Casting, News, and Speculation while waiting on Season 5 (Book & Show Spoilers)

Lady Fevre Dream

Has anyone else seen this new casting rumpr? Winteriscoming.net has been posting about a new Griff/Young Griff secret casting.

I still think it's likely that Trystane is (f)Aegon (for the sake of streamlining the story). But these guys present a new possibility: http://winteriscoming.net/2015/03/30/game-of-thrones-season-5-rumors-to-griff-or-not-to-griff/

That's been disproved.

Has anyone else seen this new casting rumpr? Winteriscoming.net has been posting about a new Griff/Young Griff secret casting.

I still think it's likely that Trystane is (f)Aegon (for the sake of streamlining the story). But these guys present a new possibility: http://winteriscoming.net/2015/03/30/game-of-thrones-season-5-rumors-to-griff-or-not-to-griff/

Disproven.

That whole thing has pretty much been quashed for some time. Hopefully, Konradmith will come into this thread and explain how that story got from there to here, he's much better at that sort of thing than I am.

ETA: Double Ninja'd.

Whew, go away for a few hours and BLAMO! The world here is altered!

I'm trying to get straight what we can and cannot talk about. I understand Ran's position re leaks from from official screeners--that's bad form on their part, they're breaking their word to HBO, and that's not right. Got it. But, I copy/pasted this from Ran's message in the Lady Stoneheart thread:

Makes perfect sense, and its perfectly fair. My confusion though, is this: By this point, hundreds and hundreds of college students, perhaps thousands, have seen at least Ep.#1, and they're online with it all, all the time, everywhere. Presumably, they've shared with family and friends, which ends up probably in the tens of thousands of people. And that's just in the U.S. Presumably, the same thing is going on worldwide--I know I've seen some spoilery material in foreign languages. And certainly, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram are alive with 'tips and clues' about Ep.#1, and about other episodes. In fact, if you frequent social media, its difficult to avoid all the S5 information out there.

So, I guess my question is this: We know lots of details from lots of sources, at least about Ep.#1, From ordinary people posting online, not from official screeners at all--just 'some guy on Reddit' or someone over at Twitter whose information matches with what we've gleaned from HBO trailers, stills and other HBO-released material about S5.

Can we discuss and speculate about everything that we've put together, at least about Ep. #1, or other episodes being discussed all over social media, while we avoid naming and sourcing material to an official screener, and certainly avoid asking questions of some leaking screener?

Here's an example--Sansa is going to Winterfell. I think everybody on the planet knows that by now--HBO itself released footage of Vale knights riding into Winterfell's courtyard, and the Roose actor said at the premiere 'There will be a wedding.' LOTS to talk about and discuss there! Can we talk about it?

I'm going to report my own post now to the Mods, asking if one of them can come into this thread and let us know what is and isn't allowed, perhaps Ran himself if he's still online. I'm not being obstreperous, not at all--I'm sincerely at a loss, and Ran's warning simply says we cannot post leaks derived from screeners. -- and we can all see and understand that position perfectly. What about all the other information that's out there everywhere, posited by ordinary people, even anonymous people? Can we talk about it?

Off to report myself to the Mods. (There's a first!) :P

Yea that's all great. Where is my apology?

That whole thing has pretty much been quashed for some time. Hopefully, Konradmith will come into this thread and explain how that story got from there to here, he's much better at that sort of thing than I am.

Some dude noticed those two actors had unspecified roles on the GoT Wiki. This person took to reddit and started a topic about it, speculating they're playing the Griffs. Dave Harris of WIC saw it and decided to run with an article on the rumor.

There was never any real evidence for it, so there was nothing to squash. They wouldn't cast these guys in such important roles if the Griffs were in that way.

Some dude noticed those two actors had unspecified roles on the GoT Wiki. This person took to reddit and started a topic about it, speculating they're playing the Griffs. Dave Harris of WIC saw it and decided to run with an article on the rumor.

There was never any real evidence for it, so there was nothing to squash. They wouldn't cast these guys in such important roles if the Griffs were in that way.

Good to know! Thanks for the quick answers guys. I read it and was like "???" So its great to get to the truth so quickly. :)

What did I miss? Everything closed due to nasty leaks? Fair Play to Ran.

