Anything Good about the Freys?

Shadow Cat 75

As the Husband of the Damned, I say definitely. Nothing wrong with a lot of the Freys we've seen so far. It's really just the adult Frey men who helped plan the RW that are awful. And Lord Walder was terrible before that. So being completely fair, on the whole there's little wrong with House Frey.

But the Lady don't care and if she don't, I don't. Freyar Morghulis.

They were loyal until Robb broke his promise, I don't blame them 100% for being mad about it, but I don't think it justifies that kind of treason they did.

Robb's squire, Olyvar, if I'm not mistaken, liked to squire for him.

Stevron Frey who was the heir to Lord Walder died fighting in Oxcross and a lot of them were fighting bravely and they were a large number of Robb's arms.

I don't know that Big Walder is a good guy. If you ask me he's the Late Lord Frey all over again. I just like him cause he is willing to do what it takes to get rid of other Frey's. He states that he would have killed the three Freys leaving white harbor and clearly killed Little Walder as well.

Well except him. But Olyvar Frey was Robb's loyal squire, Perwyn was also sent away due to his loyalty to to the Stark's, and Roslin seems genuinely sweet and in love with Edmure (and he with her).

:agree:

This definitely. There are some good apples out of the bunch. Really is disconcerting that people advocate wiping out the whole family for the actions of their leaders. Because everyone knows the way the heroes get even with the villains is to do something completely villainous! Lady Stoneheart is the perfect example of how this ruins good characters.

:agree:

This definitely. There are some good apples out of the bunch. Really is disconcerting that people advocate wiping out the whole family for the actions of their leaders. Because everyone knows the way the heroes get even with the villains is to do something completely villainous! Lady Stoneheart is the perfect example of how this ruins good characters.

I'm kind of horrified by Edmund Tully's affection for his wife, to be honest.

The Karstark heiress was in a similar situation and stood up for the Starks.

I'm kind of horrified by Edmund Tully's affection for his wife, to be honest.

The Karstark heiress was in a similar situation and stood up for the Starks.

Roslin quite genuinely seemed horrified by her family's actions. I reread the RW chapters this holiday(I get a lot of reading in at family gatherings...) and she was a teary wreck and pale to the point Catelyn wondered if she was ill. I could see Edmure coming to grow fond of her and especially needing a comforting hand after all that.

Alys Karstark's situation was quite different. Cegan Karstark was pretty much trying to force her hand in marriage so his father would maintain control of the House for the Bolton's. She didn't want this, for herself or her House and fled.

Are you suggesting Roslin should have ran away? Or just started screaming "You're all going to die?" It wouldn't have changed anything except perhaps get a few more of her family members killed.

Archived