Peter F. Hamilton's The Void Trilogy

Werthead

That's hopefully true, unless Dany decides to redecorate her new palace.

I'm hoping Hamilton has left the property development plotline behind, although I know it's too much to hope for that he's left the bad sex scenes behind as well.

C'mon, it wouldn't be Hamilton without at least one mildly embarassing sex scene in the book before the decent stuff kicks back in. It's nearly his writing signature.

I'm hoping Hamilton has left the property development plotline behind, although I know it's too much to hope for that he's left the bad sex scenes behind as well.

SPOILER: Property development

Well, now that Araminta knows she's the Second Dreamer, I imagine she'll have more important things to worry about than selling apartments.

BTW, I have this strange feeling that Aaron will turn out to be one of the main characters from the Commonwealth Saga. Also, what exactly did the Cat do on Far Away with the clans?

SPOILER: Property development

Well, now that Araminta knows she's the Second Dreamer, I imagine she'll have more important things to worry about than selling apartments.

BTW, I have this strange feeling that Aaron will turn out to be one of the main characters from the Commonwealth Saga. Also, what exactly did the Cat do on Far Away with the clans?

SPOILER: Property Development
I'm just waiting for Araminta to have a dream revealing the cheap price of land inside the Void and the large number of buildings there that could benefit from some tasteful modernisation ;)

As for Aaron, it has been discussed a bit on the PFH forum and there don't seem to be any obvious candidates from the main characters that fit all the hints (for example, there's a dream about riding one of the Charlamagne horses that the clans ride, suggesting he might be a former clansman from Far Away).

As for Aaron, it has been discussed a bit on the PFH forum and there don't seem to be any obvious candidates from the main characters that fit all the hints (for example, there's a dream about riding one of the Charlamagne horses that the clans ride, suggesting he might be a former clansman from Far Away).

My original (and very very crazy) theory was that he was Ozzie, but that got shot down by the timeline in the back of the book.

A plot synopsis for The Temporal Void:

From one of the world's bestselling Science Fiction writers...

The Intersolar Commonwealth is in turmoil as the Living Dream’s deadline for launching its Pilgrimage into the Void draws closer. Not only is the Ocisen Empire fleet fast approaching on a mission of genocide, but also an internecine war has broken out between the post-human factions over the destiny of humanity. Countering the various and increasingly desperate agents and factions is Paula Myo, a ruthlessly single-minded investigator, beset by foes from her distant past and colleagues of dubious allegiance...but she is fast losing a race against time.

At the heart of all this is Edeard the Waterwalker, who once lived a long time ago deep inside the Void. He is the messiah of Living Dream, and visions of his life are shared by, and inspire billions of humans. It is his glorious, captivating story that is the driving force behind Living Dream’s Pilgrimage, a force that is too strong to be thwarted. As Edeard nears his final victory the true nature of the Void is finally revealed.

Link.

• 2 weeks later...

Hamilton's latest blog post. He talks about revising The Temporal Void - a very small task, thankfully - and his book tour in the USA, culminating in Comicon. Cool stuff.

The funniest bit was him visiting the SF Museum in Seattle and discovering copies of his books in a display case completely at random. He was then able to wrangle a special tour of the facility. Awesome.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived