What Does Jaime's Duck Mean? (Season Five Hint)

Lord Fauntleroy

Yeah on second thought its definitely a random joke probably meaning nothing. He probably has no idea how significant a duck to us book readers or what we think about when he showed it. He could have chose any other random animal and we would have thought of something actually lol

lol and like NCW knows who some random like rolly duckfield is

hell i bet even D&D don't know who that is

Sadly I doubt this is a hint towards the (IMO vital) inclusion of Young Griff given every other sign points to the contrary.

In which case I'd like to know the motivation for this stunt, given the inevitable effect, and whatsmore who authorised it.

As a book reader I'm perfectly prepared to accept cuts for TV purposes but rubbing our faces in it (should that be the case) just isn't cricket.

I read this on reddit

I think there are probably 3 possibilities.

1. He tells Myrcella to duck and she doesn't get killed.
  2. Duck, the character is introduced, as Aegon VI is actually cast and Duck is with him.
  3. Bronn gets killed because he doesn't duck (this makes no sense).

Makes sense to me!

I imagine the same social media people who trolled the fanbase with "the sight" videos gave poor NCW that duck and went all 'say this, it will be fun'.

I always assume that, while some actors haven't read the books, they have friends or friends's children who have, and then they go and ask him "omg, does this mean we're having Rolly Duckfield and the Griffins?!" and NCW is all "what??".

Archived