Does ANYONE in Westeros know Aryas's location?

NorthernBastard11

You mean they died to save her? I'd call that devotion.

And no, the clansmen are not just using that as an excuse to kill Boltons and Freys, as they specifically say they want to kill Boltons and Freys in the very next sentence. They are going to Winterfell to save Arya Stark. Her last name ensures that the entire North will follow her just as much as any of her siblings.

They care about "Ned's girl", not arya herself. They also may just be using that as an excuse for Stannis, when they really just want to kill some Frey.

Wyman "The Man"-derly cares about Rickon because he's got a great claim. Asks for him by name.

Littlefinger cares about Sansa for personal reasons, and her claim.

Bloodraven cared about Bran exclusively. Ned cared about Jon enough to dishonor himself.

There isn't one person in Westeros who has thought "boy I sure wish I could go out of my way to save arya stark."

Jon. Also dead (maybe).

You mean they died to save her? I'd call that devotion.

And no, the clansmen are not just using that as an excuse to kill Boltons and Freys, as they specifically say they want to kill Boltons and Freys in the very next sentence. They are going to Winterfell to save Arya Stark. Her last name ensures that the entire North will follow her just as much as any of her siblings.

>devotion

It's not even really her. If you told them all that Farya wasn't real, do you really think anything world change? Boltons still have hostages. Stannismen still thirst for vengeance.

She matters not, my friend.

I don't think so, but I am sure Jaqen H'ghar at least has an idea as to where Arya is. After all, a man gave her the suggestion of going there in the first place.

>devotion

It's not even really her. If you told them all that Farya wasn't real, do you really think anything world change? Boltons still have hostages. Stannismen still thirst for vengeance.

She matters not, my friend.

All indications are that she does matter. The Boltons have no hostages to use against the mountain clans. They have no loyalty to Stannis whatsoever, they are simply making common cause with him temporarily.

They are moving forward for 2 things, Arya Stark and Winterfell, the seat of House Stark.

Stannis can't spread the word. He believes she's real Arya just like everyone else in the camp, he's never seen the real thing so he has no way of knowing she's fake. The only people in that camp that know her true identity are Theon and Jeyne herself.

Now when she makes it to CB and Jon gets a look at her, then it comes apart. But not before then.

There isn't one person in Westeros who has thought "boy I sure wish I could go out of my way to save arya stark."

Jon Snow does, repeatedly.

Gendry would probably do a lot for her too, Stoneheart would do anything. Actually a whole outlaw band is looking for her.

To answer OP, Bran might know, FM posting as Pate would know she might have tried to reach THoBaW as he gave her the coin. Some other people using magic might be able to get some hints. I wonder if Thoros tried to search for her in his fires and asking Ghost of the High Heart.

Sandor knows she wanted to go to Jon, which means that he knows more about her motivations than most of people.

Arya stark has been assumed dead on countless occasions and no one ever seems to have any clue of where and why. The last character she interacted with was Sandor but he would have had no idea she was going to bravos. Do you guys think anyone knows where she is or even if she is alive, perhaps varys, little finger, blood raven, howland reed maybe? In such a world of spy an suspicions I believe there will be someone in westeros/essos who knows the location of arya stark

Sam

I'd say nobody knows, with only one very possible exception:

Jaqen H'Ghar

If he is in communication with the House of Black And White, chances are good that they would let him know him the Stark girl has joined them in Braavos.

In this way, he'd be the only person in Westeros - barring supernatural visions and so on - that would know where she is.

- The Hound, in that he was vaguely aware she was headed to Saltpans.

- Brienne - Almost did meet her, and anyway, may also see Saltpans as her last known destination.

- Sam met her, but of course had no idea who she was.

- Littlefinger's man was on the Merling King; Arya was on the Titan's Daughter. As Kettleface doesn't know what she looks like, this is a dead end unless a source with the HOBAW told him.

- Varys' last account might be that she was headed into the Riverlands, and if he's been keeping up with the BWB, captured by the Hound. After that the trail goes cold real fast. At most, Saltpans, and no proof she survived it (like with Hound and Brienne).

I don't think Littlefinger knows she's alive. Arya doesn't fit into his plan with Sansa, and since he already has Jeyne/Arya in play, he doesn't need the real one. Although, I think Littlefinger is the kind of guy who doesn't want loose ends out there, so if he knew the real Arya was alive and where she was, he would want her under his control.

