Sympathy for the Devils (or losers)

C.T. Phipps

Well, considering that Aegon had already prepared the invasion Westeros for years and didn't limit himself to the Stormlands, that's rather questionable.

Exactly. He had a freaking table painted with the map of Westeros, meaning he had actually put in a lot of time and effort into planning his invasion. The Storm's king's spurning was just an excuse. Chopping off a envoy's hands is a big no-no, no matter how offended you feel by the offer. Still, I feel sorry for him and even more sorry for Argella. I can't blame her for being stubborn after Orys killed her father and she didn't deserve to be shamed the way she was.

I do feel sorry for Rhaenyra, especially since she lost most of her children to her vicious step-mom and brother, but was definitely more than a little unstable by the time she gained the throne. I can't feel sorry for Alicent though. It's her own fault what happened to her.

The Children of the Forrest

All the people the ancient Valyrians conquered, except for the Old Ghis

Daemon II Blackfyre - he meant to start a new war and he was a fool, but I kinda liked him anyway

To a lesser degree, King Torrhen Stark - that epithet of his must be a product of little minds

Anyone that was subject to Valyrian domination. That means the Rhoynar, and of course, the people of Westeros.

Hm, not much changed in Westeros if you compare it to what happened to the Rhoynar. The top guys changed, the way of life have remained.

• 2 weeks later...

Though I don't mind the Blackfyres I feel sorry for Rhaenyra the most. She was the rightful heir, her own father wanted her to succeed him, ever since she was a girl. The throne was basically stolen from her and her death was a gruesome one.

Tywin didn't survive, so he is weak... ;)

That bloody dwarf killed my wearer (Tywin) in the most craven way. Even the most powerful would have died in my place. And now no one will ever gaze upon such mighty and noble sideburns again....

Though I don't mind the Blackfyres I feel sorry for Rhaenyra the most. She was the rightful heir, her own father wanted her to succeed him, ever since she was a girl. The throne was basically stolen from her and her death was a gruesome one.

Rhaenyra was made rightful mostly only in the mind of Viserys, who ignored the law that Jaehaerys and the 'Great Council' of 101 AC created, which stated that women cannot inherit the iron throne. Valyrian custom of women rulers was not valid any longer especially after all the dragons got killed.

This book has a massive collection of people who got stomped on by history:

The Blackfyres

The Reynes

The original Kings of Westeros

Rhaenyra and her family

And so on.

So, what families do you have sympathy for which didn't win the Game of Thrones and why?

Who do you think had just cause who lost?

Who do you think sucked who won?

Who do you think is wrongly maligned by history?

wtf it wasnt rhaenyras fam who was stomped on, it was the rightful faction with aegon ll and clan hightower

Rhaenyra was made rightful mostly only in the mind of Viserys, who ignored the law that Jaehaerys and the 'Great Council' of 101 AC created, which stated that women cannot inherit the iron throne. Valyrian custom of women rulers was not valid any longer especially after all the dragons got killed.

If the king intended for his eldest child, and only child for a long time, to be his heir then the first actions of his second wife shouldn't have been to ignore the wishes of the king on his death before his blood went cold.

The Children of the Forest and the Giants.

The First Men from the South, especially Robar Royce a true champion of the Old Gods.

The Sarnori and Rhoynar.

The Gardener King that died in the Field of Fire, being burned alive must be a terrible dead.

Argillac and Argella Durrendon.

The mountain lions from the Westerlands, the bloody Lannisters wiped out their own sigil.

The Blackwood lady that was defeated by the Hoares and the Brackens.

Out of anything and anyone, I feel the worst for the poor dragons not able to escape the kings landing mob, the COTF being slaughtered by both first men and andals, and the Old Men of the River (the holy giant turtles) butchered by the Valyrians. I feel more for the animals that were used and died horribly then the people whose own decisions put them there

Oh and the Great Lions of the West.

• 2 months later...

My sort, I guess. The sins of his father shouldn't be his. He was just a baby when Daemon died. As far as we know, he didn't participate in any uprising against the legitimate kings, and intended to gain his throne peacefully by convincing most of the lords.

And he has a claim, considering that his father was legitimated by a degree of a king. Egg was elected being the the 4t son of the 4th son of the 1st son of Aegon IV. Aenys was the 5th son of the 2nd son of Aegon IV.

Caring for your family is also selfishness. Not being selfish would be caring for everybody's families.

Aenys was trying to convince most of the lords of the realms that he should be king, and Brynden killed him to prevent him from doing that. So, he feared that most of the lords wouldn't agree with his opinion, and acted preemtively. He decided that only his opinion mattered. If that's not selfishness, I don't know what it is.

You do realize if aenys their most likely would have been a huge civil war the targeryens would not just let the blackfyres have the throne

Poor Rhaenys. Not sure if she counts as a loser but I rooted for her. Feminism? Check. Idea of crossing Sunset Sea? Check. Patroness of the arts? Check.

That woman was amazing, damned Dornishmen! lol

I felt bad for the Sarnori and Rhoynar.

Agree with the Old Men of the River.

Slave women in Gogossos.

The Brackens are too evil. Yeah we got it, Blackwoods are nicer and better.

Poor Rhaenys. Not sure if she counts as a loser but I rooted for her. Feminism? Check. Idea of crossing Sunset Sea? Check. Patroness of the arts? Check.

That woman was amazing, damned Dornishmen! lol

I felt bad for the Sarnori and Rhoynar.

Agree with the Old Men of the River.

Slave women in Gogossos.

The Brackens are too evil. Yeah we got it, Blackwoods are nicer and better.

If Rhaenys was transformed from Queen of a Continent, to a female version of Reek, under the Hellholt, then she was probably one of the most unfortunate characters in the whole story.

Archived