon was conceived a few days before he was executed, the Ravens would have been sent out almost immediately, and within a few days Ned would be aware and in a few weeks he could have conceived Robb in the Riverlands, putting Robb and Jon at roughly the same age.

No, they really don't. But I've pointed this out over and over and over again with Skinchanging Sweetrobin and I'm really not one for rehashing it here. There are two threads on this already and you will surely find how the timeline doesn't match up there.

Also, Ashara wouldn't have had to sneak into the Red Keep, she lived there, she was a hand-maiden to Elia.

Those were his words, not mine.

If Ned found Dany with Lyanna he would need to have her taken elsewhere in order to protect her, Ned couldnt have a Targ looking kid with him, sooner or later Robert would find out and people would start asking questions.

Ned's not going to drop his niece off on Ashara and then take her own child away from her. That's simply ludicrous.

While I don't think the idea is iron clad I think it raises plenty of valid points.

It's about as ironclad as pudding and I've yet to see it raise any valid points at all.

For the record, I much prefer R+L=YG.

I find that even more unlikely, as there's absolutely no evidence in the text that would even begin to support the idea.

I only saw the Dornish master plan videos.

I liked them.

I think they are overtly convoluted, not even LF or Varys have such super elaborate plans, and at some point it seems like throwing shit at the wall and seeing what sticks with his theory. Maybe a few of that is true if we are being optimistic. But I was entertained by those videos. Which is what really matters.

Worth every minute. He's a guy that obviously loves ASOIAF and has a great imagination. The hate I see here from some of you is laughable. Bit jealous y'all didn't think of his stuff first?

To the posters saying people going to be disappointed when the next book comes out proving him wrong are wrong. He'll just have new material for new theories.

I watched some of the videos and saw a lot of grand conspiracy theories. Some people want to believe that the world is more secretive, more magical, and more complex than it actually is, and find this sort of imaginative speculation more interesting than hard analysis. I don't, but different strokes for different folks.

As far as B+A=J, the timelines actually do line up. If Jon was conceived a few days before he was executed, the Ravens would have been sent out almost immediately, and within a few days Ned would be aware and in a few weeks he could have conceived Robb in the Riverlands, putting Robb and Jon at roughly the same age.

So Ashara snuck into the Black Cells to have sex with a condemned man and Ned Stark travelled and marched an army over a distance requiring about half a year to cover in a couple days?

No, definitely not.

The Dornish Master was sounding very good up until the sample chapter for Arianne came out and disprove the Vast majority of the that plan. Most of that plan mostly concerned putting fucking Lannisters over and putting Aegon on the throne, but in the sample chapter, Dorian had no idea that he was alive this whole time and sought Arianne to see if it was the real deal.

Now this one really got my attention: http://youtu.be/jKs1r9SpAVM?list=UUXU7XVK_2Wd6tAHYO8g9vAA

This really make me question Aerys so called madness

I'm going make a topic about, but i complete forgot how to make and lock Topics?

Can anybody help me?

Ned only needs to go from The Vale to Riverrun, he could probably do that within a few weeks.

Even that would take a full month. But he didn't. Jon Arryn called his banners, saw them arrive, marched against Gulltown, sieged the city and Ned had not yet crossed the Bite. Then Ned travelled to Winterfell, waited for his vassals to arrive with their armies, marched south into the Riverlands, marched even further, fought the Battle of the Bells, marched back to Riverrun, married, and only then did he marry Cat.

By the way, that is neglecting the three months Brandon spent in a dungeon. Without conjugal visits from random Dornish women.

So Ashara snuck into the Black Cells to have sex with a condemned man and Ned Stark travelled and marched an army over a distance requiring about half a year to cover in a couple days?

No, definitely not.

Was she even there at the time? I mean, Rhaegar left Elia at Dragonstone, so I assume that Elia was there until some point of Rebellion. I doubt Elia and thus Ashara were at KL at that time.

I have no idea. She may even have travelled from Harrenhal straight to Starfall.

I mean, I am looking at Elia here, because Barristan said that Ashara came with her. Elia was at Dragonstone when entire elopement happened, so I assume that she was there with Elia (or as you said at Starfall). We can't exactly pinpoint when Elia came to KL (and thus Ashara), but I think that Rebellion already started.

I mean, I am looking at Elia here, because Barristan said that Ashara came with her. Elia was at Dragonstone when entire elopement happened, so I assume that she was there with Elia (or as you said at Starfall). We can't exactly pinpoint when Elia came to KL (and thus Ashara), but I think that Rebellion already started.

Ashara "came with Elia" from Dorne to KL/Dragonstone when Elia married Rhaegar. Between Harrenhal and the Sack, nothing is stated either way.

I think I've realised what I don't like about his theories (which is not the same as saying I don't like him as a person, as I don't know him as such). I hate hate HATE people who unintentionally mislead others due to their own (mostly unintentional) ignorance. I hate charlatans, for instance, and that's something being myself religious. When I see people saying others stuff like "you should hate X because the Bible says so" I see red. And it's even much worse when those people feel like they are the chosen ones because they have seen something others haven't, being that thing they have seen mostly made up in their heads. That's not Preston's case, though. He seems to be a nice person who actually believes in what he says. But many do see him as if GRRM talks in a language that only him has been able to decipher and the rest of us are wrong and snobbish.

Archived