R + L = J v. 127

JonCon's Red Beard

You have to pay attention, ADWF. In the RLJ threads, "lance" is often read as code for "penis." So Jon appears to be conceding the fact that Robb was the "stronger penis. " The problem of course, is that "sword" is also code for penis. So Jon is claiming to be the "better penis."

These statements might appear to offset one another. But of course, the reason Jon brings these things up (ahem) is that he wants to join the Night's Watch. The NW is a bit of sausage party, it turns out - so the penis comparison could be relevant. And while there are no women in the NW, there are horses. So the ability to, uh, "sit a horse" might be a selling point, I suppose. I'm not really sure.

The point, however, is that all of this naturally supports R+L=J. Because, as you know, Rhaegar's prowess with a "lance" was unquestioned... though strangely, he rarely joined the lusts lists. Regardless, the fact remains that Rhaegar and Jon resemble each other insofar as they each had a penis, and clearly both knew how to "sit a horse."

And that's just one more proof drawn from the mountain of evidence supporting the theory... that R+L=J.

No, because sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Come on. No one ever once insinuated that all lances are penises. That's just unfair on your part. And R and J do resemble each other in more that they are male and can sit a horse. You even acknolwedge that you think GRRM is laying a lot of clues for RLJ but taht it's a long con from the author. But at least you acknowledge the clues

The passive aggressive nature is really not needed when no one in this thread made any connection to that lance being related to Rhaegar's

Can the Doran comment about DS being dangerous refer to said secret?

Care to remind me? Honestly can't remember

<snip>

Wow. That was a new low. Especially since this has shit-all to do with whether this proves R+L=J or has anything to do with Rhaegar and everything to do with simply reading comprehension.

Jon is a good swordsman.

Robb is a better lance.

Jon is an excellent horsemen.

I don't see why people feel the need to try to change the facts of the story just because they don't like a theory or don't like a character.

Don't like Jon? Fine. But that doesn't change the fact that he's a skilled horseman and a skilled swordsman. People can draw whatever conclusions or theories or connections that they want from that, but I sure as hell wasn't suggesting anything other than "Jon is a skilled horseman".

Jesus.

Personally, I'd love to find something new to talk about.

I don't know how out-of-bounds this is, but I don't know a better place to discuss it. I was wondering: does anyone have any thoughts as to what clues we might see in the show this season?

I don't know how out-of-bounds this is, but I don't know a better place to discuss it. I was wondering: does anyone have any thoughts as to what clues we might see in the show this season?

Maybe something in Mel's flames, would be my guess (or her talking about it).

Barristan Selmy could not dispute the truth of that. He had spent the best part of his own life obeying the commands of drunkards and madmen.

Jon laughed, laughed like a drunk or a madman, and his men laughed with him.

He (Joffrey) laughed … and when the king laughs, the court laughs with him.

I wouldn't read too much into this. These are expressions GRRM uses pretty frequently. Take Tyrion, for instance.

"He was laughing by then. She seized him by the shoulders and shook him. 'Stop it. are you mad or drunk? Stop it!'

It was all he could do to get out the words. 'I can't,' he gasped. 'It's too ... gods, too funny . . . Stannis . . .'

'What?'

'He hasn't sailed against us,' Tyrion managed. 'He's laid siege to Storm's End.'

. . .

Cersei began to chuckle . . . Tyrion threw back is head and roared. They laughed together."

With no Bran, maybe more Mel and the fires type stuff. It'd be great if they tackled some more of the prophecy stuff in the show.

Ah, we all thought the same thing

Maybe something in Mel's flames, would be my guess (or her talking about it).

^^I think whatever clues we get in the show they will come from Melisandre's flames maybe, as Bran will be sitting out this season....

beat me to it haha

Agreed, Mel's flames are going to very interesting this season.

Well, since we don't have AAR in the show, nor do we have the whole 'salt and smoke' bit of the prophecy, it will definitely be a bit different than what we know from the books, I think.

I do wonder if Mel will give any actual clues about his parentage, or if they are going to sit on that completely.

Oh god, how awesome would it be to see some sort of spoilers concerning how Jon survives?

“Your son has no king’s blood. Melisandre gains nothing by giving him to the fire. Stannis wants the free folk to fight for him, he will not burn an innocent without good cause. Your boy will be safe. I will find a wet nurse for him and he’ll be raised here at Castle Black under my protection. He’ll learn to hunt and ride, to fight with sword and axe and bow. I’ll even see that he is taught to read and write.” Sam would like that. “And when he is old enough, he will learn the truth of who he is. He’ll be free to seek you out if that is what he wants.”

Pyp lowered his voice. “The king’s dead.”

“Jon, I’m sorry. He was your father’s friend, wasn’t he?”

“They were as close as brothers, once.” Jon wondered if Joffrey would keep his father as the King’s Hand. It did not seem likely. That might mean Lord Eddard would return to Winterfell, and his sisters as well. He might even be allowed to visit them, with Lord Mormont’s permission. It would be good to see Arya’s grin again and to talk with his father. I will ask him about my mother, he resolved. I am a man now, it is past time he told me. Even if she was a whore, I don’t care, I want to know.

