Casting, News, and Speculation while waiting on Season 5 (Book & Show Spoilers)

Lady Fevre Dream

Rheon's interview seemed to suggest Ramsay survives this season, but he also said he doesn't know if he's in the next season, which, if Ramsay weren't killed, it's hard to see how he wouldn't be. So he may just be obfuscating one way or another (though Ramsay dying this season was always purely speculative).

On an unrelated note, staring at the photo of Roose, Ramsay and Walda that toplines the WOTW article with the Rheon interview, I had never noticed before how goofy the Bolton guards' helmets are.

Rheon's interview seemed to suggest Ramsay survives this season, but he also said he doesn't know if he's in the next season, which, if Ramsay weren't killed, it's hard to see how he wouldn't be. So he may just be obfuscating one way or another (though Ramsay dying this season was always purely speculative).

Maybe it's not just Sansa's ending for this season that is ambiguous but the entire Winterfell storyline is up in the air. If there's a pink letter situation, it would make a lot of sense that Sansa and Ramsay's fates are up in the air.

In theory, Sansa supersedes Margaery, Olenna, Littlefinger, etc., yet her season 3 plot was converted into a showcase for them at her expense.

Eh, as far as I'm concerned, book Sansa behaved like an idiot when she trusted Dontos, so I was happy when that part got cut until S4.

Agreed, on both counts.

I guess my issue is that so much has been made of Sansa's growth as a player, so for D&D to build her up as a confident, self-possessed player in control of her life and then feed her to the Boltons, effectively slotting her into the Jeyne role of abuse victim, makes no sense whatsoever to me. It seems like one nasty "Gotcha!" if that's the case.

Why 'effectively slotting her' into that? We don't know to what extent the show is adapting the storyline from Ramsay's side (i.e. the ADWD Ramsay-marriage plotline), and to what extent it is adapting it from Sansa's side (i.e. the TWOW Sansa-marriage plotline). We shouldn't assume that the show's doing Ramsay's side just because we have more information about it. (It's that infamous "unknown unknowns"/information asymmetry problem.)

I.e. it's possible that Sansa will have some hardships, and then prevail. Using your notation, 1 -> 2 -> 1.

Eh, as far as I'm concerned, book Sansa behaved like an idiot when she trusted Dontos, so I was happy when that part got cut until S4.

Dontos was the only person offering to help. She knew he was a loser, but the other alternative was sitting around and doing nothing.

Also, book!Sansa knew that her family was not coming to her wedding.

I will watch in my bed, at 2am, with my comuter, trying not to make noises so that I don't wake up my parents hehe

I'll be watching at 2am too, in my spare room :)

I usually go to sleep at around 11 so I get *some* sleep then wake up in time to find a stream!

How's everyone going to watch the big premiere? You guys watch with friends/family, or do you like to watch solo?

I'll be watching in my dorm at 9 pm with my laptop. If anyone tries to bother me, I'll just use one of the Hound's lines to shut them up.

Well if Sansa married Harry the Heir would the plot have gone anywhere with her and Littlefinger? I feel like the other alternative would have been for her to not appear in Season 5. I think they really should have established Jeyne Poole as being friends with Sansa in the first couple of seasons and then brought her back this season to be Ramsay's bride. I don't think it would have been that complicated.

Well if Sansa married Harry the Heir would the plot have gone anywhere with her and Littlefinger. The only other alternative seems to be that she wouldn't appear in Season 5.

Well, we don't really know the full outline of the plot. But more to the point, the show could have easily not blown through her entire AFFC arc in about one scene in season 4. They clearly did that having made a conscious choice that they were going to merge this plot with the Northern one.

Well, we don't really know the full outline of the plot. But more to the point, the show could have easily not blown through her entire AFFC arc in about one scene in season 4. They clearly did that having made a conscious choice that they were going to merge this plot with the Northern one.

Yeah it pretty much seems that way, but not much happens in her AFFC arc. She only had 3 chapters and since she has been in 7 episodes or more each season, I don't think they could have dragged out those 3 chapters across 7 episodes.

There is speculation - and I know most poo poo it here - that they knew what they were going to do when they named Ramsey's current plaything Myranda. That is really some coincidence.

Well if Sansa married Harry the Heir would the plot have gone anywhere with her and Littlefinger? I feel like the other alternative would have been for her to not appear in Season 5. I think they really should have established Jeyne Poole as being friends with Sansa in the first couple of seasons and then brought her back this season to be Ramsay's bride. I don't think it would have been that complicated.

They could have given her a more low key storyline where she had some much needed character development. They plunged her into using sexuality to manipulate, without giving her a chance to explore her own sexuality on her own terms (and this was shown in her book story). "I know what you want" sexually. But what does she want? Doesn't matter. Go fuck Ramsay for Winterfell (which doesn't even make sense).

They need to get into the truth about what Littlefinger has done. There was a Jeyne in season 1, they called her out in the commentary. What happened to her? What could have happened to Sansa, if not for Cat's red hair and Winterfell? And the man who did this to her is right there, Littlefinger. Will the show address any of this in anything but a sexualizing Sophie for ratings sort of way? Not holding my breath. But possibly.

Since Sansa revealed her true identity in the show, I guess marrying her to Harry the Heir was unnecessary, but I have to wonder if Sansa does marry Ramsay wouldn't Cersei hear about this since Roose is Warden of the North. I imagine that could come up when Littlefinger travels to King's Landing.

Possibility Stannis is in every episode this year?

Confirmed for eps 1-4.

5- Big meeting of the Wildling generals / Baratheons / NW regarding the plan for the North. Stannis signals intention to reclaim Winterfell.

6 - Stannis departs the Wall

7 - Captures Yara at Deepwood Motte

8 - Surprise attack by Boltons on camp

9 - Freezing and starving during the March / battle of Frozen lakes

10 - Seige of Winterfell (left up in the air)

I mean Stannis is basically confirmed for six eps (1-4 and, due to the "Baratheon General" casting, eps 9-10) so I'd say it's possible.

How's everyone going to watch the big premiere? You guys watch with friends/family, or do you like to watch solo?

i'm going to turn off all the lights in my room , wrap myself in a blanket and watch on my laptop at probable really late at night. because thats the only way it seems i'll get some enjoyment out of it. thats the way i'll probably watch all the eps lol

if i watch it live or look for fandom reactions or whatever, i'll probably seethe.

And the man who did this to her is right there, Littlefinger.

Will the show address any of this in anything but a sexualizing Sophie for ratings sort of way? Not holding my breath. But possibly.

Who is going to tell her the man that hurt Jeyne is LF? No one in the books and it doesn't exist on the show. As for sexualizing, the book and show seem to be on par after that last chapter. We'll know for sure when the book comes out whether she goes through with the marriage to Harry and consummates it, but it seems likely.

Archived