GRRM confirms we're seeing... [spoilers for tWoW]

Hope it will be Samwell :)

But in one Icelandic paper today it was said from Vanity Fair:

Back in January, Martin’s publisher said she had “no information on likely delivery” of The Winds of Winter, prompting most to conclude that there would be no new book at all in 2015. But Martin has since cancelled several upcoming public appearances at conventionsin order to finish Book 6, even teasing that he might finish as early as this summer a.k.a. “before these cons roll round.” Meaning we might get Book 6 before Season 6. Maybe.

You seen it?

From the existing POVs, I think Sam has the greatest chances to visit Highgarden:

I suspect we'll witness sack of Citadel by Eurons forces and the survivors will escape to Highgarden (Could be vice-versa though) but I guess burning of centuries old books at the citadel by Ironborn "barbarians" would make more compelling scene than just a fall of a beautiful castle.

:agree:

I'd like that too. Besides going to Highgarden, it's a great way to have Sam out of the Citadel quickly, which is quite a big problem since he can't get his chain in 2 months and he'd never leave by his own choice without before having fulfilled his duty to Jon.

Either as a survivor or as a captive, this can totally be a good way to have him move - not before having found out more about the Maege, AlleraS and the dragons, of course.

lol, poor Margaery, talk about the black widow

Wonder if they'll try and marry her to Myrcella....

They will, sure.

According to the book, she has no problem with having sex with his husband and his brother, so why should she mind such a good looking girl? The only problem is how they manage to father a heir! XD

what a spoiler... :bang:

Never trust the Red Beard! :lol:

If Aegon invades Kings Landing, then the Cersei could flee to Highgarden with the Tyrell army.

I tthink she would go to the rock. She is completely crazy at this point and hate the Tyrells. If she flees the only logical place I think she can retreat to is the Rock. However I could see her taking Tyrell army with her to the Westerlands if she could somehow get that to happen

My bet is that we'll see it through Sam. To a lesser extent, Aeron as I don't see why he'd go to Highgarden now, but anything can happen towards the end of the book.

Did he say 'I can't wait to write it'? As in, it hasn't started yet?

He said that he has written more than 1000 pages already, so being optimistic, Highgarden might be featured at the end of the book.

My bet is that we'll see it through Sam. To a lesser extent, Aeron as I don't see why he'd go to Highgarden now, but anything can happen towards the end of the book.

He said that he has written more than 1000 pages already, so being optimistic, Highgarden might be featured at the end of the book.

Just watched his appearance at the 20 minute mark in the video and didn't hear him say anything about the 1000 pages. Does he say it later or did that come from another source?

No, it's really a fine example. It illustrates that the difficulty of writing a chapter has an effect on when he writes it.

Another example: He outlines Tyrion chapters, and comes back to them several times to 'perfect' his witty banter.

Also, Blue Tiger was correct when he speculated GRRM does write POVs in chunks, at least to some degree. I don't recall specific examples for this one, but I'm pretty confident he's said that before in interviews. He said something about that process making it easier to 'stay in the head' of his POVs.

I think he said that he writes several chapters about one POV in row, since that help him 'stay in the head' of some POV. I think journalist asked him does he write his POV chapters in order, and that was his answer.

But I don't remember well, actually.

I would also love to see the source for this information. This isn't something I've heard. I'm skeptical, but I would LOVE for it to be correct.

It could be the epilogue chapter and is told from a new POV. The Queen of Thorns would be amazing, although I'd be sad to see her die.

But, yeah, Sam is probably the one that we see it through. He is the only POV in the Reach right now.

People have twisted the GRRM statement about new POV characters. He never said there wouldn't be new POV characters. He said there wouldn't be new *characters* as POVs. Therefore, a Tyrell could be the HG POV and live.

(mind you, they could also be the HG POV and die, but I digress)

Archived