Casting, News, and Speculation while waiting on Season 5 (Book & Show Spoilers)

Lady Fevre Dream

If Olenna doesn't appear until 505 presumably, why would she be a series regular if her first appearance is that late in the season. I know in Season 2, Tywin didn't appear until 4 episodes in, but he was in every episode after that. I don't think Olenna will really be featured in more than 4 episodes because in the books, she returns back to Highgarden after Tommen and Margaery's wedding, but I guess her role will be expanded based on what happens to Margaery and Loras.

^ And based on LF showing up in KL?

Yeah. Littlefinger arriving in KL and encountering Lancel, Olenna walking through the trashed whorehouse, and Loras's trial by the High Sparrow should all be around the same time. I assume the scene where Cersei confronts Margaery and her handmaidens (the one from the promo photos) takes place before that.

Yeah. Littlefinger arriving in KL and encountering Lancel, Olenna walking through the trashed whorehouse, and Loras's trial by the High Sparrow should all be around the same time.

Ooh, can we speculate on how Loras' trial ends? Does Marge get arrested as well, or is Loras entirely show Marge in this regard?

This season has a lot of genderswapping, it seems. Trystane <--> Arianne, Loras <--> Marge.

That said, I do hope that Loras subs for Randyll Tarly as a commander next season.

So Dorne needs something big as its the new area this season, what will be the ending scene/Fire and Blood Equivalent?

So what do you gies think will be Dorans reveal?

Who will he reveal it to?

What relevance will it be to the overall story?

I thought about this back when the rumors started building that Trystane would be Aegon. I didn't think it was a real possibility at the time, but since Tyrion won't be doing the magical boat ride down Book!Rhonye... it's the most likely option for Aegon still existing in the story.

Will it happen? I don't know, but here's how I could see it playing out.

You've got a focus on a love story, and possibly people being locked up for weeks in solitary confinement. Trystane would also have to have his hair dyed black his entire life in order to mask his Targaryen features.

After the priosners are released, it's most likely our Dorne-crossed lovers will reunite and they kiss, etc. Myrcella will be playing with Trystane's hair, which hasn't been tended to by Doran's servants for a few weeks. Myrcella will be messing through it when she is startled. His roots are blond. Trystane hasn't noticed and examines it in a mirror. He is totally confused.

He tells Myrcella that he doesn't know why, and maybe he comes to the conclusion the Sandsnakes have slipped him some kind of poison. He excuses himself from Myrcella to see Doran. He demands to know about this; he's irrate. Maybe Doran is talking to Ellaria at the time and he gets mad at her aswell since they're her daughters.

Doran asks him to take a seat and calm down. He gives a long speech about all his plans, how he had to keep things from everyone - even his brother. He's been making preparations all these years. They demand him to come clean. "What do you really want?" "Vengance, Justice, Fire and Blood." Then he tells Trystane it's time he learned the truth.

*Cut*

We don't learn what happens. It's later revealed by Varys in King's Landing to conclude S5.

VARYS: The realm needs its rightful ruler, someone beloved by millions with the right family name.

KEVAN: This... you killed me for this dragon Queen?

VARYS: Daenerys? Oh, who said anything about HER? ... When Tywin Lannister appeared at the gates of King's Landing to murder Rhaegar's children and end Robert's Rebellion, I knew what would happen, and I made sure that it did not. Everyone thought the Mountain murdered the boy, but I swapped the babe for another. He lives, and now it is HIS time to return - The King of the Andals and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, and Protector of the Realm - the sixth of his name, Aegon. Targaryen...

*Cut to Elephants on parade. Trystane has blond hair and is riding on an elephant. He is wearing black armor with a large Targaryen dragon on the front. He pulls out a Valayrian steel sword and holds it at his side as he rides towards a castle.*

*End Season.*

Maybe, maybe not. I don't know, but it's a possibility.

*Cut to Elephants on parade. Trystane has blond hair and is riding on an elephant. He is wearing black armor with a large Targaryen dragon on the front. He pulls out a Valayrian steel sword and holds it at his side as he rides towards a castle.*

Gods, I hope not. The 'who said anything about HER?' is especially atrocious.

Gods, I hope not. The 'who said anything about HER?' is especially atrocious.

Welp, they burned "Who said anything about HIM" into people with the first trailer. It's the logical flip around for a reveal if Aegon is in.

Welp, they burned "Who said anything about HIM" into people with the first trailer. It's the logical flip around for a reveal if Aegon is in.

Yeah, but it's the context. The "HIM" is figurative. The "HER" is a concrete person. It sounds so utterly dismissive it's... well, it's bad writing unless you want to make everyone think that Varys is an idiot (given how this speech would be superposed timewise with Dany flying).

For the record, I think that all secret Targs except Jon are out, and Trystane will go to war in Myrcella's name.

My question is this: if they do somehow sneak Aegon, JonCon, and LSH into the show, how long do you figure it will take before the book fans ['purists'] freak out about how they got the characters 'wrong', or they screwed up the fan fave lines/dialogue?

You know, like the issues book fans ['purists'] have had with Cat, Brienne, Jaime, Cersei, Dany, etc.

My question is this: if they do somehow sneak Aegon, JonCon, and LSH into the show, how long do you figure it will take before the book fans freak out about how they got the characters 'wrong', or they screwed up the fan fave lines/dialogue?

About the time it takes to post, is my estimate.

My other question is: Doran made a point about stating (in the book) that he knows everything that goes on in Dorne. He was (obviously) alive during Robert's Rebellion. Is he going to mention the fact that 3 Kingsguard died at the end of the rebellion? That a certain Northern lady died in Dorne at the end of the rebellion? My mind is bursting with questions.

Sad to say that when I saw your moniker, I was expecting her to be your avatar? :lol:

I've been a fan of Rose Leslie since Downton Abbey, so my expectation is not to be considered a snub, in anyway. :cheers:

And your new member title? Love it. Go Team Olly! :bowdown:

I suffered through ten minutes of the crapfest that is the Irish Late Late Show to watch Liam Cunningham. Nothing about S5 what a shocker (they even played Stannis and Davos talking to Mance and Jon in 4.10 as the "Season 5 preview") but there was a lot of talk about beards and how he has to turn down work because he can't take clean shaven roles :D He says he has to start really growing it out around the end of April. Of course he could be keeping the beard to throw us off the scent but I'm confident enough he will be in S6. He also said S6 might start filming in June this year

... So, if there is someone here who used to participe in the Lady Stoneheart thread, why was that one locked? There's no spoilers or leaks over there. We were just talking about a character we like, and there's no sense talking about her on other threads because nobody seems to care a lot about her anyway. I understand the mods' reasons for locking and deleting threads (some people were even banned from the forum?) but that one was fine. Now I will have to cry over Catelyn's non-reanimated corpse in this one :(

Archived