The Riverlands Web V.5

Booknerd2

"The Riverlands are for Lovers"

Got a song to go with our tee shirt, just saw it on another site...

Johnny Cash, A Thing Called Love:

Six foot six he stood on the ground

He weighed two hundred and thirty-five pounds

But I saw that giant of a man brought down

To his knees by love

He was the kind of man that would gamble on luck

Look you in the eye and never back up

But I saw him crying like a little whipped pup

Because of love

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YVYczqD2b8

Oh if we are doing songs this is my personal headcanon song for SanSan (mostly because of the refrain):

Oh, well in 5 years time

We could be walking around a zoo

With the sun shining down over me and you

And there will be love in the bodies of the elephants too

And I'll put my hands over your eyes but you'll peek through

And there will be sun sun sun all over our bodies

And sun sun sun all down our necks

And there will be sun sun sun all over our faces

And sun sun sun so what the heck

Cause I'll be laughing at all your silly little jokes

And we'll be laughing about how we used to smoke

All those stupid little cigarettes and drink stupid wine

Cause it's what we needed to have a good time

But it was fun fun fun when we were drinking

And it was fun fun fun when we were drunk

And it was fun fun fun when we were laughing

And it was fun fun fun, oh it was fun

Oh, well I'll look at you and say it's the happiest I've ever been

And I'll say I no longer feel, I have to be James Dean

And she'll say yeah well I feel oh pretty happy too

And I'm always pretty happy when I'm just kicking back with you

And it'll be love love love all through our bodies

And it'll be love love love all through our minds

And it'll be love love love all over her face

And love love love all over mine

And though really all these moments are just in my head

I'll be thinking about them as I'm lying in bed

And I know that really it might not even come true

But in my mind I'm having a pretty good time with you

Oh in 5 years time I might not know you

In 5 years time we might not speak

In 5 years time we might not get along

In 5 years time you might just prove me wrong

Oh there will be love love love wherever you go

-Noah and the Whale, 5 years time.

(Yes, I like quirky pop-songs. Don't judge.)

Linky-tinky for song above.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8YCSJpF4g4

Ok, here's mine. Yeah, it's old, and so am I. :)

I Don't Know How to Love Him from Jesus Christ Superstar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lS2nX4fuzqc&list=RDlS2nX4fuzqc#t=52

I don't know how to love him. What to do, how to move him.
I've been changed, yes really changed.
In these past few days, when I've seen myself, I seem like someone else.

I don't know how to take this. I don't see why he moves me.
He's a man. He's just a man.
And I've had so many men before, In very many ways,
He's just one more.

Should I bring him down? Should I scream and shout?
Should I speak of love, Let my feelings out?
I never thought I'd come to this. What's it all about?

Don't you think it's rather funny, I should be in this position.
I'm the one who's always been So calm, so cool, no lover's fool,
Running every show. He scares me so.
I never thought I'd come to this. What's it all about?

Yet, if he said he loved me, I'd be lost. I'd be frightened.
I couldn't cope, just couldn't cope. I'd turn my head. I'd back away.
I wouldn't want to know. He scares me so.
I want him so. I love him so.

I love all the songs, we need an Arya/Gendry one... Oh, that's right, GRRM wrote one! :lol:

Interesting, both of the sigils of the sister's "lords" are yellow backgrounds (crowned stag on gold, three dogs on the yellow of autumn grass). Both sisters had a leafy dress moment, too...

My featherbed is deep and soft, and there I’ll lay you down,

I’ll dress you all in yellow silk, and on your head a crown.

For you shall be my lady love, and I shall be your lord.

I’ll always keep you warm and safe, and guard you with my sword.

And how she smiled and how she laughed, the maiden of the tree.

She spun away and said to him, no featherbed for me.

I’ll wear a gown of golden leaves, and bind my hair with grass,

But you can be my forest love, and me your forest lass.

Arya:

And afterward, they insisted she dress herself in girl’s things, brown woolen stockings and a light linen shift, and over that a light green gown with acorns embroidered all over the bodice in brown thread, and more acorns bordering the hem.

Sansa (Beauty, looking in a mirror):

The dress she picked was lambswool, dark brown and simply cut, with leaves and vines embroidered around the bodice, sleeves, and hem in golden thread... In the end she chose a simple velvet ribbon in autumn gold. When Gretchel fetched her Lysa’s silvered looking glass, the color seemed just perfect with Alayne’s mass of dark brown hair.

I love all the songs, we need an Arya/Gendry one... Oh, that's right, GRRM wrote one! :lol:

Agreed, all the songs are cool. Great work people ! :)

Also, nice post Le Cygne. I love the maiden of the tree song, and as you've insinuated, it fits so well with Arya/Gendry.

