Casting, News, and Speculation while waiting on Season 5 (Book & Show Spoilers)

Lady Fevre Dream

I wonder about that nasty scene Iwan Rheon talked about. If we combine it with shocking stuff Carice and Liam mentioned and with Sansa getting married to Ramsey. Maybe we wil get that wedding night afterall.....

Now you may argue that D+D would not do that to Sophie, but that scene does not require a nudity, its very psychological scene, and it could be the point where Reek will become Theon again. Sophie talked about her scene where crew members cried. She said its traumatic just 6/10 on scale, but remember she had fun to play attempted rape in the season 2, so for her it would be far less traumatic then for others involved.

if I had to guess it could be the wedding night scene. The scene is critical to the development of theon. It's the moment he starts to hate ramsay again. It is the only really terrible stuff I could see Rheon being uncomfortable about. Considering all the terrible stuff he has done already.

Wow, he looks really great in that shot. Pleased to hear how big he is going to be too.

Also, he almost looks as though he is grinning in that shot :P

I remember the first time we saw the dragons, back when they were born. We were all like 'awwww, I want one!' Now, not so much. :uhoh:

Oh, I agree. But, Ramsay? It's gotta happen, if the gods have any sense of justice. Here's a funny bit from an Unsullied (obviously not a Stannis fan, but still...)

:P

Hahaha, I love it :lol:

Hilarious Unsullied are still the best Unsullied!

Though, nothing will ever top this comment from last year -> http://www.funnyjunk.com/What+game+of+thrones+feels+like+worth/funny-pictures/5177774/

That was the best reaction post an Unsullied ever wrote, I'm still laughing about stuff like "Dany playing Judge Judy in a pyramid" or "Tywin moonwalking away" or "Stannis' and Davos' plans get fucked up like Pinky and the Brain" :lmao:

I can totally see Walder Frey dying peacefully in his sleep. I kind of want it to happen that way too.

I'm sure to 94% exactly this ^ will happen!

if I had to guess it could be the wedding night scene. The scene is critical to the development of theon. It's the moment he starts to hate ramsay again. It is the only really terrible stuff I could see Rheon being uncomfortable about. Considering all the terrible stuff he has done already.

I can see a more-or-less faithful rendition of Ramsay and Jeyne's wedding night in the books being something that would horrify Rheon, even if the show cuts to black much where the book did.

I can see a more-or-less faithful rendition of Ramsay and Jeyne's wedding night in the books being something that would horrify Rheon, even if the show cuts to black much where the book did.

I really don't think they're going there with Sansa. Sophie's interviews really don't paint such a gruesome pictures plus that would really be step backwards for the character.

I only vaguely lurked on here during S4 (and even less during S3) but I don't seem to recall Ran being that bothered by Stannis in either the books or show, unless I'm misremembering.

I know I'm kind of poking at a hornet's nest here as Show!Stannis is one of THOSE topics :ack: But I've loved him from day one and his end of ASOS/ADWD material is my favourite in the books so I'm not even jumping out of my skin with excitement for all this stuff because it just feels like a natural progression in his storyline.

I'm just jumping out my skin for more Stannis period that we're going to get heaps of him AND more folks might like him is a bonus. I adore Show!Stannis. I'm just not quite prepared for the horrible march of horribleness. Protect Stannis 2k15.

I'm just very, totally, extremely excited for everything Stannis this year, especially for MORE Stannis :cheers: My excitement makes me almost dizzy, I just want this damn season to finally begin!

Hahaha, I love it :lol:

Hilarious Unsullied are still the best Unsullied!

Though, nothing will ever top this comment from last year -> http://www.funnyjunk.com/What+game+of+thrones+feels+like+worth/funny-pictures/5177774/

OMFG, that's fookin' hilarious!! I hadn't seen that before. 'putting salt in the womb' HAHAHAHAHA! You're right, that's the best evah!

I really don't think they're going there with Sansa. Sophie's interviews really don't paint such a gruesome pictures plus that would really be step backwards for the character.

It's hard to tell. We've got two seemingly conflicting descriptions of Sansa's arc this season from interviews:

1. Sansa is confident, empowered, in control of her life, she's come into her own, she's surprising everyone (even herself), she's Littlefinger's partner in crime, she's applying every lesson she's learned over the past four seasons, Sophie hopes that viewers will see her as a badass, etc.

2. Sansa faces a lot of hardships this season, it's her hardest season yet, she has a super traumatic scene that was difficult for the crew members to watch, her main goal is to stay alive, etc.

On top of that, we also know that Ramsay in Season 5 acquires a "new plaything" and that Sansa is at Winterfell (thanks to the trailer).

#1 sounds like a confident, manipulative player who shapes her own fate and is an emerging power in the world. #2 sounds like a traumatized victim who goes from one horrible situation to the next, fighting to stay alive.

If both of these are meant to describe Sansa's arc in Season 5 in its entirety, they can't both be right; if Sansa was such a powerful person in control of her own life as described in #1, she wouldn't have any "hardships" to worry about, and she would never put herself in a situation where she would be abused. My guess is that Sansa starts off the season as a self-possessed powerhouse, but that once she arrives at Winterfell and falls under the Boltons' control, things get very bad for her very quickly, likely due to Ramsay in the mix, who it's been indicated will be even more dangerous and more out of control this season than in past seasons. It's not so much "1 or 2" as "1, and then 2."

Benioff has also warned that Arya and Sansa's newfound confidence won't necessarily lead them to bright and sunshiny places. Given that Arya's arc appears to be a straight-up adaptation of her ADWD material (with some version of the Mercy TWOW kill), this seems more likely to apply to Sansa's arc in Season 5, which is more of a mystery at this point (since the show appears to have burned through all her AFFC and is packing Sansa off to Winterfell).

Yeah, I think so, too. LF may tell her how to please men, and she will seduce Ramsay. Then realize she's in over her head.

It's hard to tell. We've got two seemingly conflicting descriptions of Sansa's arc this season from interviews:

1. Sansa is confident, empowered, in control of her life, she's come into her own, she's surprising everyone (even herself), she's Littlefinger's partner in crime, she's applying every lesson she's learned over the past four seasons, Sophie hopes that viewers will see her as a badass, etc.

2. Sansa faces a lot of hardships this season, it's her hardest season yet, she has a super traumatic scene that was difficult for the crew members to watch, her main goal is to stay alive, etc.

On top of that, we also know that Ramsay in Season 5 acquires a "new plaything" and that Sansa is at Winterfell (thanks to the trailer).

#1 sounds like a confident, manipulative player who shapes her own fate and is an emerging power in the world. #2 sounds like a traumatized victim who goes from one horrible situation to the next, fighting to stay alive.

If both of these are meant to describe Sansa's arc in Season 5 in its entirety, they can't both be right; if Sansa was such a powerful person in control of her own life as described in #1, she wouldn't have any "hardships" to worry about, and she would never put herself in a situation where she would be abused. My guess is that Sansa starts off the season as a self-possessed powerhouse, but that once she arrives at Winterfell and falls under the Boltons' control, things get very bad for her very quickly, likely due to Ramsay in the mix, who it's been indicated will be even more dangerous and more out of control this season than in past seasons. It's not so much "1 or 2" as "1, and then 2."

Yeah, I've had the same thoughts.

The writers are really playing with fire on this arc. The backlash to this could easily make last year's SeptGate look like a tea party by comparison, if they handle this badly.

If both of these are meant to describe Sansa's arc in Season 5 in its entirety, they can't both be right; if Sansa's such a powerful person in control of her own life as described in #1, she won't have any "hardships" to worry about. My guess is that Sansa starts off the season as a self-possessed powerhouse, but that once she arrives at Winterfell and falls under the Boltons' control, things get very bad for her very quickly, likely due to Ramsay in the mix, who it's been indicated will be even more dangerous and more out of control this season than in past seasons. It's not so much "1 or 2" as "1, and then 2."

I think she will suffer just like jeyne, only she will handle it differently. Instead of huddling in the corner of ramsays bedroom, she will be actively trying to escape. her and theon will probably work together to escape. she will manipulate reek not ramsay.

Sansa supercedes Theon, though. I'm starting to think that we won't see much of the book Theon plotline.

[...]It's not so much "1 or 2" as "1, and then 2."

We also had, "this is the defining moment for Sansa", "maybe she'll form her own house", "all that remains is to wait for the brothers", "maybe D&D will let her die / retire after this year". These don't sound like she'll finish in a bad position.

I think she will suffer just like jeyne, only she will handle it differently. Instead of huddling in the corner of ramsays bedroom, she will be actively trying to escape. her and theon will probably work together to escape. she will manipulate reek not ramsay.

Just wanting to make this clear, not directing it specifically to you:

Jeyne had been told how to "please men" and forced into sexual slavery, raped repeatedly and beaten, before she even got there. She was then faced with one of the most vicious psychopaths of the series, who rapes, tortures, and feeds women to dogs. It would be difficult for most men to counter someone like this, case in point, Theon. Also keep in mind that it's easy for even a small man to overpower a woman, most men are much stronger than women. It's not that easy to escape these situations. Not at all.

So please, on behalf of women who have been in these situations, let's be careful when we talk about these things.

Yeah, I've had the same thoughts.

The writers are really playing with fire on this arc. The backlash to this could easily make last year's SeptGate look like a tea party by comparison, if they handle this badly.

Agreed, on both counts.

I guess my issue is that so much has been made of Sansa's growth as a player, so for D&D to build her up as a confident, self-possessed player in control of her life and then feed her to the Boltons, effectively slotting her into the Jeyne role of abuse victim, makes no sense whatsoever to me. It seems like one nasty "Gotcha!" if that's the case.

It only makes sense if Sansa eventually winds up in similar dire straits in the books, even if it's not at the Boltons' hands.

We also had, "this is the defining moment for Sansa", "maybe she'll form her own house", "all that remains is to wait for the brothers", "maybe D&D will let her die / retire after this year". These don't sound like she'll finish in a bad position.

Sansa apparently has an ambiguous end to her storyline this year. Sophie has also said that this year is the big climax for Sansa, such that she doesn't know what would be left for her (or words to that effect). I'm not sure what all that means. I know a while ago we were floating potential ambiguous ends for Sansa this year, and here are a few suggested:

1. Stannis' forces arrive at a Winterfell where some sort of struggle has taken place, but the Boltons and Sansa are nowhere to be found.

2. Sansa and Theon jump off the Winterfell battlements to escape, and it's not clear whether they survive the fall. This would also tie into Alfie Allen saying that there's a light at the end of the tunnel for Theon this season "in a sort of Game of Thrones way."

3. Theon and Sansa run into Stannis' forces after escaping, but it's not clear what Stannis intends to do with them.

4. The pink letter reaches Jon and Ramsay mentions Sansa in some way, but we don't know what became of her.

5. Stannis' forces burst into Winterfell, only to see a bunch of Bolton men corpses and Sansa calmly sitting amidst the slaughter.

Archived