Acrophobia #16 - Updated House Words

yomi

Considering the large amount of entries, I would like to propose these new voting systems starting with round two:

• 1-5 entries: 3 points for your favourite entry
  • 6-10 entries: 3 points for your favourite entry, 2 points for your second favourite entry
  • 11-15 entries: 3 points for your favourite entry, 2 points for your second favourite entry, 1 point for your third favourite entry
  • 16-20 entries: 3 points for your favourite entry, 2 points for your second favourite entry, 1 point each for your third and your fourth favourite entry
  • 21-25 entries: 3 points for your favourite entry, 2 points for your second favourite entry, 1 point each for your third, fourth and fifth favourite entry

What do you think? Do you like the idea? Do you think I should just stay with the current system? Do you like the idea in principal but prefer changes of the details?

Excellent idea! I think this improves the game. Well done, Yomi. :)

ROUND 2

House Arryn

Letters - NJVOYI

There is no explicit mention of winter in the Arryn house words, "As High as Honor", but the change of seasons has an impact on their correctness nevertheless. Ice and snow forced the currently last Arryn to leave the Eyrie, his seat high in the Mountains of the Moon, and descend to the low floor of the Vale. Besides I'm not sure if Lord Sweetrobin has yet understood the meaning of the word honor...

1. Neurosis Justifies Verdict – Own Your Insanity.

2. Naysayers Journey Violently Out Yonder Ingress.

3. Naturally Just: Vale's Offenders Yield Incline.

4. Nobility! Justice! Valour! Our Yodelling’s Impressive.

5. Never Join Vale Opposition. Yikes! Idiots!

6. Never Join! Value Overcautious Yeoman's Isolationism.

7. Never Justifiably Validate Our Youth's Infirmity.

8. Never Join Violence Or You're Imperiled.

9. Nowadays Just Vanity Or Youthful Indulgencies.

10. Nonaggression Just, Violence Objectionable, Yet Impregnable.

11. Never Jaded, Vale Only Yields Indefinitely.

12. Nut Job Vindictive Overlord? Yes! Intimidated?

13. No Justice, Vigilant On Your Insecurities.

14. Nobility, Justice, Valor, Order Yield Invincibility.

It's only 14 entries this time, but I decided to decrease the increment to 4, so being in the range of 13 - 16 entries you get four votes:

Please vote till Sunday, 29th March, 10 pm Central European time.

1. <Submission #> Best house word suggestion -> gets 3 points

2. <Submission #> Second best house word suggestion -> gets 2 points

3. <Submission #> Third best house word suggestion -> gets 1 point

4. <Submission #> Fourth best house word suggestion -> gets 1 point

I'll see if I can stick with this game - it's a good one.

And here's an off the cuff idea for a future game: House Secrets. Every House in ASOIAF has it's secrets - Jon Snow's parentage, the Lannister twin's romance, the Hound's disfigurement etc. I would think there's enough there for a really interest acro game.

my votes

first: 8. Never Join Violence Or You're Imperiled.

second: 14. Nobility, Justice, Valor, Order Yield Invincibility.

third: 1. Neurosis Justifies Verdict – Own Your Insanity.

fourth: 6. Never Join! Value Overcautious Yeoman's Isolationism.

ROUND 3

House Baelish

Letters - WMDH

Do you know the house words of House Baelish? I don't, and I assume most Westerosi do not, either. So, just like the former Master of Coins and new Lord of Harrenhal and Lord Paramount of the Trident has substituted the Titan's head with a mockingbird as his sigil without anyone complaining, I'm certain that nobody will bother if he changes his house words to something he considers suitable, too.

Please submit your new entry till Sunday, 29th March, 10 pm Central European time.

This should be a barrel of laughs!

Round 2 Results

House Arryn

Voting

1. Neurosis Justifies Verdict – Own Your Insanity. Reek Havoc - [1st - Julia, DGabe, rocksniffer], [2nd - lil' ghost, Athena], [3rd or 4th - LadyB, Bendubz, a shadow, hc]
2. Naysayers Journey Violently Out Yonder Ingress. Howlin' Howland - [1st - LadyB], [3rd or 4th - Julia, DGabe, rocksniffer]
3. Naturally Just: Vale's Offenders Yield Incline. Emmit - [1st - FBird], [2nd - a shadow], [3rd or 4th - lil' ghost, LadyB, DGabe]
4. Nobility! Justice! Valour! Our Yodelling’s Impressive. Woofless - [1st - Bendubz, a shadow], [2nd - Castellan, rocksniffer, Lord Lyman], [3rd or 4th - Reek Havoc, Athena]
5. Never Join Vale Opposition. Yikes! Idiots! Lady Blizzardborn
6. Never Join! Value Overcautious Yeoman's Isolationism. rocksniffer - [2nd - Howlin' Howland], [3rd or 4th - Lord Lyman, hc]
7. Never Justifiably Validate Our Youth's Infirmity. Lord Lyman
8. Never Join Violence Or You're Imperiled. Ser Not Appearing - [1st - Lord Lyman, hc, Athena], [2nd - Woofless, DGabe, Bendubz], [3rd or 4th - FBird, lil' ghost, Julia, Reek Havoc, Emmit, H'Howland, Castellan, rocksniffer]
9. Nowadays Just Vanity Or Youthful Indulgencies. Julia H. - [1st - Castellan], [3rd or 4th - Woofless, a shadow, Lord Lyman]
10. Nonaggression Just, Violence Objectionable, Yet Impregnable. Dolorous Gabe - [1st - lil'ghost, Woofless, Emmit, H'Howland], [2nd - Julia], [3rd or 4th - FBird, Castellan]
11. Never Jaded, Vale Only Yields Indefinitely. Bendubz - [2nd - FBird]
12. Nut Job Vindictive Overlord? Yes! Intimidated? Castellan - [2nd - Reek Havoc], [3rd or 4th - H'Howland, Bendubz, Athena]
13. No Justice, Vigilant On Your Insecurities. lil' ghost - [1st - Reek Havoc], [3rd or 4th - Emmit]
14. Nobility, Justice, Valor, Order Yield Invincibility. Fragile Bird - [2nd - LadyB, Emmit, hc], [3rd or 4th - Woofless]

