AcroPHILIA of The Seven - round four clues

Rhaena Sandship

So "Send your clues until Thursday" does not include Thursday?

I thought I had all of tomorrow to think.

The deadline is Thursday evening, 23:59 GMT and I will post the new clues on Friday.

I see that you also say "Note that the deadline for submitting an explanation of your clue is also Wednesday evening."

My brain read that as just the explanation was need on Wed pm.

That is for your current clue. I will post the explanation in the favourite clue form, which will be published in 7 hours, 20 minutes and 14 seconds. So I need your explanations before that :)

I got all mixed up and got a day ahead of myself and spent all yesterday panicking that I wouldn't meet the deadline.

My entries are in a PM to you, oh great host, that has been edited and re-edited many times.

Only 1 hour, 32 minutes and 18 seconds left for complaining, then you'll know the correct answers. :) Since most of you are done with guessing, clue creating and other Acrophilia related activities, I thought you might enjoy joining me for a little re-read. This is from Jaime VI, AFFC and completely unrelated to the theme.

The chapter starts with Jaime trying to negotiate with Blackfish to yield Riverrun. Unfortunately, there's a little problem...

“Your word of honor?” Ser Brynden raised an eyebrow. “Do you even know what honor is?”

Jaime's thoughts: A horse.

Later, they somehow they reach the topic 'The Red Wedding' and we get...

“Call it what you will. It stinks of Tywin Lannister.”

Jaime could not deny that. “My father is dead as well.”

“May the Father judge him justly.”

Now, there’s an awful prospect.

Negotiations fail (surprise!), so Jaime decides a war council is a good idea...

“I will lead the assault,” said Strongboar. “Give the fish a taste of steel and fire, that’s what I say.”

“They are my walls,” protested Lord Emmon, “and that is my gate you would break.” He drew his parchment out of his sleeve again. “King Tommen himself has granted me—”

“We’ve all seen your paper, nuncle,” snapped Edwyn Frey. “Why don’t you go wave it at the Blackfish for a change?”

Later Jaime goes to free Edmure Tully from not being hanged. He encounters a half-nacked woman with Robb's crown on her head...

When she saw Jaime, she laughed. “Who in seven hells is this one?”

“The Lord Commander of the Kingsguard,” Jaime returned with cold courtesy. “I might ask the same of you, my lady.”

“Lady? I’m no lady. I’m the queen.”

“My sister will be surprised to hear that.”

“Lord Ryman crowned me his very self.” She gave a shake of her ample hips. “I’m the queen o’ whores.”

No, Jaime thought, my sweet sister holds that title too.

Jaime's funny, but Genna Lannister has:

The new Lord of Riverrun was so angry that he was shaking. “We have been deceived,” he said. “This man has played us false!” Pink spittle flew from his lips as he jabbed a finger at Edmure Tully. “I will have his head off! I rule in Riverrun, by the king’s own decree, I—"

“Emmon,” said his wife, “the Lord Commander knows about the king’s decree. Ser Edmure knows about the king’s decree. The stableboys know about the king’s decree.”

I hope you enjoyed my re-read!

0 hours, 0 minutes, 0 seconds

Time is up, guys! You will find the correct answers here: (link is in your PM). I hope there will be no surprises ;)

Please vote before you read or post any comments in the thread! You can vote for your favourite clue in up to three categories - the clue with most votes in each of them will bring it's author 4 points. The additional vote brings 1 point to the clue author for each vote. Please don't try to vote for your clues, to give a wrong board name or vote twice - I will know :ninja:

You are welcome to discuss the clues and your votes in the thread after you have voted. But in case somebody doesn't resist the temptation, please don't explicitly state your authorship in your posts.

And one last thing...

... the theme was "characters, who held a lantern", just like the Crone :D

I hope you enjoyed the round! Good luck for the favourite clue voting!

I found its harder to vote when you can vote for four than when there is only one. It seems cruel you are giving something to four people and that fifth equally deserving clue misses out...

Well, one thing I know is I won't get a single vote. Mine was not funny, well worded or creative and had no X factor whatsoever.

I voted against having guesser points minus 5 partly because I think having all these potential best clue points in play works to bring in the 'elegance' factor as opposed to 'guessability'. Really, I think the host can make their own rules but if you give me a vote, I'll use it.

PS That Jaime chapter is my favourite chapter.

PPS By introducing the voting form as well as all the other creative touches you are really raising the bar.

Man... I really need to stop procrastinating. Was going to do this tonight before I got the PM that I only had a few hours (didn't consider the time zone). Threw down some answers.

Apologies to those I missed out of negligence but should have gotten. If you lose by one, I accept the blame.

I voted against having guesser points minus 5 partly because I think having all these potential best clue points in play works to bring in the 'elegance' factor as opposed to 'guessability'. Really, I think the host can make their own rules but if you give me a vote, I'll use it.

I did not read what I was voting for and voted 'both', because I am very tired and I thought I will just not play, if I don't like it. But I forgot that one of the options is this option, and I now vote here against it very very very much, on principe :pirate:

Errr, guys? No idea what you did, but

1) Ser Fingerbones - your response appears to be empty. Did you delete anything? Because...

2) Dolorous Edd, Castellan, Bendubz, Yomi and Fragile Bird - your responses just disappeared. Could you please re-send your votes?

3) A shadow and Reek Havoc, your responses are there.

Did I miss somebody who voted?

Errr, guys? No idea what you did, but

1) Ser Fingerbones - your response appears to be empty. Did you delete anything? Because...

2) Dolorous Edd, Castellan, Bendubz, Yomi and Fragile Bird - your responses just disappeared. Could you please re-send your votes?

3) A shadow and Reek Havoc, your responses are there.

Did I miss somebody who voted?

On my phone. I accidently sent it before I filled it out. Did you receive it yet?

Maybe I jinxed it by thinking "Meh, I should have voted differently" about five minutes after I voted. So, do I have to vote like I did the first time or might I vote differently? I didn't read this thread till now, so that wasn't what change my mind.

Well, not on the favourite clues, anyway. Castellan's argument for leaving it at # of correct guesses points is quiet good and made me change my mind about that.

I like the idea of cutting down the number of author points received for people guessing your clue because I think the rewards are too great for simply having an easy clue.

All it really means is that if an author's clue is guessed correctly 8 times, you'll get 3 points and if it's guessed correctly 12 times, you'll get 7 points. The difference in points is actually exactly the same as the other rule, it's just less points.

Strangely nobody is discussing the clues...

My personal opinion?

#13 Patron where a sanctuary nourishes dogs lost is my favourite, it sounds like a clue and is really creative.

#3 Pruned without asking etc. was fun, and your interpretations of the clue were even more fun.

#1 Mocks superwoman etc. is really clever - it manages to point to Brienne in one word (superwoman), Jaime in 2 words (oathbreaking knight), and to Red Ronnet - in 2 words (mocking asshole). Impressive!

I am really really really sorry, I apologize unreservedly - it appears is that I misread what Castellan said, not the voting condition (which I must say I did not read, but now know what it was).

I personally very much prefer the -5 rule, but my vote stays in 'not caring' for humans :ninja:

Edit: It appears I can not understand what is being said, even when I try. Therefore I do not vote.

Edit: What I think would be great, is lowering the author points to 'no more than X points'. For example, seven in thirteen player game. I can not focus my attention enough at the moment to understand if it is what is voted on.

Archived