U.S. Politics - Netanyahu and Boehner OTP

TerraPrime

Why weirdly? Why would anyone with any memory at all trust a republican witchhunt against the Clintons after the last dozen?

We been down this road before. I'll believe it when there's something concrete.

It depends what you mean. If your point is that there's no good reason yet to think that this derails Clinton's campaign, I'd agree. But if you think this doesn't have some "where there's smoke there's fire" potential, I'd disagree. It is a problematic sign at the least. And I think if you reverse the parties it would seem shady as fuck.

It absolutely smacks to me of a sense of entitlement and complacency that is even more bizarre considering that she's obviously known she's been running since forever.

It depends what you mean. If your point is that there's no good reason yet to think that this derails Clinton's campaign, I'd agree. But if you think this doesn't have some "where there's smoke there's fire" potential, I'd disagree. It is a problematic sign at the least. And I think if you reverse the parties it would seem shady as fuck.

It absolutely smacks to me of a sense of entitlement and complacency that is even more bizarre considering that she's obviously known she's been running since forever.

I don't think there's any "where there's smoke there's fire" going on here because the GOP has been pointing at any random cloud in the sky yelling "SMOKE!!!!" over the Clintons for over 2 decades now. Sorry, there are no benefits in my doubts for this shit anymore.

Generally, this doesn't smack of entitlement or complacency, it smacks of "this is normal" (which is true as far as we know) and a certain level of per-emptive defence (which is totally understandable and justified given history).

I'm no lawyer, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn.

I think the whole email thing is bad business. Even if there's nothing incriminating, why get rid of them? I'm not as upset about the personal server. What I find harder to believe is that no one knew about her private email and server. I think people knew and it just wasn't that big of a deal.

I love that entry. I agree. I dont even need to read it

I don't think there's any "where there's smoke there's fire" going on here because the GOP has been pointing at any random cloud in the sky yelling "SMOKE!!!!" over the Clintons for over 2 decades now. Sorry, there are no benefits in my doubts for this shit anymore.

Generally, this doesn't smack of entitlement or complacency, it smacks of "this is normal" (which is true as far as we know) and a certain level of per-emptive defence (which is totally understandable and justified given history).

Pre-emptive defense in what sense? The GOP will slam me therefore I should get rid of official emails?

Pre-emptive defense in what sense? The GOP will slam me therefore I should get rid of official emails?

Pre-emptive defence in the sense of making sure you have control over the security of your own communications.

And there's not yet any hard evidence she got rid of any official emails since her ... camp I guess claims that they turned over everything to the state department like they were supposed to.

Commodore - I think there's something to this Clinton email stuff as I touched on before, and I think some of my liberal compadres are being weirdly dismissive of it.

But switching gears, I have another question for you. Do you like Mark Levin? This Mark Levin?

It's such a stupid tactic by the left. "Hey, you often agree with what this guy says, now answer for this other outrageous thing this guy said!" Conor Friedersdorf is part of a cottage industry of "conservatives" that get paid by left media to trash their own side (David Brooks, Kathleen Parker, Michael Gerson, etc). Useful idiots for the left to quote and interview (Fox News has a few of these stooges for the other side).

Writing an article about Ted Cruz and then trying to tar him with what some radio host said is a pathetic attempt at guilt by association. He wouldn't dare let Cruz's words stand on their own. Should we start attaching Ed "multiple suspensions" Schultz transcripts to articles about Elizabeth Warren?

I like Levin's books. I like what his legal foundation has done for the cause of individual liberty. I don't care for his personality or his radio show.

Its more like, Ted Cruz yells. Mark Levin yells. If you like Cruz defend Levin. Also defend Lucy Ricardo and the woman from Psyco

You're comparing Ted Cruz (or almost any politician) to one of the greatest comic characters of all time?

What an insult to the one with red hair. :)

It's such a stupid tactic by the left. "Hey, you often agree with what this guy says, now answer for this other outrageous thing this guy said!" Conor Friedersdorf is part of a cottage industry of "conservatives" that get paid by left media to trash their own side (David Brooks, Kathleen Parker, Michael Gerson, etc). Useful idiots for the left to quote and interview (Fox News has a few of these stooges for the other side).

I know it's confusing, since you are normally sold a false bill of goods, but Friedersdorf is what someone who actually cares about individual civil rights looks like.

Levin's thing seems to be to try to make Rush look like a cuddly, carnival barker by comparison. Mark Levin is for the white, usually Christian, American male who is angry as Hell and not going to take it anymore. The it doesn't matter. In fact, the outrage itself seems to be the thing. Tribal rage packaged as con-con stuff. And the only thing that could possibly make the Levin listener more angry would be to suggest to them that maybe they shouldn't be so angry.

Writing an article about Ted Cruz and then trying to tar him with what some radio host said is a pathetic attempt at guilt by association. He wouldn't dare let Cruz's words stand on their own. Should we start attaching Ed "multiple suspensions" Schultz transcripts to articles about Elizabeth Warren?

I like Levin's books. I like what his legal foundation has done for the cause of individual liberty. I don't care for his personality or his radio show.

I like Friedersdorf, but you are spot-on here. Concern trolling seems to be his main function

Archived