TTTNE449: The one with the 2015 courtly titles

TheCrannogDweller

Great to see you around again!

I know but it doesn't make it less cringy :rofl:

Wrapping up maths for today... Seriously, the amount of violence in these exercises :lol: sniper vs soldier. Determine the soldier's optimal strategy so he least likely gets killed. Come on, like the soldier sits down to calculate this when he's being shot at..

The crazy thing is that snipers generally do. Well, along with their spotter. To hit a guy a mile away they might have to aim in a completely different direction to hit the person.

The crazy thing is that snipers generally do. Well, along with their spotter. To hit a guy a mile away they might have to aim in a completely different direction to hit the person.

Ab understands me sometimes :wub:

HC you old devil ! now you've made me feel like shit for not noticing your birthday :bawl: happy belated birthday :cheers:

I'm pretty sure we have it saved somewhere.

Happy belated birthday, HC!

Me too. I don't do birthdays though.

:spank: HC for keeping quiet!

Bucky has my title Nog

Oh wow, I wasn't alone.

ETA

Happy Belated Burpday HC!

Happy birthday HC! :cheers:

ETA: greetings to you too, former king

Happy belated birthday HC!

Thanks everybody!

I only walked around in PJs in summer camps. And I have also walked around in PJs on a hotel corridor. That's not nice. But nobody saw me :commie: and yeah when I'm at my parents' house I usually feed the dogs in PJs. Nobody sees that either plus when it's not summer I will usually have a jacket and boots on so I won't freeze on the spot.

But I remember when I was a kid my parents never told me we were going to have guests over and I always walked down on them in PJs. *cringes* I know i was a kid so it's not a big deal but 1) I had these horrible horrible embarrassing PJs that people gave me for Christmas and being a kid I wasn't allowed to say I wouldn't wear them, so I wore them 2) it still made me extremly uncomfortable 3) I still hear random people I barely know going on about how they remember me in my PJs from when I was little x.x

Hey, nothing wrong with being seen in your PJs. I am being deadly serious when I say people wear them to go to the shops around my way. Stylishly rocking the PJs, dressing gown and flip flops look :cool4: I'm not opposed to it myself :) though I do draw the line at people who wear Nighties out in the street....um, no thanks, please no...especially not ill fitting nighties that barely cover their arse :stillsick:

Maths sucks. I always hated maths and any of the "exact" sciences (I can't think of the right word). Social sciences and ambiguous conclusions all the way for me! :commie: :commie:

On that note, I'm off to do some contract law. The joys...(actually I enjoy this particular area. Duress, undue influence and unconscionable bargains is interesting, it's all about one party potentially exploiting the other. Unlike most countries (at least other European countries) the Emglish law does not have a general principle of good faith so a contract doesn't need to be a good bargain for both parties, hence these doctrines...anyway, suffice to say reading this stuff has rekindled my interest in my studies for now, which were admittedly very low lately

It's funny , Helena you're basically saying that you hate ever being told you're wrong :lol:

Which I suppose is what sways people from traditional science . You're either right or wrong .

Yeah, I don't mind being told I am wrong, I just prefer "open" questions where there is more opinion/personal interpretation involved. That isn't the only reason I like social sciences though, I find human behaviour and suchlike fascinating too.

I think what turned me off from traditional science was that I found it dull and I had no 'natural' talent for it. You know, some people just 'click' with maths, biology, chemistry etc.nwhereas I really had to work at it and revisit what I had learned constantly. Nothing ever seemed to stick in my mind. Law psychology etc was difficult, yeah, but it interested me and I had quite a good grasp of the basics from the off.

I'm not really doing a good job of explaining myself, but nvm

QFT

Hey Ab, have you seen Lootcrate? Struck me as something you'd like. I love it. Sometimes they even have Star Wars stuffs.

QFT

Hey Ab, have you seen Lootcrate? Struck me as something you'd like. I love it. Sometimes they even have Star Wars stuffs.

No kidding, I was actually looking at Lootcrate a few hours ago! :lol:

I was tempted, but it's quite expensive here. It seemed, at first look, to be around $27p.m. here, compared to, I think $13 in the US?

I'm considering it though.

