AcroPHILIA of The Seven - round four clues

Rhaena Sandship

This section is all about opinions. I personally felt that using the first 4 letters as one word marked 2 down on creativity. Yes it was funny, but I preferred 13 as more creative in achieving humour.

In terms of the quality, clue 1 is the clear and distinct winner for me. A great, great clue.

As I say, we're all going to have differing opinions.

This section is all about opinions. I personally felt that using the first 4 letters as one word marked 2 down on creativity. Yes it was funny, but I preferred 13 as more creative in achieving humour.

In terms of the quality, clue 1 is the clear and distinct winner for me. A great, great clue.

As I say, we're all going to have differing opinions.

#13 is pretty awesome, too, I agree.

#1 isn't that bad, it points to Arya mostly, it just had the missfortune to be in the same round as #3. If you're supposed to make a Dany clue and it screams Arya, you failed in my opinion, no matter if it maybe quietly whispers Dany, too.

Interestingly enough, you don't. This round there's a clue... it will win all 3 categories and has 3 additional votes. Yes, that's 15 favourite clue points for some lucky person. :)

I'm sorry to hear that. I gave 4 clues each a vote. I thought 2 was very funny and clever, and did vote once for it, but I agree with Gabe, combining the first 4 letters together is a tad chintzy. I could overlook that once, because it was clever, but it would have been more clever to say "OOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWW" for the first word and find words for the other three letters. In the meantime, there were other very good entries that also deserved votes. :)

I'll be seriously surprised if I get even one vote with my mundane, paint by numbers, acro.

You said this about your brilliant Godric Borrell clue. That one won the most votes and I said it might.

I have no problem with the approach taken on clue 2 in terms of accepting it for the gameplay. I just wasn't keen on it creating only 3 words out of a 7 letter acronym.

It doesn't seem I will get that last missing vote today, so I will go on and post the results.

Round 2 Results

1. Outraged, enumerates ones who'll take an epilogue.

Answer: Arya Stark

Author: Fragile Bird

2. OEOW!!!!! TEeTH!!! AGONY! EPiderrrrmisssssss......

Answer: Theon Greyjoy

Author: Castellan

3. Travelling royal survives luckily. Aliases? Infinite really....

Answer: Daenerys Targaryen

Author: Bendubz

4. This respectable shooter lavished award in revelry.

Answer: Anguy the Archer

Author: yomi

5. Terrifying rageful swordsman looked after insidious royalty.

Answer: Sandor Clegane

Author: Ser Fingerbones

6. Only endeavour – officiate; wedded twice already (east)

Answer: Daenerys Targaryen

Author: lil' ghost

7. Orphaned early. Ousted wolf. Travelled around. Emigrated.

Answer: Arya Stark

Author: Woofless

8. Tricky rogue! Succumbed lyingly. Accompanied inheriting runaways.

Answer: Osha (Wildling)

Author: Reek Havoc

9. Troubled? Relax. Shovel. Living is reward.

Answer: Sandor Clegane

Author: Ser Not Appearing

10. "The rhyme says: leek," - an ironborn rambled.

Answer: Theon Greyjoy

Author: a shadow

11. Taken running. Savage lady. Adopts island residence.

Answer: Osha (Wildling)

Author: Lady Blizzardborn

12. Thousands reaped, shafts loosed accurately in rivalry.

Answer: Anguy the Archer

Author: Dolorous Gabe

13. Turns, reels, sees long(ish)sword airmailed into river.

Answer: Joffrey Baratheon

Author: redriver

Points = Guessing points + Author points + Theme points + Favourite clue points. It is always a good idea to check my attempts to calculate something. If you want to see the statistics from the favourite clue voting, go here. I didn't count the points from my clue, since everybody guessed it.

STANDINGS AFTER ROUND TWO:

1. a shadow ... 100

2. Castellan ... 88

3. Dolorous Gabe ... 84

4. Reek Havoc ... 82

5. Lady Blizzardborn ... 81

5. Fragile Bird ... 81

7. Woofless ... 79

8. yomi ... 75

9. Ser Not Appearing ... 68

10. Ser Fingerbones ... 65

11. lil' ghost ... 57

12. Bendubz ... 36

13. redriver ... 30

To just mention some of the exceptional results this round: Ser Not Appearing's clue won all three Favourite clue categories. Congratulations, Ser! redriver and SNA have full author points, an impressive result considering how many people managed to convince themselves that somebody would describe Arya as 'royal' instead of 'resourceful', 'resilient' or 'revengeful'. Fragile Bird, Castellan, Woofless, a shadow, Lady Blizzardborn and Dolorous Gabe guessed all the clues and the theme correctly. Well earned 40 points, guys!

This was a good start in the game, but now things get tough - the characters I have picked for the next three rounds are controversial, mysterious, compelling, hateful, or everything at once. They are definitely some of the most intriguing and vividly written characters in the series. And I can't wait to see your clues for them. Meaning, don't forget the deadline this evening. :)

Well done Ser! I voted for yours because I loved it dearly, obviously, but not 4 times.

Woofless, I voted for yours too. I thought it was better than my Arya clue! I said upthread that we should have a vote for best pair, and I'm convinced we would have won! :D

I also voted for 2, because it was indeed funny and clever.

I can't remember the 4th, because there were several others I really liked and I was going back and forth on which to choose...

ETA: I seriously considered voting for Ser Not's clue twice, because I loved it most of all, but I didn't know if I was confusing that with my love of Sandor, and because, having hosted Acrophobia several times now, I know how every vote encourages people. :)

Archived