Are your favorite asoiaf characters even in the books?

johndance

• 1 month later...

All of my faves are in the books as well, but I would really like to get some stories about some past historical characters, Rhaegar, Arthur Dayne to name a few. If we ever get a conclusion to ASOIAF I would like to read about Roberts Rebellion, but that is just wishful thinking.

My favourite is Tyrion by far but there are some historical characters that are talked about that grab my interest. Criston Cole for example, Bittersteel and Bloodraven as well (although Bloodraven is in ASOIAF). I wouldn't go so far as to call them my favourites though.

I don't think I'll never understand this, to be honest. Most of the historical characters have like a paragraph devoted to them and people still prefer them over Arya, Jaime, Theon, Sansa, etc?

Yeah really.

I can understand really liking minor characters like Dolorous Edd or Podrick Payne because at least we get to see them in action, but some random historical character with a few tiny blurbs in some tertiary text probably not even written by GRRM? Come on man.

My claim about Visenya being my favorite character is really based off of a surface level view of everyone. Clearly there isn't enough material about her to put her in the same group as the main characters. Just look at her description though:

She's a Targaryen and wife of Aegon the Conquerer. She's a sorceress and a battle hardened warrior. She wielded the infamous valaryian steel sword 'Dark Sister' and rode the 2nd most famous dragon Westeros has ever known.

Tell me that is not one of the most bad ass characters in the asoiaf world.

I do love Daemon Targaryen. But as people have said, any choice of favourite character that isn't from the book is a bit of a stretch, and I wouldn't put him above some of those from ASoIaF.

Daemon is pretty awesome but we do get to see him in action sort of.

Not trying to be a dick, but my favourite characters in the books are the ones that are most human and most compelling.

Some of them Being: Theon, Jaime and Stannis.

The three of them are just so human, they cannot be labeled just one thing like many other great characters in the books, and we can talk essays and essays of their personalities/motivations/overall personalities of each one of them. I think big-ol' George topped the icing in the cake of his masterpiece with this characters, three characters, as well as many others that feel very human and plausible (Brienne, Tyrion, Victarion, Doran). But i personally think that in 50 years as of now literature students will be making full articles and proyects about these three characters, because there are so many things to talk about them.

Archived