College Basketball - 2015 Tournament - And that's why you play the games!

RedEyedGhost

Well, Kentucky, Duke and Wisconsin are going to lose everyone, and Michigan State is just terrible, so we should see some new faces in the final four next year. Virginia brings everybody back, and will probably be preseason #1. Gonzaga looks like they'll be good again. Wichita St. looks like they bring most people back. Iowa State and Oklhaoma both bring most of their guys back. Maryland appears to be bringing most back.

Well, Kentucky, Duke and Wisconsin are going to lose everyone, and Michigan State is just terrible, so we should see some new faces in the final four next year. Virginia brings everybody back, and will probably be preseason #1. Gonzaga looks like they'll be good again. Wichita St. looks like they bring most people back. Iowa State and Oklhaoma both bring most of their guys back. Maryland appears to be bringing most back.

I wasn't going to bring it up... but since you already did.

ESPN's Early Top 25 Preseason poll slots Kentucky as the number one team. :thumbsup:

:lol:

ETA: While I'm at it, might as well update the all time wins count.

Kentucky > 2,178

Kansas > 2,153

North Carolina > 2,140

ESPN's Early Top 25 Preseason poll slots Kentucky as the number one team. :thumbsup:

Kentucky is #1, despite losing all 5 starters and having absolutely no clue who will be on the roster. Makes sense.

Kentucky has been a top 2 or 3 team when they have two things happen: Bring in 4-5 top 10 caliber recruits AND return players with lottery talent. Neither one of those things is lined up yet.

Kentucky is #1, despite losing all 5 starters and having absolutely no clue who will be on the roster. Makes sense.

Kentucky has been a top 2 or 3 team when they have two things happen: Bring in 4-5 top 10 caliber recruits AND return players with lottery talent. Neither one of those things is lined up yet.

Vegas pegs UK at 8-1. UNC at 9-1. UVA at 10-1.

Don't ask me to explain it... I just read it.

The courtside monitor review showed it's weakness. Small screen, weird lighting. As silly as the NFL's hood is, it is a much better way for the ref to see the replay clearly.

In defense of the refs, it was just a brush and amazingly the ball's spin was barely altered. I don't think that call was as egregious as some others. The OOB was inexcusable.

And another is that apparently the options to view they had did not include the view that folks at home had - the head of officials has stated they didn't have that view.

Incomplete view

ETA: While I'm at it, might as well update the all time wins count.

Kentucky > 2,178

Kansas > 2,153

North Carolina > 2,140

CBS has UVA at 1, UNC 2 and UK 3.

what's also impressive about those teams (and Duke as the only teams over 2000 wins) is that it isn't just a function of time - they're the only schools with win percentages over .700.

I think he's selling my one time drinking buddy Kyle Ollie short at the wrong time. The Huskies will be ranked next year, at the least.

Roy must be big on sentimental gestures that go largely unnoticed.

Earlier this season he began a game in 4 corners offense in honor of Dean Smith. Barely anyone noticed.

Barely anyone noticed?!!? It lead SportsCenter and was talked about on ESPN radio multiple times. (Which is a lot for a non-football story.)

Barely anyone noticed?!!? It lead SportsCenter and was talked about on ESPN radio multiple times. (Which is a lot for a non-football story.)

I guess people noticed later then.

no one in the crowd noticed and the announcers during the game didn't say anything.

ESPN is pretty shitty all around as an entity so i rarely tune in unless I'm in situations where I'm forced to, (like listening to Colin Cowturd in my boss' office) I often miss whatever it is they decide is hype worthy at the moment.

I really think this is the year Kansas's conference title ends. Probably should have happened this year, as this was the first time in quite a while tehy weren't the best team in the league. They will need a crazy strong finish to recruitign, and have those guys ready to contribute.

I think he's selling my one time drinking buddy Kyle Ollie short at the wrong time. The Huskies will be ranked next year, at the least.

Is that Kevin Ollie's brother?

Missing out on Diamond Stone hurt but Hamilton is gonna be a stud and hopefully Purvis can get a little more consistant. I'm not expecting much but those are the years where Uconn likes to prove everyone wrong.

I find how relatively close these winning programs are in wins to be crazy.

And how they've gotten there - it isn't just accumulation by duration - those three and Duke are the only schools in the top 50 in wins with a win percentage over .700.

And how they've gotten there - it isn't just accumulation by duration - those three and Duke are the only schools in the top 50 in wins with a win percentage over .700.

And that's nuts to think about! (And at the rate the Duke is going, it will likely surpass UNC.)

Kentucky has a press conference for 2:30 tomorrow for all the players "who are ready to announce their decision." In years past, that's been everyone that's going to go... but that quote seems a bit incomplete to me. Like it may be that there are a couple others still sorting things out. :dunno:

On the upside, Skal Labissiere has been the talk of the Nike Hoops Summit and is apparently the frontrunner for the number one pick next year. (Assuming he is eligible that is...)

And that's nuts to think about! (And at the rate the Duke is going, it will likely surpass UNC.)

You've just got to hold out for a few more years... It remains to be seen if Duke can sustain past Coach K. Will they be a Kansas/Kentucky and get a capable hire after their legendary coach leaves? Or will they be a UCLA and flounder from coach to coach?

Archived