Casting, News, and Speculation while waiting on Season 5 (Book & Show Spoilers)

Lady Fevre Dream

It's a shame these threads keep becoming dominated by so much negative talk from members who hate the show, but are apparently determined to keep watching only to continue complaining about it. Many of us really enjoy the TV show and recognise that it's about as good an adaptation as we could hope for. It's great to hear reasonable criticisms, but I keep coming to these threads to find a relentless knitting circle of people taking this negativity far beyond what is necessary or reasonable. It's a TV show, there are big constraints it has to take on. TV shows generally also need to be visually interesting to keep people interested. Yes, it's TV.

There's also the problem that the Sand Snakes weren't great characters in the books like Oberyn was. I personally find them incredibly cheesy and annoying and I was hoping to have them cut from the show instead of Arianne. They were written as B-movie characters in the books and I expect them to be even worse in the show due to the way the film medium highlights.cheesy dialogue.

I agree with the Sand Snakes being cheesy, but I never connected to Arianne the way some book readers have. I actually found her chapters difficult to concentrate on simply because she was (imo) an older, more permissive version of Dany. Her presence in book four merely underlined the issues I had with Dany waffling around Slavers Bay, wanting to fix other peoples lives only to end up making their lives worse, for example. Imo, the reason I could see her in the show is to make sure the audience gets that Dorne accepts female rulers. Outside of that? She's just not that important. Unless you view fAegon as being important.

I suffered through ten minutes of the crapfest that is the Irish Late Late Show to watch Liam Cunningham. Nothing about S5 what a shocker (they even played Stannis and Davos talking to Mance and Jon in 4.10 as the "Season 5 preview") but there was a lot of talk about beards and how he has to turn down work because he can't take clean shaven roles :D He says he has to start really growing it out around the end of April. Of course he could be keeping the beard to throw us off the scent but I'm confident enough he will be in S6. He also said S6 might start filming in June this year

He said he read the description of Davos as having a "greying beard" so he rocked up at hair and make up avec beard and he joked that he could see the crew were delighted because they had a "wall of beards" stuck up behind them and he was going to save them time ;)

I've written before that beards aren't generally my thing (but now most of those threads are gone I am free to repeat myself, suckas!...) but Liam looks great with one. I find him more handsome with the "not in filming mode yet" beard than the "actually Davos" beard but then again his wardrobe as Davos is pretty much "restyled potato sack" (and I'm CONVINCED he was sharing a robe with Selyse in S3) so that might have something to do with it.

I LOVE Liam's salt-and-pepper-beard, it's exactly how I imagine book!Davos' one to look like! Awesome beard :bowdown:

---

Also, since it has nothing to do with the screeners leaks, but was yesterday posted in the same thread that was about them (and so got deleted, too), here a reminder of these (for those who haven't seen it yesterday):

https://mobile.twitter.com/westerosorg/status/584040767997480960

https://mobile.twitter.com/westerosorg/status/584042178827001856

https://mobile.twitter.com/westerosorg/status/584062249007996929

https://mobile.twitter.com/westerosorg/status/584064767792406528

StanStans, GET HYPE! :commie: :drool: :bowdown:

from an interview with iwan Rheon from the telegraph" some stuff I've done in the season coming now really disturbs me. Learning it at home, gearing myself up, it's horrible. Then when I get on set, in my trailer, that day, oh god, I really don't want to do it. You've got to slap your self, come on it's not real."

from an interview with iwan Rheon from the telegraph" some stuff I've done in the season coming now really disturbs me. Learning it at home, gearing myself up, it's horrible. Then when I get on set, in my trailer, that day, oh god, I really don't want to do it. You've got to slap your self, come on it's not real."

:uhoh: :uhoh: :uhoh:

... I don't know what I can say else...

Well in the Bolton flaying video there was a brief new scene of ramsay with two goons in winterfell appearing to begin preparing to flay someone. I could see them doing a scene where some poor servant calls ramsay lord snow and is punished for the slight. Though ramsay has done lots of flaying in previous seasons so? Probably not the scene he is referring to.

Short clip of Liam on the Late Late Show talking about That Time a Fan Fainted in Brazil

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmIcbn9qtgU

The link for the full show is underneath (and his interview is at the start of the show) but I'm not sure if RTE player is viewable outside of Ireland.. it does say it can be watched anywhere in the world but obviously I can't test that!

When he came out the band did a cool version of the GoT theme tune.

Actually it's that most wonderful time of the year when all sorts of random versions of the GoT theme tune do the rounds :D

I feel like they've only scratched the surface with how gross Ramsay is in the show, even with the torture of Theon.

I remember feeling that he had been established as a truly repulsive character in the books long before he actually appeared.

:agree: definitely!

Short clip of Liam on the Late Late Show talking about That Time a Fan Fainted in Brazil

The link for the full show is underneath (and his interview is at the start of the show) but I'm not sure if RTE player is viewable outside of Ireland.. it does say it can be watched anywhere in the world but obviously I can't test that!

When he came out the band did a cool version of the GoT theme tune.

Actually it's that most wonderful time of the year when all sorts of random versions of the GoT theme tune do the rounds :D

Thanks! I'll definitely watch it later (am currently not at home and so can't watch yt videos).

Any idea what this could be? "This is the time" scene?

I'm guessing it will involve Davos since the Stannis and Jon meetings in the books seem to cover every important event.

I think the "This is the time, and I'll risk everything" scene will happen later than ep. 1 - 4, he seems to be there in a tent in his camp on the way to Winterfell.

Mhm... maybe something with Shireen? Or yeah, Davos? So many possibilities...

Dunno if discusse, but Harry Lloyd's AMA was yesterday :

Hi Harry, loved Supreme Tweeter, well done!

I have two questions,

Q

Would you consider returning to Game of Thrones in the future, for flashbacks or dream sequences or the like?

A

Absolutely.

ETA: http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/3182as/im_harry_lloyd_the_rightful_king_of_the_andals/

Good answers about Viserys and how hes sees it. totally worthy

*heavy breathing* be still...be still my heart...

It's so strange to think that Viserys on screen was so very long ago now (in TV terms it's a lifetime anyway!). But when I was watching the show in those first few episodes I knew absolutely nothing about the books and he was the standout performer to me.

It's so strange to think that Viserys on screen was so very long ago now (in TV terms it's a lifetime anyway!). But when I was watching the show in those first few episodes I knew absolutely nothing about the books and he was the standout performer to me.

I think he captured crazy Viserys perfectly. He had this sort of wild eyed look and was just all around great. He is quite tall and thin too, which is always how O pictured Viserys? Hats off to whoever cast him.

I think he captured crazy Viserys perfectly. He had this sort of wild eyed look and was just all around great. He is quite tall and thin too, which is always how O pictured Viserys? Hats off to whoever cast him.

He was the perfect Viserys :agree:

He had the looks (as you said, tall and gaunt/thin, his hair/wig, the look in his eyes, and so on), and played him excellently, showing his extreme obsession and impulsiveness, but also the hurt, lonely boy he was inside.

Elio speculated that Sansa might marry Ramsay in the trailer video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_68S55PkAtQ

This is Jeyne talking about Ramsay:

He knows who I am, though. Who I really am. I see it when he looks at me. He looks so angry, even when he smiles..."

And from the new TWOW preview chapter:

Sansa talking about Harry (Littlefinger tells her how to please men, notably Harry, in this chapter, too):

Harry was staring at her. He knows who I am, she realized, and he does not seem pleased to see me.

Archived