AcroPHILIA of The Seven - round four clues

Rhaena Sandship

This section is all about opinions. I personally felt that using the first 4 letters as one word marked 2 down on creativity. Yes it was funny, but I preferred 13 as more creative in achieving humour.

In terms of the quality, clue 1 is the clear and distinct winner for me. A great, great clue.

As I say, we're all going to have differing opinions.

I am really, really flattered, DG. Thank-you! :blushing: :blushing: :blushing: :blushing: :blushing: :blushing:

I am really, really flattered, DG. Thank-you! :blushing: :blushing: :blushing: :blushing: :blushing: :blushing:

I like clues that are vague enough in the wording so as not to give it away easily but also not misleading enough to cause annoyance. I thought yours balanced it perfectly and used "epilogue" cleverly.

I think I voted for yours, redriver's and Reek Havoc's but Ser's was very good and a deserving winner. I actually thought it was too easy for a SNA clue though.

What gave it away?

Everything :ninja:

I liked many clues a lot, certainly better than mine.

My guess for the theme was without being able to account for some of the characters :ninja: It definitely asks for a better level of reading knowing the books than mine :ninja: But of course I like everything about it.

I actually thought it was too easy for a SNA clue though.

It was a case where without the word 'shovel' it was impossible (my first try was both awkward and impossible) but with that word it bordered on too easy. I couldn't think of a clever way to reference him as the gravedigger without 'shovel' and I liked the flow and approach enough that I just went with it.

I voted for SNA for funniest and most creative but I also liked #1 (Outraged...) which had its little ASOIF in-joke about taking an epilogue and read well, so I went for it in the best worded.

I notice that the last time she was online was Tuesday around noon. Yes, it is worrying, but as LB said - Let's hope it's computer problems.

Although she seems pretty savvy with a computer.

I'm going to guess that it's either computer problem or she just hasn't had access to the t'internet (I know that's the the internet, shush), because we all seem to have last seen her online Tuesday morning. I do hope she's okay though

Archived