I take it that the only issue is from leaks from the 1-4 screeners, that all the other info is legit for discussion?

If so we should use the summary from locked thread 13.

Dunno if discusse, but Harry Lloyd's AMA was yesterday :

Hi Harry, loved Supreme Tweeter, well done!

I have two questions,

Q
Would you consider returning to Game of Thrones in the future, for flashbacks or dream sequences or the like?

A
Absolutely.

ETA: http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/3182as/im_harry_lloyd_the_rightful_king_of_the_andals/

Good answers about Viserys and how hes sees it. totally worthy

So Dorne needs something big as its the new area this season, what will be the ending scene/Fire and Blood Equivalent?

So what do you gies think will be Dorans reveal?

Who will he reveal it to?

What relevance will it be to the overall story?

Dunno if discusse, but Harry Lloyd's AMA was yesterday :

Hi Harry, loved Supreme Tweeter, well done!

I have two questions,

Q

Would you consider returning to Game of Thrones in the future, for flashbacks or dream sequences or the like?

A

Absolutely.

ETA: http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/3182as/im_harry_lloyd_the_rightful_king_of_the_andals/

Good answers about Viserys and how hes sees it. totally worthy

It would be really, really cool if we could see again Harry Lloyd in the show, in any form. He was the perfect Viserys, IMHO.

So Dorne needs something big as its the new area this season, what will be the ending scene/Fire and Blood Equivalent?

I said this a few threads ago, but my prediction is:

Doran resolves things with Jaime in a seemingly amicable way, suggests Myrcella visit KL again, and that a Dornish delegation including Nym and Tyene (and possibly others) will accompany them in friendship. After Jaime leaves the room, Doran reveals his true plan to get revenge on the Lannisters to the others.

With the optional additional reveal that he's sending some of the Dornish characters who aren't going to KL to Meereen instead, to make contact with Dany.

Yeah the only thing we know is that he will be in 507 when he buys Jorah and Tyrion, but that was learned a while ago as the slave auction takes place then.

ooh i didnt even know that i mustve missed it. i do remember it was speculated though that malko was going to be a slaver that captures tyrion and jorah. so malko captures tyrion and jorah maybe end of 505, sold to yezzan in 507 and then somehow tyrion gets to hizdahr by 509?

ooh i didnt even know that i mustve missed it. i do remember it was speculated though that malko was going to be a slaver that captures tyrion and jorah. so malko captures tyrion and jorah maybe end of 505, sold to yezzan in 507 and then somehow tyrion gets to hizdahr by 509?

I thought Malko was just a slave-auctioner, but I think Tyrion and Jorah will be captured in 506, 505 seems like they would still be on the route to Meereen, but yeah it's possible that 508 has Hizdahr and Dany visiting the Slave markets in Meereen and that's where Dany tells Hizdahr to take Tyrion because she feels bad that he is dwarf or something like that.

I said this in another thread, but I think the surprise will be Doran pulling a curtain and revealing Arianne, Euron, Aegon, Jon Connington, Lady Stoneheart, and Strong Belwas

No, I agree with Colonel Green above, but I think Doran will also break up the kids' betrothal and the speech will be to Trystane and it'll be something like:

"Now you have to go on a perilous journey to bring us our heart's desire, etc, etc"

I said this in another thread, but I think the surprise will be Doran pulling a curtain and revealing Arianne, Euron, Aegon, Jon Connington, Lady Stoneheart, and Strong Belwas

No, I agree with Colonel Green above, but I think Doran will also break up the kids' betrothal and the speech will be to Trystane and it'll be something like:

"Now you have to go on a perilous journey to bring us our heart's desire, etc, etc"

So how come you have a little flower after your name, and I don't.

:(

Well, have at it. Speculation and casting within the bounds and reasons of the board rules.

And.......that's all I have for now, unless someone else has started a thread.

I'll be off looking for some things to add to the thread. Just remember.....nothing about the recently released screeners that are now out and about on the internets without approval from HBO.

Anyone see this picture from WotW?

http://watchersonthewall.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Screen-Shot-2015-04-03-at-10.33.14-AM.png

Pretty sure that's Mance's execution. If you look near the bottom right you can see Mance with two soldiers on either side of him. That's never a good sign lol.

Archived