SPOILERS - The New Bakker Story (or the first half anyways)

bakkerfans

- the second heart thing is cool--who was the character of yore who had 2 hearts? plus this may have something to do with Kellhus ripping out one heart while still being animated by one? lol, if Seswatha had 2 hearts, he could leave one with the Mandate and then (using super chill longevity spells) hang out in the depths of Ishual and organize the Dunyain experiment from the shadows! :P

There’s also Mekeritrig’s speech to Kellhus “our heart was ripped out,” and IIRC there’s also an Anasûrimbor called “two-heart” who was half-nonman. It could just be metaphorical, but I think there’s more to it.

I thought he was referring to the magic Mallahet used in front of Xerius. Skybah was just his way of saying Skype.

wasn't there a sect of Sauglish philosophers that would remove the tops of their skulls and then use markings on the inside of the skull pan to find the way to the bathroom?

Anasurimbor Sanna jephara called two heart, perhaps esmenets ancestor is our barbarian if it's heritable. Might also explain his size.

Note the Sur name heramari is used, iyokus ancestor I presume. I also caught the symbolism connecting to the consult, and the pit symbolism probably means something inscrutable.

About halfway through, will finish the story later.

The scene where Eryelk can't move and hears two women speaking, one of whom is a witch who's about to hand him to the SS was very reminiscent of Achamian's Dream where Nau-Cayûti is poisoned by his wife Iëva.

There were a few parallels between NC and the Holka Eryelk that stood out to me actually. They both had an ancestor with two-hearts, both had a surrogate father and mentor, and both were powerfully built. And the "poisoning" and capture by a School.

Someone said that the SS are about to use Eryelk to summon Gilgaöl? Is this what the Consult did with Nau-Cayûti? Used him to summon the No-God in the same manner? Was he an "upside-down soul" as well?

Crossposting from TSA:

Stumbled across this description of Cnaiur in TPON, during our very first meeting with him (just after one of the other chieftains has mocked him):

Cnaiur's ears buzzed. Earth and sky shrank, until the whole world became laughing, yellow-toothed faces. He could feel it stir within him, his second soul, the one that blotted the sun and painted the earth with blood. Their laughter faltered before his menace. His glare struck even the smirks from their faces.

I thought it was worth pointing out.

The scene where Eryelk can't move and hears two women speaking, one of whom is a witch who's about to hand him to the SS was very reminiscent of Achamian's Dream where Nau-Cayûti is poisoned by his wife Iëva.

The way I remember the Iëva scene was that NC was asleep/unconscious and could not actually hear her speaking--or at least that’s what Achamian thought, right? That’s how interpreted him thinking that he dreamed “the fact” of NC’s assassination and not the “experience.” He thinks that he saw it in third person, and not like the usual Seswatha Dream where he experiences the event through the man’s eyes and senses.

But I’ve always harbored the suspicion that Achamian was just wrong. He did experience the Dream through NC’s senses. My guess is NC wasn’t under the effect of a poison there, but a sorcerous spell that kept him “awake” but unable to move. Which is to say that Iëva was a witch.

- all the pit, pit, pit stuff and the description of the SS towers as "The famed crimson gleamed black in the light of the Nail, HORNS soaring into the VOID" made me think that Bakker will be doing more parallels between the SS and the Consult. could Iyokus be capable of deceiving and betraying the Great Ordeal?

It was almost irritating how much Bakker repeated the word pit to drive home the point that he's making a Golgotterath parallel. But another one that stood out to me as a description of the Ark as a living organism,

row after row, forming a sleeve of dendritic gills, and it would seem the Pit was some kind of obscenity from the deepest sea, a cold encrustation about tissue hot and living, filtering whatever nourishment provided by his murderous deeds.

The thing about sorcerer salt being the source of Chanv is why would Jekhia be the only source of it? Alot is clearly consumed judging by how most of the Ainoni caste nobility are addicted and I don't think Jekhia has enough dead sorcerers to supply High Ainon for hundreds of years. My guess is that there's a non man mansion there with enough dead to be used. Or they get in from the east. By the way WTF is going on in the east anyway? The only time it's mentioned is that Jekhia has connection there and they have Chanv. If we keep the lord of the rings analogy going it would be Inchoroi worship.

Someone said that the SS are about to use Eryelk to summon Gilgaöl? Is this what the Consult did with Nau-Cayûti? Used him to summon the No-God in the same manner? Was he an "upside-down soul" as well?

WLW, ch. 15:

In life, your soul is but the extension of your body, which reaches inward until it finds its centre in spirit. In death, your body is but the extension of your soul, which reaches outward until it finds it circumference in flesh. In both instances, all things appear the same. Thus are the dead and the living confused.

—MEMGOWA, THE BOOK OF DIVINE ACTS

Not sure what to make of that, but it might be what an upside-down soul is.

Archived