Round 2 Scores

1. Reek Havoc 16+1+1+2+1+3+3+1+1+3+1+2 = 35

2. *Dolorous Gabe 10+1+1+1+3+3+2+3+3+1+4 = 32

3. Ser Not Appearing 4+1+1+1+2+1+1+1+1+2+2+1+1+3+3+3 = 28

4. Julia H. 18+1+1+1+1+3+1 = 26

5. Bendubz 21+1+1+2 = 25

6. Lord Lyman 20+1+1 = 22

7. Emmit 9+1+1+3+1+1+1+2 = 19

8. Howlin' Howland 10+1+1+3+1+1+1 = 18

8. Woofless 2+1+1+1+3+3+2+2+2+1 = 18

10. Castellan 6+1+1+2+1+1+1 = 13

11. Fragile Bird 3+1+1+1+2+2+2 = 12

12. Lady Blizzardborn 6+1+1 = 8

12. rocksniffer 2+1+1+2+1+1 = 8

14. lil' ghost 1+1+1+3+1+1 = 7

15. Faceless Athena 5+1 = 6

16. a shadow 3+1 = 4

17. Ser Fingerbones 3 = 3

18. honeyed chicken 1 = 1

With a strong first and second round, Reek Havoc took the lead. Dolorous Gabe, who won most favorite votes this round, comes on the second place, followed by Ser Not Appearing, who got most points overall this round. The fourth rank goes to Julia H.. Both Bendubz and Lord Lyman, who where first and second last round, had a weaker entry this time and fell back on places five and 6, respectively. A warm welcome to honeyed chicken, who joined the voting this round and handed in an entry for the next.

And check the points. Sums are probably correct, but I might have mixed up some 1st places getting 3 points with some 3rd places getting 1 point, so make sure I got your votes right.

ROUND 3

House Baelish

Letters - WMDH

Do you know the house words of House Baelish? I don't, and I assume most Westerosi do not, either. So, just like the former Master of Coins and new Lord of Harrenhal and Lord Paramount of the Trident has substituted the Titan's head with a mockingbird as his sigil without anyone complaining, I'm certain that nobody will bother if he changes his house words to something he considers suitable, too.

1. Wit Makes Destiny Happen.
2. We Make Duty Honorable.
3. We're Mighty, Dominating Here!
4. Will March, Distinguishing Honor.
5. With Mayhem Derive Honours.
6. Wise Men Destroy "Heroes".
7. Winners. Mockers. Devils. Heisters.
8. We Make Demons Hush.
9. Where Men Dream High.
10. Winning! Mockingbirds Decide History.
11. Wittingly Mocking Despots' Honor.
12. Wily Mockingbird Defies Honor.
13. Wreaking Masterfully Designed Havoc.
14. We Make Death Happen.
15. Withheld Motives, Disguised Honesty.
16. Wisdom Made, Destinies Hopeful!
17. Whispers Make Delicious Havoc.

With 17 entries you get to vot a lot.

Please vote till Friday, 3rd April, 8 am Central European time.

1. <Submission #> Best house word suggestion -> gets 3 points

2. <Submission #> Second best house word suggestion -> gets 2 points

3. <Submission #> Third best house word suggestion -> gets 1 point

4. <Submission #> Fourth best house word suggestion -> gets 1 point

5. <Submission #> Fifth best house word suggestion -> gets 1 point

ROUND 4

House Greyjoy

Letters - DNT

Ok, actually the house words "We Do Not Sow" fit King Euron Greyjoy, who intends to reap Dany's dragons and the Seven Kingdoms, quiet well. Instead of using an other House for this round, I go a bit crackpot though. Let's assume some Greenlander managed to bring Euron's rebellion down and killed the Crowseye because none of his bastards seemed like a good hostage ward. The same Greenlander also got his hands on Theon and decided that this brocken young man made just the perfect puppet lord to rule the Iron Islands according to the Greenlander's wishes. Theon agreed to this because he feared he would be given back to Ramsay otherwise. He has just one tiny plea: You see, the Greyjoy house words, they remind him painfully that he will indeed not sow his seed in any woman ever more. So could he, please, get some new house words?

Please submit your new entry till Friday, 3rd April, 8 am Central European time.

first: 14. We Make Death Happen.

second: 9. Where Men Dream High.

third: 13. Wreaking Masterfully Designed Havoc.

fourth: 1. Wit Makes Destiny Happen.

fifth: 17. Whispers Make Delicious Havoc.

There!

Now I'm up to 3 points. :smug:

#1 1. Wit Makes Destiny Happen.

#2 5. With Mayhem Derive Honours. (good paraphrase of chaos is a ladder)

#3 15. Withheld Motives, Disguised Honesty.

#4 13. Wreaking Masterfully Designed Havoc.

#5 8. We make demons hush.

So hard. My first 'short' list had ten on it.

First 9. Where Men Dream High.

Second 10. Winning! Mockingbirds Decide History.

Third 13. Wreaking Masterfully Designed Havoc.

Fourth 1. Wit Makes Destiny Happen.

Fifth 17. Whispers Make Delicious Havoc.

Archived