Vikings VI: On to Frankia

Buckwheat

Lets see if Hirst delivers the goods these final 2 episodes. Please remember that I was a huge fan of the show and have been watching since DAY 1 when the very first episode aired. I've been an advocate for this show and have gotten all my friends on board with it.

As have I.

:rolleyes:

ANYWAY

Posting the promo for next week cause it look amaaaaaazing

It is blocked me in my country... Canada... a Canadian show is blocked....in Canada....

I was half-expecting Ragnar to go all incognito and sneak into the city Odin-style and go all Odysseus on 'em. I figured that's why he was walking around with a robe and stick. Yet covered or not, he'd still be too badass among the Franks to go unnoticed.

I was half-expecting Ragnar to go all incognito and sneak into the city Odin-style and go all Odysseus on 'em. I figured that's why he was walking around with a robe and stick. Yet covered or not, he'd still be too badass among the Franks to go unnoticed.

So glad he didn't do that.

I'm still wondering if that might happen this season.

Another really nice review of the episode and I especially agree with this part:

However, my favorite moment of the episode belongs to Ragnar (of course). After spending most of the battle watching from afar, Ragnar took inspiration from his son Bjorn's leadership, flew up a ladder, and started cracking French heads on top of the wall. But just for a moment, he looked beyond the fighting and caught an unimpeded glimpse of Paris, this mysterious land that Athelstan left him enamored with. Ragnar's curiosity about the world is my favorite aspect of his character, his peek at the City of Light was fulfilling for both him and for us. Tiny moments like that one mean so much to his character, and they're just as important as anything else he does.

That was my favorite part of the episode as well, and as usual Travis did such a great job in a scene where he didn't even need to speak.

And one more time...

Wardruna - Rotlaust Tre Fell (Rootless Tree Falls): https://youtu.be/0I1Onxf2VwQ

EEEEE!

You can never have too much Wardruna.

Truth.

Completely superficial but I wonder if the actors hate having the hair styles they have. I can't figure out if Lagertha is wearing a crap ton of hair pieces, a wig or her own hair. But every time she's on screen I wince a bit because part of me really hopes to hell she has a lot of detangler and a wet brush. Yikes.

This is Ragnar's first season of hair that might keep him from getting noticed everywhere. And poor Floki ... He's got nothing but patches.

Edited because autocorrect is shit.

I think most of Lagertha's hair is extensions. It looks really heavy too. Man, Ragnar's undercut from the first two seasons nutted me up so bad. (i still hate Bjorn's undercut) I just...have a problem with undercuts. Floki's hair is basically that of the actor's, just grown out a bit. In just about every shot of Gustaf Skarsgard ive seen (where hes just all normal), hes wearing a hat. Poor guy got the pattern baldness early.

Ffs.

You do get that Vikings is not GoT right? They are on different networks? With different budgets? With different directors? Different visionaries? And that saying "Paris wasn't their best battle" and then following that up by comparing the Paris battle to GoT battle--when someone dares to disagree with you--just makes you look like someone who is deliberately trying to cause problems...you get this right?

No joke. Not only that, but its spamming since theres only like one sentence in that guy's posts. Vikings is not GoT. GoT is not Vikings.

I wonder if that may actually wind up Bjorn's job. If they still do the legendary ploy with sneaking in as a corpse in monk's robes. Odo and Gisla got too good a look of Ragnar for that kind of ploy to work if he did it. So what if Bjorn gets to do it?

That would be so much cheese if that happens. Please no.

Oh for fucks sake. Do you ever have anything meaningful to add? Nevermind that the ploy appears in the bloody sagas. (not Paris, but Bjorn does pose as a dead monk.) Its cheese cuz you say so? You dont even know your history.

Oh for fucks sake. Do you ever have anything meaningful to add? Nevermind that the ploy appears in the bloody sagas. (not Paris, but Bjorn does pose as a dead monk.) Its cheese cuz you say so? You dont even know your history.

Lol at the gif i'll give you that. Also lol at the history part though. Hirst has played fast and loose with it so spare me.

Lol at the gif i'll give you that. Also lol at the history part though. Hirst has played fast and loose with it so spare me.

I just dont know how many times one has to say "get off my fucking lawn" before it sinks in.

Is Gaahl still in Wardruna, or is he off being all dark and mysterious somewhere else? :P

I think so. Of late, all ive seen is Einar, but according to a friend of mine, Gaahl is still accounted for.

I just dont know how many times one has to say "get off my fucking lawn" before it sinks in.

I think so. Of late, all ive seen is Einar, but according to a friend of mine, Gaahl is still accounted for.

Still kind of mad that Gaahl left Gorgoroth, but Wardruna is really great.

Ehh i was never that big a fan of Gorgoroth. I do have a friend who is a casual acquaintance of Einar's.

Floating Floki Head.

Slightly jealous. He seems like a chill dude. I'm a big fan of his take and performance of Voluspa (among other things), and I hope it'll make it into the official soundtrack or - more likely, Wardruna's next album.

It was really cool seeing him in the show. Surprised they didn't put him in earlier. I hope he didn't die in the raid on Paris, haha.

EEEEE!

Truth.

I think most of Lagertha's hair is extensions. It looks really heavy too. Man, Ragnar's undercut from the first two seasons nutted me up so bad. (i still hate Bjorn's undercut) I just...have a problem with undercuts. Floki's hair is basically that of the actor's, just grown out a bit. In just about every shot of Gustaf Skarsgard ive seen (where hes just all normal), hes wearing a hat. Poor guy got the pattern baldness early.

No joke. Not only that, but its spamming since theres only like one sentence in that guy's posts. Vikings is not GoT. GoT is not Vikings.

I wonder if that may actually wind up Bjorn's job. If they still do the legendary ploy with sneaking in as a corpse in monk's robes. Odo and Gisla got too good a look of Ragnar for that kind of ploy to work if he did it. So what if Bjorn gets to do it?

So there is a name for that awfulness. An undercut.

Had no idea it was an actual thing.

I think if I were Gustaf I would just shave my head. But the unkept look works for Floki.

I'm dying for them to get back to Wessex. Someone needs to save Athelstans love child.

Archived