IIRC, Tom winks at Arya after singing the song, that always makes me think, should we be looking out for the characters little sly/cheeky moments, or are they nothing. I think he has a similar cheeky comment regarding Lem eating soup with flies in it after Hot Pie mentions Arry.. erm I mean Squab doing the same.

Anyway, what's your guys opinions on this being a clue/related somehow to Lyanna as The Knight of the Laughing Tree. The lyrics could fit for a scenario of Rheagar and Lyanna being in love, and of course the laughing + the tree. And if Lem is indeed Richard Lonmouth, then he could possibly know much and more about any R+L situation. Richard was in prime position being close to Rheagar.

And we are told that Arya looks like Lyanna, rides like Lyanna, has something of the Stark Direwolf in her as Lyanna did. Could this song have been sung to Arya with a clever undertone regarding TKOFLT ? A sort of acknowledgment that Arya really does resemble Lyanna ? Or maybe just a clue ?

Again, if Lem is Richard Monmouth then they would have enough info on this matter, I think it is possible. :dunno: And it draws an awesome image of the scene where Harwin is the only man skilled enough to keep up with Arya when chasing her on horseback, and Lem is floundering behind with his big yellow cloak flapping in the air. This would be a nice parallel to the Knight of skulls and kisses attempting to track down the TKOTLT as he promised King Aerys after the tourney of Harenhal, in vain it would seem, or maybe not ? Lots to come on that to be sure. :P

Agreed, all the songs are cool. Great work people ! :)

Also, nice post Le Cygne. I love the maiden of the tree song, and as you've insinuated, it fits so well with Arya/Gendry.

IIRC, Tom winks at Arya after singing the song, that always makes me think, should we be looking out for the characters little sly/cheeky moments, or are they nothing. I think he has a similar cheeky comment regarding Lem eating soup with flies in it after Hot Pie mentions Arry.. erm I mean Squab doing the same.

Anyway, what's your guys opinions on this being a clue/related somehow to Lyanna as The Knight of the Laughing Tree. The lyrics could fit for a scenario of Rheagar and Lyanna being in love, and of course the laughing + the tree. And if Lem is indeed Richard Lonmouth, then he could possibly know much and more about any R+L situation. Richard was in prime position being close to Rheagar before war.

And we are told that Arya looks like Lyanna, rides like Lyanna, has something of the Stark Direwolf in her as Lyanna did. Could this song have been sung to Arya with a clever undertone regarding TKOFLT ? A sort of acknowledgment that Arya really does resemble Lyanna ?

Again, if Lem is Richard Monmouth then they would have enough info on this matter, I think it is possible. :dunno: And it draws an awesome image of the scene where Harwin is the only man skilled enough to keep up with Arya when chasing her on horseback, and Lem is floundering behind with his big yellow cloak flapping in the air. This would be a nice parallel to the Knight of skulls and kisses attempting to track down the TKOTLT as he promised King Aerys after the tourney of Harenhal, in vain it would seem, or maybe not ? Lots to come on that to be sure. :P

I must say Wizz, who knows, but I like your thinking on this anyway! I do like the R Lonmouth idea. Also, did you look at the Lemore might be Wenda? thread? It's interesting, and has some scraps of info on Wenda and the BWB. If you haven't looked at it, check it out. It has the minute details you're so great at.

I felt kinda silly posting my song, but thought, why not? It beats being mean to people, shipping Sansa with Tyrion, or trying to think up who's gonna rape her first. (I read all those just today! whee!)

Do love the Arya/Gendry song too.

Here we are, singing a chorus or two. :cheers: :grouphug: :cheers:

I must say Wizz, who knows, but I like your thinking on this anyway! I do like the R Lonmouth idea. Also, did you look at the Lemore might be Wenda? thread? It's interesting, and has some scraps of info on Wenda and the BWB. If you haven't looked at it, check it out. It has the minute details you're so great at.

I felt kinda silly posting my song, but thought, why not? It beats being mean to people, shipping Sansa with Tyrion, or trying to think up who's gonna rape her first. (I read all those just today! whee!)

Do love the Arya/Gendry song too.

Here we are, singing a chorus or two. :cheers: :grouphug: :cheers:

1st Bold.] No, I haven't yet, I will check that out. There aren't that many new threads with details to be analysed or applied, so thanks. :)

2nd Bold.] I enjoyed listening to your song ! I must admit, not something I would've looked up, or go for. But if there's anyway to get to know your fellow posters a bit better, that's a fun way. And I spent 5 minutes in the world of Longie there, great stuff ! :D

3rd Bold.] My offering is weak compared to previous posts, not as good at you guys linking lyrics. But being an Iron Maiden fan, I couldn't resist '' Stranger in a strange land'' The majority of this song has a tenuous link at best, but the chorus resonates with our favourite horse ! The chorus goes as follows.......