Also, hey LadyO. How's Destiny going? :P

Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometres away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope. Statement: This definition, I am told, is subject to interpretation. Obviously, 'love' is a matter of odds. Not many meatbags could make such a shot, and strangely enough, not many meatbags would derive love from it. Yet for me, love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticle, and together, achieving a singular purpose... against statistically long odds

Yeah, I don't mind being told I am wrong, I just prefer "open" questions where there is more opinion/personal interpretation involved. That isn't the only reason I like social sciences though, I find human behaviour and suchlike fascinating too.

I think what turned me off from traditional science was that I found it dull and I had no 'natural' talent for it. You know, some people just 'click' with maths, biology, chemistry etc.nwhereas I really had to work at it and revisit what I had learned constantly. Nothing ever seemed to stick in my mind. Law psychology etc was difficult, yeah, but it interested me and I had quite a good grasp of the basics from the off.

I'm not really doing a good job of explaining myself, but nvm

hmm, i suppose . i always found i enjoyed both but due to my controversial nature i don't indulge in the social aspects because discussion of it might get ugly because while everyone likes to appear tolerant and all not everyone is . also , i find most people too predictable to enjoy a conversation about social matters , it's all recycled and reskinned ideas .

it's okay i get it , you enjoy something that is closer to you and you can relate to more and understand it better because of said relation and enjoyment . and grasping a part of it you fin it fascinating.

this is where i also blame education and method . because traditional sciences can be the same , they're all around us and in every aspect of our lives, but they're not delivered as such , which is a shame

Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometres away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope. Statement: This definition, I am told, is subject to interpretation. Obviously, 'love' is a matter of odds. Not many meatbags could make such a shot, and strangely enough, not many meatbags would derive love from it. Yet for me, love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticle, and together, achieving a singular purpose... against statistically long odds

wow, such badassness :o

welcome mate .

No kidding, I was actually looking at Lootcrate a few hours ago! :lol:

I was tempted, but it's quite expensive here. It seemed, at first look, to be around $27p.m. here, compared to, I think $13 in the US?

I'm considering it though.

Also, hey LadyO. How's Destiny going? :P

My first month was last month and I was going bananas cause there were dancing baby Groot socks :wub:

If you like geeky stuff even the dumb little buttons seem like a fun treat. My subscription ended up being $19/month and that was with a 10 or 20% discount, iirc.

Destiny is.... On the top shelf where my kid can't reach it :lol:

I will finally get a chance to read the thread. I have had my butt thoroughly kicked in my bootcamp work out class :lol

Hello Lany. I must say your toughtful card is really great and I never properly thanked you for it...so here goes :) Thank you,Lany! Whenever I want to remember snowy holiday I glnace inside that envelope :)

Glad you like them. You can add little strings and hang them up too :) (tell hubby I am sorry some of the glitter came off in his office (secretly laughs about this)

Do you have some kind of alarm that goes off when the topic is snipering?

Welcome :cheers:

Count me in the group that forgot hc's birthday, too.

hc: you are a great source of wisdom in our TTTNE and I have been remiss in overlooking you name day. Please forgive - here, have some bread and salt to go with your birthday cake. :cheers:

Oh, it is already appearing for you? Good, because I still see the old one. :P

tmow made both sigils - actually all three, both for the campaign (Crannog's and mine are different for an attentive eye ;) ) and this SPAMMY one. She did an excellent work on that.

That is an excellent story!

And no problem, I am sure there will be another chance ... at least one can hope. ;) Hey, one more reason to come back!

I love the sigil! Leave it to maid to create something magnificent. :bowdown:

As for PJ stories - when I get home from work, I usually don some PJ pants and a comfy t-shirt or something. Later when my daughter calls for a ride home, I'll just go out to the car in my PJ pants and a coat over to drive to her work. Of course I wouldn't go into a store like that or anything .....

I remember one time I drew a beard, moustache and monobrow on my face and it wouldn't come off so I had to answer the door to some builders like it.

:lol:

Hey, bet you're surprised to see my post two days in a row right?

Good to see you back, Wally. I'm Catelyn Stoneheart, in case you forgot. :-)

I missed your birthday HC?! :shocked:

Shit this is what I get for not reading back!

Happy belated birthday!! I'll never forget, you were my first male crush on these boards :wub: hope you had a nice day

:blush:

Thanks Cora. :kiss:

I will finally get a chance to read the thread. I have had my butt thoroughly kicked in my bootcamp work out class :lol

Glad you like them. You can add little strings and hang them up too :) (tell hubby I am sorry some of the glitter came off in his office (secretly laughs about this)

Thanks, Lany!

eta

Thanks, Q.

Archived