TTTNE 452: The Spam Ball.

N/A

My dad and uncles used to give eachother what they called "the manoos" (pronounced mahn - ooze), which is where you would take your dirty underwear and hide it in the other's pillow case. They also ran behind the mosquito pesticide trucks, and played "doo doo stick man" which involves a stick covered on the end with dog feces and a whole different kind of tag.

So yeah they were basically the crew of jackass, and even I hadn't heard of giving someone a cupcake lol

Apparently, "cupcake" is the term used when you fart, cup your hand around it, and open it in the face of the person nearest you.

The thread was on page 2.

Vital information. I'll have to try this sometime.

Hello, everybody!

My downtime is nearly over... =o)

I'm glad to be back.

Long time no see, king :)

Good day, SpamFam! :grouphug: :kiss: I hope you all are doing well.

A special :kiss: for KT and Eira

congratulations Morticia! :cheers:

Just doing a fly-by....

Work is okay - more a distraction from my social life these days. :love:

Home life is great and my new beau is meeting my son and daughter-in-law this Friday.

I agree with first and Koa. I'd really really love to see the end of the story. It was one thing to grow up with Harry potter but ASOIAF has been stretching for almost as long as I live and we still don't see the end. I honestly doubt that I could ask for the last book as my thirtieth birthday present and, man, that's something to say.

Whatever ending HBO has in store for us, I will welcome.

Internet gossip: Twitter kept claiming the other day that GRRM cancelled tons of public appearances because he wants to finish twow. Now I have no idea if he did cancel those appearances and if he indeed canceled them why he cancelled them. Maybe he really wants to wrap up twow because he is tired of the fans' whining or doesn't want to be a decade late to the show ending or caught the same cold Putin did, but this makes want to see the end of the story even more, be that in book or show format.

I do wonder if we ever find out about Jon's parents in the show though, because it's not a topic that was even distinctly kept in focus since episode two of season 1. :dunno:

#IWantMyEpicR+LLoveStory

Yeah, it was true. I read the post on "Not a Blog", but he, at the end, reserved the right to go to those events if he finished the book. Which of course made the internet go crazy, because now everyone has their hopes up that he's almost done with Winds.

As for the Jon parentage thing. Yes, we'll most likely find out about it in the show (I'd say for sure we will). That was in the initial conversation they had with George when they were discussing the HBO series and whether or not they were the right people for the job. He asked them what they thought, smiled, and then told them the whole story when he signed it over to HBO. I've heard this story in several versions on countless GRRM interviews and discussions. They know the main plot points, the twists and turns, and the secrets. Although there will be cuts, so there will still be juicy tidbits throughout the books that aren't in the show, so it will still be a good read.

anyway...

Today is much better than yesterday. My meeting went well. I got my certification (even though it's honestly a lame cert compared to the others I have). All I have left is my career required test on the 30th which I think I'm ready for. Still have to wait on my promotion results too in May or June.

Oh, and the other part of today...I just turned 30. Dirty thirty. Yikes.

So I passed my theory test this time...it turns out that revising helps after all :commie:

Great job! It was my second try at this certification too. Second times the charm, eh? Congrats on passing!

Thanks for the bday wishes King T! :cheers:

Ooh Happy Birthday, Steve!! :cheers:

Congrats on hitting the down hill ;) 30 is not bad though, it's the perfect age.

And great to hear it went well yesterday :)

Congratulations to Starky! Well done you :)

:kiss: Qat! I'm very happy for you. If you like your beau, I'm sure your family will too. Glad that work is starting to feel ok now!

Project bathroom is underway. Contractor is in contact, and now we just need to sort details and dates out, hopefully. With renovation projects it's a bit like gambling, you never know what you'll end up with. The guy is the same that did the kitchen in superspeed and he's a friend of bf, so I think it'll be fine, he knows his stuff. *prays it will get done fast*

I hate the idea of having to go to shower at the parents everyday. I'm lucky to live so close but being the antisocial freak that I am, I do not want to get drawn into conversation with my family every day. I could shower at work I suppose, but I feel even weirder about that.

My grandmother had a fall last night and fractured her foot. Fortunately she wont need a cast. Its still a little frightening/worrying though, as she has only recently got over her uneasiness at leaving the house after her last hospital stay and the loss of my grandad a couple of years ago. We are hoping this wont set her back again.

Anyway, I'll cath the bus over to see her straight from the train station on friday i think. Want to make sure she is.okay, and my Mam is working anyway.

Today is much better than yesterday. My meeting went well. I got my certification (even though it's honestly a lame cert compared to the others I have). All I have left is my career required test on the 30th which I think I'm ready for. Still have to wait on my promotion results too in May or June.

Congrats, and Happy Birthday. :cheers:

Fly by post to drop a :grouphug:

See y'all later spammers.

Hey lovely :grouphug:

Hello, everybody!

My downtime is nearly over... =o)

I'm glad to be back.

Hey my king :D its great to see your post! I missed you!!!!!! :grouphug:

So I passed my theory test this time...it turns out that revising helps after all :commie:

Congratulations! :commie:

For Cat :grouphug: :wub:

Yeah, it was true. I read the post on "Not a Blog", but he, at the end, reserved the right to go to those events if he finished the book. Which of course made the internet go crazy, because now everyone has their hopes up that he's almost done with Winds.

As for the Jon parentage thing. Yes, we'll most likely find out about it in the show (I'd say for sure we will). That was in the initial conversation they had with George when they were discussing the HBO series and whether or not they were the right people for the job. He asked them what they thought, smiled, and then told them the whole story when he signed it over to HBO. I've heard this story in several versions on countless GRRM interviews and discussions. They know the main plot points, the twists and turns, and the secrets. Although there will be cuts, so there will still be juicy tidbits throughout the books that aren't in the show, so it will still be a good read.

anyway...

Happy name day! :D I hope you have a great special day!

Btw if I haven't said it already, welcome to TTTNE

My grandmother had a fall last night and fractured her foot. Fortunately she wont need a cast. Its still a little frightening/worrying though, as she has only recently got over her uneasiness at leaving the house after her last hospital stay and the loss of my grandad a couple of years ago. We are hoping this wont set her back again.

Anyway, I'll cath the bus over to see her straight from the train station on friday i think. Want to make sure she is.okay, and my Mam is working anyway.

This is not good! I hope she's okay! Yeah I hope you get to see her and she gets better! :(

Ow :( I hope she'll mend fast.

In unrelated news my niece is still going by working name Weapon X (or Kim to me). They just can't decide what to name her :rolleyes:

My serious suggestions were Sigrid, Alia, Alina and Elsa... :P My favourite girl name I'm keeping for myself, but I love all of those names. I don't think they'll choose one of my suggestions though. I think she'll simply be Weapon X Kim <last name>

Hey Cora, darling! :grouphug: :D

That's terrible, but it's great you're going to go see her to try and pick her spirits up, wishing you luck!

Happy birthday, Steve.

A hug for your grandmother, Helena.

I am seriously thinking about going back to tap-dancing. I might be crazy, but I really miss it. I did a little researching and found a few dancing schools here. Maybe I will join a class after the Easter holidays.

I kept thinking Easter was this Monday. Turns out is it the Monday after. :bang: Silly me.

Archived