**The bolded Red corresponds to Ned's feeling ashamed and full of sorrow, it was part of his broken promises to Lyanna. It was the feeling that he wanted to speak to Jon again when he was in the black cells.

Oh stop with the bullshit insults. You're not even good at them.

Jon was repeating what the fucking Master of Horse said. How about you learn how to fucking read already?

"Hullen says (THE MASTER OF HORSE) I sit a horse as well as anyone in the castle."

When the fucking Master of Horse says that you can ride as well as ANYONE IN WINTERFELL, it means you can ride as well as ANYONE IN WINTERFELL. ANYONE. That's the meaning of "ANYONE".

But, in all seriousness, you are a troll. You don't make serious arguments, or at least anything that can be construed as one, and you hang around a thread concerning a character you don't like just to piss people off. I hope you get some joy out of that, because I'd hate to think that you wasted your time on something so childish if you didn't.

But I'm done here. Post all the shit you want, post all of the insults you want. I'm sure the moment R+L=J is confirmed, you won't be anywhere to be seen, anyway. But it's not as if you had anything worth reading to start with.

Just to join the fun, when someone from Winterfell says you ride well, you shouldn't always believe it.

"Tommen got his pony up to a brisk trot, waved his sword vigorously, and struck the knight's shield a solid blow as he went by. The quintain swung, the padded mace flying around to give the prince a mighty whack in the back of his head. Tommen spilled from the saddle, his new armor rattling like a bag of old pots as he hit the ground.

'You should help him up and tell him how well he rode.' Sansa could not seem to stop herself.

'He got knocked off his horse and fell in the dirt,' the king pointed out. 'That's not riding well.'"

Just to join the fun, when someone from Winterfell says you ride well, you shouldn't always believe it.

"Tommen got his pony up to a brisk trot, waved his sword vigorously, and struck the knight's shield a solid blow as he went by. The quintain swung, the padded mace flying around to give the prince a mighty whack in the back of his head. Tommen spilled from the saddle, his new armor rattling like a bag of old pots as he hit the ground.

'You should help him up and tell him how well he rode.' Sansa could not seem to stop herself.

'He got knocked off his horse and fell in the dirt,' the king pointed out. 'That's not riding well.'"

Master of Horse vs pre-teen girl nearly obsessed with courtesy.

but...no one is telling Tommen that he rode well. Sansa is making a suggestion based on her kind heart and that she wants to be a nice to little boy who reminds her of Bran.

I mean, I get your point but that example is rather silly. And Jon is also 15ish and not likely to fall off his horse while riding against a strawman

“Your son has no king’s blood. Melisandre gains nothing by giving him to the fire. Stannis wants the free folk to fight for him, he will not burn an innocent without good cause. Your boy will be safe. I will find a wet nurse for him and he’ll be raised here at Castle Black under my protection. He’ll learn to hunt and ride, to fight with sword and axe and bow. I’ll even see that he is taught to read and write.” Sam would like that. “And when he is old enough, he will learn the truth of who he is. He’ll be free to seek you out if that is what he wants.”

Pyp lowered his voice. “The king’s dead.”

“Jon, I’m sorry. He was your father’s friend, wasn’t he?”

“They were as close as brothers, once.” Jon wondered if Joffrey would keep his father as the King’s Hand. It did not seem likely. That might mean Lord Eddard would return to Winterfell, and his sisters as well. He might even be allowed to visit them, with Lord Mormont’s permission. It would be good to see Arya’s grin again and to talk with his father. I will ask him about my mother, he resolved. I am a man now, it is past time he told me. Even if she was a whore, I don’t care, I want to know.

**The bolded Red corresponds to Ned's feeling ashamed and full of sorrow, it was part of his broken promises to Lyanna. It was the feeling that he wanted to speak to Jon again when he was in the black cells.

You forgot to bold something for your comparison for R+L=J

Your son has no king’s blood

Glad I could help.

Oh yeah, I completely forgot that (been a while since I've watched season 2).

So, what parts of the prophecy do we have on the show?

1. Never referred to as "The Prince That was Promised"

2. Never referred to as "Azor Ahai Reborn"

3. Referred to as "The Warrior of Light"

4. Born amidst salt and smoke

5. After the long summer, darkness will fall heavy on the world

6. Stars will bleed

7. The cold breath of winter will freeze the seas, and the dead shall rise in the north

8. A warrior shall draw a burning sword from the fire, and that sword shall be Lightbringer

I can't remember if we get anything about waking dragons on the show, though, do we?

- What conclusions can be drawn?

I think the fact that they never mentioned AAR or TPTWP means that there is only one prophecy, and that they are the same (I think the books suggest that, as well).

We know that Shireen is considered extremely important by Melisandre, who insisted that she come to the Wall. Her purpose looked devious, but we don't know any details.

We know that Melisandre looked at Jon very knowingly through the flames while the melody of "Warrior of Light" was playing.

We know that it's very likely that Jon's assassination gets changed somewhat...but will we still get the bleeding stars, salt and smoke like we got in the books? Or will that be ignored?

Well, there are my thoughts. Any more?

There's a difference between Sansa giving a prince a compliment and the Master of Horse saying that Jon rides as well as anyone in the castle.

I mean, the two aren't even remotely comparable.

Archived