(Spoilers) Vikings Season 3 discussion thread

Mark Antony

Just binged on all 4 episodes, brilliant so far. IMO it's one of the very rare examples of a show's quality improving with each season.

But damn why did they have to kill my boy Torstein!! The only way it can redeem itself is if they kill off Athelstan that character has always annoyed the shit out of me, get em' Aethelwulf.

I think you are the only one here who hates Athelstan.

Noooooot really, (she whispers).

I don't hate A., but like Justin Bieber, his star might be setting.

Actually, while a I'm still cautious about Athelwulf, thus far, he seems alright, and he seems to legitimately love Judith, so his reaction to the betrayal could be quite epic.

I must say, I would probably be more enthusiastic about the recent developments with Kalf and company if they had chosen another actor to play Horik's son. He's just so scrawny, like a drowned rat (or Bieber). Not very impressive at all.

https://vt.tumblr.com/tumblr_nl66p8aI6M1sufca5_480.mp4

Deleted scene from the last ep :lol:

Is there a place where these deleted scenes are uploaded on a consistent basis? :)

It makes sense to bring Jarl Borg's wife because she and the son presumably inherited Borg's land and soldiers.

Wait, i thought that is decided by the village, or clan, or where ever Borg was from?

I like Athelwulf tbh and while I also like Athelstan it was a dumb move to fuck Judith and kinda hope he dies for it even if it's just for Egberts and Ragnars reactions :lol: :leaving:

He really has done nothing wrong to deserve cockholding or his dad being the worst parent ever in this setup. How Ecbert can think trading Judith for Athelstan( a guy who's purpose dried up when the vikings heads learn Anglo Saxon) for the very high chance Aethelwulf(his heir, right hand, and easily most loyal man) tries to kill them all is a good idea is beyond me.

He really has done nothing wrong to deserve cockholding or his dad being the worst parent ever in this setup. How Ecbert can think trading Judith for Athelstan( a guy who's purpose dried up when the vikings heads learn Anglo Saxon) for the very high chance Aethelwulf(his heir, right hand, and easily most loyal man) tries to kill them all is a good idea is beyond me.

So much agree, I dont really understand Ecberts treatment of Aethelwulf here or his infatuation with Athelstanz

I can't say I care that much about Athelstan, of the main characters he is the one I find least intriguing and worthwhile.

Now about last episode:

- I didn't expect Siggy to die and was sad to see her go. But it was a great scene and beautifully shot, especially when she sank down into the lake. I wonder how Rollo will take this?

- Kwenthrith is really weird.

- Athelstan is totally going to be Alfred the Great's father, right?

- I'm feeling kinda sorry for Athelwulf, he's done no wrong so far and is trying his best to please everyone and he's just getting shit for it.

- Lagertha's unshakeable trust in Kalf makes me think it's all an elaborate set-up. Either that or she's just kind of naive and a little stupid.

- I'm feeling kinda sorry for Athelwulf, he's done no wrong so far and is trying his best to please everyone and he's just getting shit for it.

Yeah, he's one of the characters I'm looking forward the most to see evolve.

- Lagertha's unshakeable trust in Kalf makes me think it's all an elaborate set-up. Either that or she's just kind of naive and a little stupid.

Lagertha has no reason to assume he would, because trying is pretty stupid, Ragnar and her have all the man power, even if you add Horik's son's men( who I imagined largely joined the new king) and Borg's men(who I could have sworn was murdered all over the place last scene) betraying her only promised Bjorn and Ragnar would hunt him down till the end of time.

I really didn't understand the Wanderer being in Siggy's death scene. Was that him, or a hallucination of him, or some kind of magic? Was she alone the whole time? Is the Wanderer evil, or good, and also who the hell is he?

Around the web there is argument he is Loki, which fit the tales he tell.

Archived