(Spoilers) Vikings Season 3 discussion thread

Mark Antony

No i disagree. i think rollo saw lagertha first and fell in love with her or they had something, but didn't do anything and then ragnar was with her before he said anything to his brother. Hence the inclusion of that story about the 'field' in which ragnar says something like "you go after it rather than getting a wet arse".

Also there was clearly tension between them in season 1, so much so unfortunately Rollo had to let it out on that poor girl. There's clearly history there. It doesn't cheapen anything, but to me it explains a lot of Rollo's behaviour in season 1 and his general attitude and how he was always a little jealous of ragnar

No i disagree. i think rollo saw lagertha first and fell in love with her or they had something, but didn't do anything and then ragnar was with her before he said anything to his brother. Hence the inclusion of that story about the 'field' in which ragnar says something like "you go after it rather than getting a wet arse".

Also there was clearly tension between them in season 1, so much so unfortunately Rollo had to let it out on that poor girl. There's clearly history there. It doesn't cheapen anything, but to me it explains a lot of Rollo's behaviour in season 1 and his general attitude and how he was always a little jealous of ragnar

According to the comic prequel, Rollo wanted her, Ragnar told him forget about it, then went in for the kill against the bear near Lagertha house.

Ouch, Ragnar. So you really feel nothing for Auslaug? That's sad.

Again, with OMG HER FACE

:( Rollo

Ok, props to the makeup department for her face. (I mean...wow)

Boys boys boys!

Lagertha is going to rip Kalf open and feed his organs to the crows. It will be glorious.

See, it's moments like this when I do like Auglaug. A mother who wants her child to stop suffering? Yes, she made a pretty bad choice that was also selfish, but it's not like she didn't have some reasons. Ragnar doesn't exactly treat her well either.

Aww Ragnar and baby.

...okay. Judith's a vampire?

Of course she's pregnant.

"Not the living but the dead"

"We shall attack Paris!" Vikings Collectively Blink in Stupor.

Never sick of a good Ragnar speech

LOVING Lagertha in red!!!

"...and good luck with that." RAGNAR!!! (yeah, I love him)

"Kill the pagans" Oh no!

:( poor little boy

Look at Floki stirring up trouble with Ragnar! Bad, Floki! Bad!

LOL random back flip.

And the Wanderer is Odin. Sorta figured he had to be a god of some sort.

Oh. Ecbert was totally in on all this. Excellent.

What a magnificent bastard!

Also, I'm curious how long its going to be before Ecbert retakes the settlement he gave to the Vikings?

...Didn't take long at all! :cheers:

So, it looks like the plan is to execute Aethulwulf's adulterous wife, and then have him marry Kwen.

Thought that was a pretty great episode even though it was mostly set up, tied in lots of the dangling threads and there was a lot of tension plus Ecberts scene at the end was classic

As civil as Ragnar was being with Kalf for now gotta wonder what will happen when Horiks son comes into play.

When you play the game of thrones, Ecbert wins! This is setting up nicely for an ambush and a certain pit. (but after Paris, I think)

For a moment there I thought Kalf was Ragnar's man from the beginning. Now I am wondering if that's not the reason why Horik's son is still alive. Who has Horik's lands now? I am thinking his son, with Ragnar's permission. The kid makes an alliance with Borg's widow and Kalf, and before you know it they all serve Ragnar.

Btw, I loved what the Seer told Rollo.

I, too, leaned towards Odin, and not Loki, with the Wanderer.

Poor Judith, looks like she is toast next week.

Archived