AcroPHILIA of The Seven - round four clues

Rhaena Sandship

Round 3

The Warrior stands before the foe,

protecting us where e'er we go.

With sword and shield and spear and bow,

he guards the acrophilia players.

The brave Warrior will fight with you against the evil tricky clues of round 3. But first you have to create and send me your clue. The deadline is 23:59 GMT on Tuesday, 10. March. (A reminder - the deadline for this round's guesses is tomorrow.) Here are your acronym choices:

RFAIDIT or NSNRWSD

Good luck!

A very good round, everybody!

The favourite clue voting form is now open, you will find it here:(link in your PM). You can't vote for #14 - it is my clue and obviously points to that bastard Joffrey. All other correct answers are posted in the form. What you won't find there is the theme...

The Mother represents mercy, so that's the theme. Characters who have given the gift of mercy to somebody. The game is based on a GRRM book series, after all. :devil:

Arya -> killed that squire at the Inn at the Crossroads

Sandor -> killed a Piper soldier who escaped the Red Wedding

Daenerys -> smothered vegetable Drogo with a pillow

Theon -> killed Ralf Kenning, the commander of the ironborn in Moat Cailin

Osha -> granted the gift to the dying Maester Luwin

Anguy -> kills the northenman in the crow cages at Stony Sept

the vicious idiot -> sent an assassin after Bran and later killed Ned :bawl:

After you have voted, you can go to the game thread discuss the clues and your votes. But in case somebody doesn't resist the temptation, please don't explicitly state your authorship in your posts. Also, please send me your clues for round 3, if you haven't already.

The favourite clue points will make a lot of difference this round, because many of you guessed all clues correctly. So choose carefully and good luck!

Well, this round taught me that Arya and Dany are both travelling girls with many names that want to kill some people because they are angry... :dunno:

Me too.

I don't think Dany really has different aliases, so much as different titles. Arya however has many aliases, as in different names she's had or characters she's played.

Welcome to game 7 of AcroPHILIA!

Favourite clue points: 4 points for the authors of the clues with most ‘Best wording’, ‘Funny or ‘Aha!’ moment’ and ‘Most creative approach’ votes; 1 point for each ‘Additional’ vote your clue received.

Its probably time I admitted I don't understand how the favourite clue points are assigned. In particular the second part of the explanation above about 'additional points'.

I couldn't figure it out at the time 1st round scores being posted but didn't bother my head about it. I can see I seem to have got one point for my one vote (thanks, whoever) but why did DG only get four but shadow got 10? Or is the last number added in next to the players name not always the favourite clue points. DG had two votes in the most creative category as well as winning the funny aha round with seven votes. Shouldn't he at leastget two more points?

Can someone explain where I am going wrong?

Castellan, I think I understand the fave votes. I got 4 for winning the funny aha category. shadow took 8 for winning both the other two categories. All extra points are awarded for the 1 point category, so shadow must have gotten two votes in that one whereas I didn't get any votes in that one. That 1 point vote is the only one that definitely counts, the four point votes only go to the winner of the category.

Ah thanks I never realised she won both categories.

But I don't understand your explanation re the '1 point category'. I still don't understand that.

I swear I used to be a lot smarter. This is just one symptom.

Castellan, I think I understand the fave votes. I got 4 for winning the funny aha category. shadow took 8 for winning both the other two categories. All extra points are awarded for the 1 point category, so shadow must have gotten two votes in that one whereas I didn't get any votes in that one. That 1 point vote is the only one that definitely counts, the four point votes only go to the winner of the category.

The "1 point category" is the fourth vote at the bottom, for if you want to recognize a particularly great clue that just didn't meet the first three criteria. In a game with 10 players, if everyone voted for player A's clue in that category, player A would get 9 points (because player A couldn't vote for him/her self).

I think.

If I understand it correctly, and maybe I don't.

In the first three categories you have to get more points than anyone else and then you get four points for winning it.

In the last (fourth) category you get whatever points people vote for you, so even if you don't win the category you will get those points.

I think that's the way it is. But I stand to be corrected.

Oh Thank you Woofless and Lady B. now I get it. I thought there was a fourth category on the form I voted on in round 1, but then I decided I must have imagined it.

When I look at my explanation here about the 'disappearing' category I have to laugh. I just hope I never have to follow the instructions on how to inflate a raft in an emergency or anything.

Woofless explained it the easiest: in the first three categories only the clues with most votes get points, and it's always 4 points. So if seven of you vote for clue #1 as 'Best wording', it will win 4 points and the votes of the six players (who voted for other clues) won't count.

If you want to make sure a clue gets at least 1 point, no matter how other players vote, you put it in the 'Additional vote' category. If seven of you vote for clue #1 as 'Additional vote', it will get 7 points, and the clues the other six players voted for will also get points - one for each vote.

Apropos fav votes, I hope I assumed correctly that it is peferctly fine to vote for the same clue in more than one category... I considered to give all my votes to #9 this round. (In the end I decided to vote for #2 as funniest... which probably shows that I'm a horrible person, thinking that poor Theon's suffering could be funny...)

Yes, it is perfectly fine to vote for the same clue in multiple categories. To be honest, I consider voting for any clue but #2 in all categories a serious lack of taste. It's funny, the approach is definitely unusual and creative and so is the wording :) But then again, I can't vote, so it's up to you, guys! I am missing only one vote now.

Archived