Blackfyre or Targaryen - who do you support?

Bluetiger

Aegon IV, despite being a complete and utter POS, did give the family sword to Daemon for a good reason.

Homeboy was an asskicker.

Did Daeron even pick up a sword in the war? NOPE, he relied on Brynden to do the heavy lifting and commanding while Daeron pranced around in Dornish garb, reading , more than likely.

While Daemon was "fighting like the Warrior himself" and after defeating Corby of the KG in single combat, did he then take the opportunity to attack Prince Maeker? NOPE, he nobly defended his defeated opponent's injured body.

"inhumanly" beautiful, strong, tall, and leads by example. Sounds like a King to me, sign me up for Daemon ANY day of the week.

because we all know that being good with a sword makes you a great King. Not things like, oh, forging peace with you old enemies.

because we all know that being good with a sword makes you a great King. Not things like, oh, forging peace with you old enemies.

in times of war, you side with the warrior.

not the academic.

the Second Blackfyre Rebellion occurred less than 10 years after his death, who exactly did he make peace with?

And do you think that ser Morgil Hastwyck was right and Daeron was son of Dragonknight?

Nothing in the characters of Aemon or Naerys suggests this is true. So no, more's the pity. Far better if he HADNT been Aegon IV's son, as JCRB said.

not the academic.

the Second Blackfyre Rebellion occurred less than 10 years after his death, who exactly did he make peace with?

Dorne.

The Blackfyre Rebellion's were not Daeron's fault, they were the actions of a petulant man egged on my ambitious Lords. Daemon showed no indications of being a good King.

Well, being tall and beautiful and strong didn't helped him either. These things doesn't qualify someone for kingship.

I'd actually argue that it helped a lot, it just didn't undo other areas of incompetence. But it helped make him popular, and that's the lifeblood of feudal kingship.

And do you think that ser Morgil Hastwyck was right and Daeron was son of Dragonknight?

There's no way for us to know that, but I don't really care. In fact, I agree with JCRB here: I hope that Naerys found love outside of her horribly abusive marriage, and I hope that Daeron was sired by gallant and loving knight rather than irresposible drunk rapist.

not the academic.

Yeah, plenty of people thought so, siding with Blackfyres instead of Daemon. And they lost. Five fucking times.

Daemon I seemed liked a chivalrous guy, but he was also an easily manipulated fool. Don't think I'd support him. Daemon II was a pretty cool guy, but I'm not sure he was kingship material. We don't have much info on the other Blackfyres, but from the little info we have, it seems Aenys was the most decent of the bunch. I'd probably support him if had to support any Blackfyre.

He had been in bed with Dorne for awhile, that was nothing surprising or even difficult. This was close to 200 years after AL, i am sure the resentment had dissipated.

One of the reasons Daemon had so much support was because of the Dornish influence in court.

Yes, lets support the King who is pushing blantantly racist policies. We don't want no stinking foreign Dornishmen, more war for us! Yargh!

He had been in bed with Dorne for awhile, that was nothing surprising or even difficult. This was close to 200 years after AL, i am sure the resentment had dissipated.

One of the reasons Daemon had so much support was because of the Dornish influence in court.

So? He still brought Dorne into the realm, peacefully I might add. Unlike the 'warrior', Daeron I, who lost his own life as well as the lives of tens of thousands in his attempt and still failed. And one of the reasons Daemon had as much support as he did was because he was manipulated into starting a war by ambitious lords who probably felt they had more to gain with Daemon i.e. a puppet on the throne.

Archived