Stallion who Mounts the World?

Based on the infamous letter, it's very obviously Daenerys. If we don't count that letter (there's good reason to do so), then it's less obviously but still strongly in favor of Daenerys.

It's the Mannis, of course. The Stannis who mounts the World. :P

I was under the impression that King's Landing was part of the world. He couldn't even mount that. :P

Prophecies are like a half trained mule! I think blood magic could change the future (ie: the prophecies or visions whatever you want to call them) especially as the only exact and precise prophecies seem to come from the frogs blood magic!

Prophecies are not wrong in this universe. Prophecies and visions and similar are meant to happen. The problem is the interpretation people give to them.

I think that's the purpose of the comet in Clash. People see something in the sky and everybody starts to make assumptions that it means to be about them. While I kinda believe in horoscopes, I once read an experiment about how they work: it's a very good and precise combination of certain words together that make you believe they are talking about you and you alone. It was the same for the comet. Everybody saw what they wanted to see about them. In a way, Joffrey did defeated the Starks, but was the comet for him? It was about the dragons.

Prophecies are the same. Rhaegar moved certain pieces and made certain decisions because he thought it was either him or his son. Yet, him and his older son died. But another child of him was born and survived. And this actions also caused Dany to be conceived. So, no matter what Rhaegar did, the prophecy found a way to fulfil himself.

Based on the infamous letter, it's very obviously Daenerys. If we don't count that letter (there's good reason to do so), then it's less obviously but still strongly in favor of Daenerys.

I was under the impression that King's Landing was part of the world. He couldn't even mount that. :P

They're just upset cause the Stannis is badder than Chuck Norris thread got locked.

Why does this forum put so much stock in the babblings of a bunch of nomads? too damn gullible the lot of you.

Because it's not just the 'civilized' people that can be right about things. Every culture has strengths and probably giant blind spots/misinterpretations of prophecy (case in point, the crone thinking the Stallion was Rhaego when it's Dany). If we're going to treat any prophecy as somewhat valid we have to treat all of them as such.

Where does it say this? I think we are given almost nothing about TPTWP prophecy.

In context, it is clear that TPTWP is a foretold leader and savior. So a leader and savior of what? Presumably, the upcoming battle -- likely against the Others, which I am calling the Battle for the Dawn 2.0 as an unofficial title. I don't mean to assert that it will formally be called that.

I wonder if we even need to worry about the Stallion anymore? It doesn't seem to be the central prophecy of the overall story. But, it has been applied to Dany in a big way, so maybe still relevent. Plus, we leave Dany back in the glasslands with the Dorthraki, so she could become a leader among them...or a prisoner.

I wonder if the Stallion, Azor, the Promised Prince, etc are all the same??

In context, it is clear that TPTWP is a foretold leader and savior. So a leader and savior of what? Presumably, the upcoming battle -- likely against the Others, which I am calling the Battle for the Dawn 2.0 as an unofficial title. I don't mean to assert that it will formally be called that.

No, it is not. There is nothing to suggest that TPtwP is a savior or something except Mel and Aemon equate it to AA and it is AA who is supposed to be a savior again. Considering Mel and Aemon suck at interpreting visions and prophecies, they are most probably wrong about it. Note that TPtwP might still be a savior but it is not a given. George didnot give anything substantial about tPtwP prophecy.

Perhaps the blood of the dragon is a curse that woes the Valyrians and tPtwP will finally manage to cleanse them from this curse.

I suspect the Dosh Kaleen are self-serving crones who were telling the most powerful Khaal what he wanted to hear to curry favor. I don't take their mutterings as true prophecy.

If you're going to doubt them, you might as well doubt all of the cultures equally.

No, it is not. There is nothing to suggest that TPtwP is a savior or something except Mel and Aemon equate it to AA and it is AA who is supposed to be a savior again. Considering Mel and Aemon suck at interpreting visions and prophecies, they are most probably wrong about it. Note that TPtwP might still be a savior but it is not a given. George didnot give anything substantial about tPtwP prophecy.

Perhaps the blood of the dragon is a curse that woes the Valyrians and tPtwP will finally manage to cleanse them from this curse.

Except the special snowflake right? :rolleyes:

We know that when Rhaegar thought he was TPTWP, he decided that he needed to learn to be a warrior. Rhaegar has researched the prophecy quite a bit. While he might no be very good at figuring out who actually is TPTWP, what else is the prince promised for? You can keep up your skeptical attitude in which unless the evidence is 100% iron clad, we know nothing -- but I don't believe that is the proper standard. The suggestions all along that TPTWP will be a savior figure -- and will be part of a team as one of the three heads of the dragon is established to my satisfaction. I understand that your standard of evidence is higher -- so be it. I believe the evidence is more than sufficient.

If you're going to doubt them, you might as well doubt all of the cultures equally.

Not really. The prophecies that we know of are the Ghost of High Heart, MMD, Magi the Frog, and POV dreams/visions. For the prophets other than the Dosh Kaleen I don't see any tangible benefits to any of them to prophecy as they did. For most there was actually a strong motive not to.

Not really. The prophecies that we know of are the Ghost of High Heart, MMD, Magi the Frog, and POV dreams/visions. For the prophets other than the Dosh Kaleen I don't see any tangible benefits to any of them to prophecy as they did. For most there was actually a strong motive not to.

Their prophecy is supported by the Undying:

Beneath the Mother of Mountains, a line of naked crones crept from a great lake and knelt shivering before her, their grey heads bowed.

The Dosh Khaleen don't bow to any khal because they are an authority independent of the khalasars. If they're bowing to Daenerys, it's because she's uniting the Dothraki and taking them all west. So, in short, she's the stallion who mounts the world.

What do you mean MMD? She never gave a prophecy, and she definitely had motive for what she said to Dany as much as the DK would have for their own savior. Every culture has their own story/prophecy about a savior, especially in the mid-eastern parts of Essos.

Their prophecy is supported by the Undying:

The Dosh Khaleen don't bow to any khal because they are an authority independent of the khalasars. If they're bowing to Daenerys, it's because she's uniting the Dothraki and taking them all west. So, in short, she's the stallion who mounts the world.

What he says. Unless you're dismissing the Undying as mutterings too? Something tells me not though, since they're not Dothraki.

I used to think that it was Rhaegal the dragon. I had this theory that dragon eggs need to be "fertilized" with the spirit/blood of someone with "king's blood."

I thought that somehow Dany's baby's spirit went into one egg, Drogon's went into another, and Viserys (or MMD) went into the third. That blood, plus some horse blood, MMD sacrifice, and light the pyre.

Blood and fire! Dragons!

I thought that "the Stallion that Mounts the World, " would be a good way to describe a dragon.

I like the idea that it is Dany, but stallions are male. And it isn't like "dragon" being male or female, because the Dothraki know their horses really well.

Oh, I thought Rhaego's spirit went into Rhaegal, Drogo's spirit went into Drogon, and Viserys spirit went into Viseron. I figured that Dany bonded with Drogon and wound up connecting with him because he was her husband and lover.

Archived