Stranger in a strange land

Land of Ice and snow

Trapped inside this prison

Lost and far from home

Told you I'd get a Maiden reference in there bookie ! :P

I remember on a first read when Tom winked, and after all that transpired and even the stuff you have to read between the lines, and here is Tom winking at Arya and possibly all of us….I shut the book and was like: "Oh, come on, now…."

I love all your ideas regarding Lyanna and KOTL. I think there are many things in general that link and hint at similarities or tip the hat between Lyanna and Arya. I just always loved to that Ned took a different approach than maybe his father would have. When she receives Needle, he is practical and takes her seriously and does get her lessons, and damn, he never knew how many cases she would be in where literally what Syrio taught her and even his words reverberating in her head either helped her or got her out of a jam.

I do like the Lonmouth theory. And I read the Wenda thread today, and hey, there are openings for it to be possible.

In general with Lemore, I don't see just a regular septa would be someone that Varys and Illyrio would get, maybe, I'm not the author so anything could happen…. but the screen time she had with Tyrion and her being noted by him just feels fishy. Something doesn't sit right with me about Lemore and her just being a woman from a typical septa background that they would find and involve her in such an undertaking and a long term one at that.

And in general, those damn Daynes are so mysterious….all of them….even what is going on with Allyria and Edric, I can't wait for more info to come out. And It will.

Enjoying the songs….and lovin' a little Maiden thrown in, Wizz…lol! ( I would insert a head-baning emoticon if I had one.) :bowdown: This is the closest we got…lol!

Also, I am working on Sybell and I guess soon the thread will close because it is over. So I will also do the opening up of Riverlands v.6 and post the usual stuff before the new Sybell one.

I remember on a first read when Tom winked, and after all that transpired and even the stuff you have to read between the lines, and here is Tom winking at Arya and possibly all of us….I shut the book and was like: "Oh, come on, now…."

I love all your ideas regarding Lyanna and KOTL. I think there are many things in general that link and hint at similarities or tip the hat between Lyanna and Arya. I just always loved to that Ned took a different approach than maybe his father would have. When she receives Needle, he is practical and takes her seriously and does get her lessons, and damn, he never knew how many cases she would be in where literally what Syrio taught her and even his words reverberating in her head either helped her or got her out of a jam.

I do like the Lonmouth theory. And I read the Wenda thread today, and hey, there are openings for it to be possible.

In general with Lemore, I don't see just a regular septa would be someone that Varys and Illyrio would get, maybe, I'm not the author so anything could happen…. but the screen time she had with Tyrion and her being noted by him just feels fishy. Something doesn't sit right with me about Lemore and her just being a woman from a typical septa background that they would find and involve her in such an undertaking and a long term one at that.

And in general, those damn Daynes are so mysterious….all of them….even what is going on with Allyria and Edric, I can't wait for more info to come out. And It will.

Enjoying the songs….and lovin' a little Maiden thrown in, Wizz…lol! ( I would insert a head-baning emoticon if I had one.) :bowdown: This is the closest we got…lol!

Also, I am working on Sybell and I guess soon the thread will close because it is over. So I will also do the opening up of Riverlands v.6 and post the usual stuff before the new Sybell one.

Thanks bookie. I like what you had to say on Lemore, and Longie has just pointed out the Wenda thread to me, so part way through, some interesting stuff there. And as for the Dayne's, forget it until we get more in the books, they're real head scratchers. :dunno:

Looking forward to the Sybell PQ. She's an interesting character. :)

EDIT : By the way, that is the nearest head banging emoticon, hadn't thought of that ! A little cryptic if not in the know, but between friends, we can definitely use that ! Good work. :bowdown:

Stranger in a strange land

Land of Ice and snow

Trapped inside this prison

Lost and far from home

Told you I'd get a maiden reference in there bookie ! :P

Stranger song, yeah! :) He wants out of there. Let him be the horse he was meant to be (and his master, too).

Another love song, The Cure, Lovesong. I like the "whatever words I say" part, sometimes you can't go by a man's words.

However far away

I will always love you

However long I stay

I will always love you

Whatever words I say

I will always love you

I will always love you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXCKLJGLENs

Stranger song, yeah! :) He wants out of there. Let him be the horse he was meant to be (and his master, too).

Another love song, The Cure, Lovesong. I like the "whatever words I say" part, sometimes you can't go by a man's words.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXCKLJGLENs

The Cure ! Love it !

On that note, when Edric was moaning about the rain etc... On top of thinking, shut up ! If Gendry had known of the Cure, and was able to reference a tune, it may have been, '' Boys don't cry.'' :D Great tune BTW.

Robert Smith would be bang in trouble, with big issues, if he was caught up in any medieval, helmet restricted, rain induced hair mischief ! :P

Archived