The last person in Westeros who knew Arya was alive was the Hound, and since his status in the world of the living is currently uncertain, I don't think he's searching for Arya. But even if he was alive and searching for Arya, he would have no way of knowing she went to Braavos. The last place they were going to go before separating was the Wall to Jon, so he would most likely think that was her destination. Arya actually did want to go to the Wall, but she didn't have enough money to pay the Braavosi captain to take her there.

1. The most accurate information about Arya in Westeros is that her last known location was near Saltpans. This is known by: Sandor, the Elder Brother, Brienne and, I suppose, Stoneheart and the BwB. They have no way of knowing where she went after that - I expect Thoros to look for her in his fires but, since they are asking for her whereabouts, we can infer that the most he knows is that she's still alive. They also know definitely that she's not with the Boltons.

The KL-related players (Varys, LF, Cersei etc, and by extention Roose Bolton) only know that she was lost in Kings Lading. They propably believe that she's dead and likely ended up in some bowl of brown. LF did not receive any info from the sailors: they only met some orphan and no clue that she might be anything more than a street urchin, this is not a thing to report.

Sam did not recognize her when they met, so he doesn't know.

Bran knows where Nymeria is, very likely he also knows that Arya is alive still somewhere, but I doubt he knows the location unless he's done some very serious progress off-page. Bloodraven may know though - but he hasn't shared this info...

Jaquen may not know; he has the instructions for his mission and appears to be quite self-sufficient so it's very possible that he doesn't have regular contact with the HoBaW. Even if he does, why would they tell him anything more than what is necessary for his job?

Jon Snow knows nothing and Mel knows even less...

Conclusion: only Bloodraven may know and perhaps Bran, who is also the only one with the ability to find out something.

But except for the northerners, everyone knows that fArya is, well, fake.

They care about "Ned's girl", not arya herself. They also may just be using that as an excuse for Stannis, when they really just want to kill some Frey.

Wyman "The Man"-derly cares about Rickon because he's got a great claim. Asks for him by name.

Bloodraven cared about Bran exclusively. Ned cared about Jon enough to dishonor himself.

Jon Snow, granted he has no idea where his real little sister is.

I don't think Littlefinger knows she's alive. Arya doesn't fit into his plan with Sansa, and since he already has Jeyne/Arya in play, he doesn't need the real one. Although, I think Littlefinger is the kind of guy who doesn't want loose ends out there, so if he knew the real Arya was alive and where she was, he would want her under his control.

The last person in Westeros who knew Arya was alive was the Hound, and since his status in the world of the living is currently uncertain, I don't think he's searching for Arya. But even if he was alive and searching for Arya, he would have no way of knowing she went to Braavos. The last place they were going to go before separating was the Wall to Jon, so he would most likely think that was her destination. Arya actually did want to go to the Wall, but she didn't have enough money to pay the Braavosi captain to take her there.

Arya STILL wants to go to the Wall. Notice when she meets Sam the very first thing she asks upon realizing he's a Black Brother is if he's going to Eastwatch.

I promise you if he'd said yes the next thing coming out of her mouth would have been "Can I come along?"

1. Jaquen may not know; he has the instructions for his mission and appears to be quite self-sufficient so it's very possible that he doesn't have regular contact with the HoBaW. Even if he does, why would they tell him anything more than what is necessary for his job?

As we know very little of what his deeper motivation is, or theirs, it cannot be said whether they could or would share such information with him. Even if he could know, would he care to find out? Again, no answer.

I can only submit that Jaqen is the most likely: as the man who could narrow down her specific destination (because he helped make it her destination), and as a member (current or former) of the particular group she is now with.

Am I remembering correctly that before Arya produced Jaqen's coin to go to Braavos, that she asked to see if any other ships were going to Eastwatch? The only thing that might do would give someone looking for the very very thin possibility of figuring out that she went to Braavos. Pretty unlikely though.

I would agree with those who mentioned Bloodraven, Bran, and possibly Jaqen. Maybe Thoros, maybe Melisandre at some point will see it in her flames.

I'd say no.

She's been very careful about using a fake identity and her tracks were completely erased by the massacre at Saltpans. Anyone looking for her is likely to assume that she died there.

No one knows about the iron coin or Jaqen so why would anyone imagine that she'd go to Braavos, instead of trying to make her way to The Wall where Jon is?

Gendy knows bout the coin. He knows she lives.

Unless your name is Jon Snow. He would want his sister. He sent !Mance to reclaim! His sister and was making plans to send her to bravos. So that doesn't hold water.

Archived